Micargi Seattle SS

GoldenMotor.com
May 22, 2020
I'm about to start building one, and after looking at the 2 threads here I still have a couple of issues I am going to run into. Maybe someone here can give me an idea, how can I put the sprocket on the left side while keeping the disc brake?

May 22, 2020

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
That frame has quite enough space for a big engine. The way the engine has the angle of cylinder leaves lots of room. Looks real nice! The plate with the writing on it too.

May 22, 2020
Quick update, got the rear wheel on it and the chains seem to be straight. I did want to put this pic here to show how the sprocket and disc were both able to be mounted on the same side. I didn't realize the spacer in the middle there was not part of the hub when I first looked at it.
20201217_010404.jpg
I realize there doesn't look like much for it to hold onto, I plan on getting different wheels eventually, probably some Mag wheels from one of those Chinese websites. I plan on doing a bunch more, but hope to get it mobile by Christmas.

May 22, 2020
Looks good!

What's with the upside-down peanut tank?

It won't fill up or flow.
I had just connected it to start up the motor, it is not bolted in and will not be used. I needed to test the sound and I would say it failed, ordered a muffler, should go right before the tip. I'm also thinking of White/Black color scheme. Maybe paint the exhaust and certain parts white.

Reactions: 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Ok.:)

That’s a lot of mid frame space to fit the peanut tank in there, even temporarily.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Ok.:)

That’s a lot of mid frame space to fit the peanut tank in there, even temporarily.
It's better than using a funnel. One brother had another use a funnel with hose testing out a stationary small engine. It was hard starting and I was told that when the funnel dropped and the fire started, the bro that dropped the funnel used a garden hose to spread... no not really but could have... put out the fire. Not sure if it hydro locked, don't think so though.

Reactions: 5-7HEAVEN

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
https://motorbicycling.com/threads/center-stand.37247/page-2#post-690632 The thread you can look at most recent posts.

https://www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/center-stand-goose-neck.006/ The link for the seller.

I can see it looks a lot better than some I have purchased.

I just mangled another center stand for my overly heavy off road bike. Though it is steel and I have a MIG Welder which makes it possible to beef it up fixing it right, I may instead get another.

This one on the link above is like 3 times the cost, but I have seen others even for more where I'm not sure why as this looks quite good.

Now that ground where I'm at is drenched welding outdoors with a hose ready, is possible. When roads were closed due to fires and you have not many other ways to go but in the ocean, it is that welding out doors is put off for a while. Maybe just keep the old one to fix and keep as a spare, but buy this cruzzer stand.

Reactions: indian22
May 22, 2020
https://motorbicycling.com/threads/center-stand.37247/page-2#post-690632 The thread you can look at most recent posts.

https://www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/center-stand-goose-neck.006/ The link for the seller.

I can see it looks a lot better than some I have purchased.

I just mangled another center stand for my overly heavy off road bike. Though it is steel and I have a MIG Welder which makes it possible to beef it up fixing it right, I may instead get another.

This one on the link above is like 3 times the cost, but I have seen others even for more where I'm not sure why as this looks quite good.

Now that ground where I'm at is drenched welding outdoors with a hose ready, is possible. When roads were closed due to fires and you have not many other ways to go but in the ocean, it is that welding out doors is put off for a while. Maybe just keep the old one to fix and keep as a spare, but buy this cruzzer stand.
Thank you for that suggestion, I ended up buying that kickstand, the Crow one. I have it mocked up, just need to start reassembling everything. Still finishing up painting parts and the muffler finally came in, I'm hoping to get it assembled this weekend and finally ride it. If anyone is still here, any idea where to find a suspension front fork for this bad boy?

Reactions: indian22

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
What size is your steerer tube?

You're in luck, if it's 1.125".
There are many vendors selling that size on ebay.

If it's 1" size, only a few vendors.

May 22, 2020
Here's a quick update:
20210129_161100.jpg

I took it out quickly last night, the nuts on the rear brake vibrated loose as well as the chain which caused a little damage to the fender brace and caliper. USE LOCTITE!! I'll be taking it out tomorrow, hopefully with the exhaust finished and the rear fender sorted out. I'll take some better pics when it's finally done.

Reactions: PeteMcP