Mile high hello

GoldenMotor.com

DarkRide

Jun 23, 2008
Denver CO
Hi, folks. Great forum you have here. Like my fellow Coloradoan a couple of posts below mine, I stumbled into this world via ebay and craigslist. I love the idea of getting back to the roots of motorcycling.

I have a custom single speed mountain bike that I bought b/c it looked cool but haven't ridden very much. I think it would be a great bike to motorize, though. I'm thinking one of Dax's Titans and it sounds like people here are of the same mind.

So if I can ask a question, why do you more experienced folks prefer motorized bikes over motorcycles or scooters?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us :D

I've alway's been a Motorcycle person, I have owned many motorcycle's and one scooter.. I like the MB because no insurance, no driver's license, no registration. It's the most low cost fun you can have on two wheels

:ride2:

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
well, hello! glad you could join us...make yourself at home...and when you get your MB built, show us some pictures!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. You are among some the greatest motorized bicycle enthusiasts in the world. I've rode motorcycles all my life. But when I was a kid I always wanted a motorized bicycle, so I guess I'm fulfilling a childhood fantasy. If I had had a motorized bicycle like I have now when I was in Junior High, I would've been the coolest guy in town. I like the no inurance, no tags, no inspection. It's just the ultimate simple machine. Plus I just love it when someone asks where I bought that thing...................................

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Welcome to the forum. I envy you living in Colorado. We just moved from Colorado and miss it bad.

Folks prefer motorized bikes over scooters and motorcycles probably due to cost and simplicity of design. A 50cc scooter sells for 2k new.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site mike. i have a titan bicycle motor and i think it is awesome. its quite, its smooth and so far maintenance free . glad to have you with us

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
Welcome to the madness......now your hooked.....oh ya...your hooked...get ready to have the time of your life.....