Mile high hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DarkRide, Jun 23, 2008.

1. DarkRide

DarkRide New Member

Hi, folks. Great forum you have here. Like my fellow Coloradoan a couple of posts below mine, I stumbled into this world via ebay and craigslist. I love the idea of getting back to the roots of motorcycling.

I have a custom single speed mountain bike that I bought b/c it looked cool but haven't ridden very much. I think it would be a great bike to motorize, though. I'm thinking one of Dax's Titans and it sounds like people here are of the same mind.

So if I can ask a question, why do you more experienced folks prefer motorized bikes over motorcycles or scooters?

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us :D

I've alway's been a Motorcycle person, I have owned many motorcycle's and one scooter.. I like the MB because no insurance, no driver's license, no registration. It's the most low cost fun you can have on two wheels

:ride2:

3. MrLarkins

MrLarkins HS Math Teacher

well, hello! glad you could join us...make yourself at home...and when you get your MB built, show us some pictures!

4. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. You are among some the greatest motorized bicycle enthusiasts in the world. I've rode motorcycles all my life. But when I was a kid I always wanted a motorized bicycle, so I guess I'm fulfilling a childhood fantasy. If I had had a motorized bicycle like I have now when I was in Junior High, I would've been the coolest guy in town. I like the no inurance, no tags, no inspection. It's just the ultimate simple machine. Plus I just love it when someone asks where I bought that thing...................................

5. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc New Member

Welcome to the forum. I envy you living in Colorado. We just moved from Colorado and miss it bad.

Folks prefer motorized bikes over scooters and motorcycles probably due to cost and simplicity of design. A 50cc scooter sells for 2k new.

6. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

I got into it for errands I don't drive a car much for health reasons. I stay with it out of pure joy,

Welcome

7. paul

paul Active Member

welcome to the site mike. i have a titan bicycle motor and i think it is awesome. its quite, its smooth and so far maintenance free . glad to have you with us

8. jf30cp

jf30cp New Member

Welcome to the madness......now your hooked.....oh ya...your hooked...get ready to have the time of your life.....

9. nitroscope8

nitroscope8 New Member

VERY fun to ride. Gonna be a little more work in the begining than you might want, but it's worth it.

Now....for my 5th damn flat tire in two weeks RAWR....

10. nogoodnic

nogoodnic New Member

Welcome to the forum DarkRide. Enjoy the ride...Kelly

11. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Active Member

there fixed it for you fair(^)
    and a big mile high hello from Memphis DarkRide
    glad you joined the best motor biking forum on the www
    happy motoring
    ^5