Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Building to scale Rick, how well I understand that. I'll measure everything up tomorrow but I do have a length of 3' tubing and a fair bit of 16 gauge steel. More than enough to make the fins. I did a quick measurement a couple of weeks ago to see how much height I had in the frame and now I forget what it was but 15" stick with me.

I'm not above remaking the frame so it will have a deeper loop so the engine will be a better fit. I've changed horses in mid stream so many times I've made it an art form.

I'll roll a crank case out of the 16 gauge to fit. That way I can make the crank case what ever size it needs to be.

Thank you for all the measurements and suggestions.. That is a great help.

I measure it up tomorrow as I said and that will make planing easier.

Steve.

Reactions: PeteMcP

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
It will be a single Rick and I woke up in the middle of the night remembering that it's all welded up and I can't change anything with out building a new front end.

It would be another horse changed in mid stream but I'd rather not.

Steve.

Reactions: PeteMcP

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Then appropriate sizing of the motor case design is in order Steve. The single cylinder makes it somewhat easier & a 4" or so E-motor diameter doesn't require much room in a case and jackshaft/reduction gear on the pedal bracket is always in play, if required, and it's faithful to the classic builds. Going with an in case jack shaft can create some chaining problems, especially if case room is cramped to begin with.

When there is will there are various ways!

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm thinking a separate jack shaft and some cunning metal work to help it blend in. Unlike the tri car it simply has to look believable and not authentic. That will be a breath of fresh air after the tri car. I have bearings and some material for the jack shaft.

There is a sprocket set up for the rear wheel and a bag of aluminum sprockets on the shelf. I usually order two or three of something since I'm paying for shipping anyway and it's 10 days to two weeks before it gets here.

Magneto for the tri car should be here next week. They are closing the U.S. and Canadian border on Friday the last report said. Only returning citizens will be allowed through and necessary goods. People needing to cross the border in an emergency will be allowed as well.

My guess would be that hearing that a Wal Mart on the other side has toilet paper would not be considered an emergency.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Here is the frame. Not sure if the lower tube could be removed to make room for the motor. Click photo to make it larger.

Steve.

Sure the tube can be removed, grommets added etc. but it's a nice shape and I'd hate to see it go just to clear a fake head. Remember the bottom of this crank case doesn't have to hold oil! Slot n' drop saves at least two inches in overall case height.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Although the frame isn't the correct style I have been sitting here thinking about the possibilities of making an Indian style single cylinder engine with the camel back tank that I took off the tri car when I made the current tank.

Then the obsessive restorer me kicked in and I walked away.

The great part is I saw a photo of the first Indian race bike made in 1903 that got Indian motorcycles started. They used the same style of frame. I'll have to look into this further.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Finland closed their borders.

Now no one is allowed over the Finnish line.

Steve.
When I first heard it called the Corona virus my thought was I had that stuff in Mexico and it was due to bad limes, not the Corona! Good taste and more filling. Though this comment is no doubt unsensitive humor is the best medicine...since nothing medical science has found helps.

Rick C.