Marvin Martian's Madwagon

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Here are some pics of my new project. I got the bike for 15$ (second pic) it came with 2 flat tires and no brakes. The third picture is with a new back rim with coaster brake and 24x3" tire.
The first picture is how the bike is at this time. Front disc brake, 24x3" tires on both ends, in the middle of installing the motorcycle style front end and in need of some black paint for the back wheel.
The last pic is of my first build, which is now slated to be the parts bike for the Madwagon.
I have an idea of a custom tank (as suggested by Dan) but I will probably install the stock tank for the time being. ( I am very slow/picky when making things) I am also thinking of a rear fender made from a small section of 3" or 4" conduit. I will post more pictures as I progress.

Attachments

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
I just remembered, does anyone have any ideas of where or if I could get new Madwagon stickers? I hate to paint the frame if I can't replace the sticker. I don't think they make these any more but I thought someone might carry NOS stickers. Probably wishfull thinking.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Thanks guys, I am thinking about a boardtrack style (I think) seat. Something low and as far back as i can get it. I could make some rear mounts or supports to attach where the rear brakes used to. any ideas on sources for this?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Some one here made one with spring action. that would be awesome. Wish I could find it. Looked great!

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I like that frame and the big fat tires. Very cool

I also really like the way you routed the expansion chamber on the other build.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Here it is with the fork tubes trimmed down and some 3/4" conduit handlebars. I don't plan on leaving the conduit on there, but the clamp I got from e-bay is for bars without the enlarged center area. I guess I will get some motorcycle bars for it.

Attachments

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Thanks Ron, it was inspired by a Micargi Royal ( I think) that I saw on e-bay but I couldn't bring myself to pay ~ 400$ for it. The bad part is, I'll probably have more in this one. :( But I wouldn't have had the fun of building it. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
I've just started helping a friend build a mb. He really wanted the 24x3 rear and I don't blame him as it looks sweet. I am scratching my head about chain clearance on the rear tire though. How to do it without making a jack shaft. Hmmm. Any thoughts on this? I'll be watching. I may get a build thread going for his bike but at the very least I'll share whatever we come up with for the 3" tire chain setup. Your bike looks good so far.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Thanks seca40, I put a clamshell adapter on last night and sighted along the outer edge of the tire to see if the sprocket stuck out far enough. It does:) I will continue to post pics and info as I go also. You might get ahead of me though, because I have a tendency to be very slow.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Here are a couple of pics of the sprocket and clamshell. Pay no attention to my attempt at a rear fender! I might try it one more time with the next smaller size conduit. (The radius might match that of the tire better. or not) The last picture is of the seat that is on the way from e-bay.

Attachments

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Motorized Madwagon:) Well, really just in progress, but I think the exhaust from the Huffy is going to fit with NO modification. I am thinking about a new/better front motor mount. I think it will have two exhaust clamps and the steel plate will look sorta like a bow tie when viewed from above, with one muffler clamp where it is and the other one uphill from the stock motor mount.

Attachments