Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I purchased these shelf brackets to use as headlight brackets. I planning to put a piece of metal on the side of the bracket that mounts to the seat to give it a better mounting surface.

There will be more metal on top of the bracket so I can mount the light. It will be mounted to the side of the seat towards the front. Weather has improved somewhat so hopefully I can get at it soon.

Steve.

Attachments

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Caught up with a few weeks of messages on this thread last week after no longer receiving e-mail notifications of posts. Odd that I'm still not getting notifications. Happened a few times with other threads I watch but usually sorts itself out.

Steve, those lamp brackets will look perfectly period adorning the chair's sides. I know I said in my last post they'd look 'the dogs danglers' but looking at the shape of them brackets, I'm getting more 'dogs bone-r'. Only kidding. What a score. Love 'em! :p

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Caught up with a few weeks of messages on this thread last week after no longer receiving e-mail notifications of posts. Odd that I'm still not getting notifications. Happened a few times with other threads I watch but usually sorts itself out.

Steve, those lamp brackets will look perfectly period adorning the chair's sides. I know I said in my last post they'd look 'the dogs danglers' but looking at the shape of them brackets, I'm getting more 'dogs bone-r'. Only kidding. What a score. Love 'em! :p
Pete I'm having the same problem regarding notifications. I would otherwise have my usual bit to add along the way. I eventually check for new posts on old threads and.will attempt to keep up.
I like the new spurt of life these posts give the forum.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you, Silver. we are supposed to have some sunny days coming up and I hope to get at it. I pulled the garage door up when a steel delivery came and doing that tore the muscles up in my shoulders. Typing is hard to do because every time I move my hands it hurts.

I may have to change to a better brand of rum to see if it helps.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Then don’t type for awhile. I’ve never tried it, but on my ipad and MacBook there is a voice recognition program so that it will do the typing for you. If it’s anything like the apple spell check software the results would be hilarious.

As they say, getting old ain’t for sissies. When even getting up out of a chair or worse yet up off the floor is a challenge, it is no great surprise that lifting a stubborn garage door leads to injury. Just a random thought but there should be a special olympics for geezers with events like the ”garage door dead lift” and “getting out of the bathtub by yourself”. I can see you doing well in the “welding while sitting down” event and for me the “sustained creative stare with beer assist” event. We could represent our countries, Steve! Something to think about…
SB

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Jeez Steve!
I'm feeling for ya. My Doc is giving me **** for my preferred analgesic. Actually, any imbibable fluid 40% and above.
You ever given thought to using the electric garage door opener? Bloody doors are almost impossible to budge when tied to the chain drive.
SB must be watching to Olympics. His geezer events would have to follow the Paralympics as they are too much competition for geezers.

Tom

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I have a 8ft. tall door and thinking on doing a opener, as getting hard to reach. I have one on my double door, I just had a new right shoulder installed and will see what happens after it heals.
Steve I would think it would be to your benefit to have one installed. I used a short rope for a while , but kept getting under the seal. My problem is getting it closed..........Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Usual end of February cold snap. Snow and below freezing temperatures with it barely above 35F. Today the snow finally melted and the March warm up has begun. Middle of next week they say we may get 50F and middle to upper 40's through the week with rain. I'm hoping that Art and I can reach a compromise and I can get into the garage and get working. I have a two shelf shop cart sitting in the living room piled high with parts.

Like Silverbear, Pete and Rick I'm on a first name basis with AliExpress. They keep sending seductive emails with things I never knew I needed so badly however I've been able to resist as hard as it is.

Pay Pal has sent me a couple of emails asking if I'm feeling well since they haven't heard from me in a couple of weeks.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I suspect a lot of us are getting antsy with waiting for warmer weather. I know that I am and with the least hint of warming temperatures I’m tempted to shout “spring is here!!!”….more or less. Two nights in the past week temps dropped at night to -40 warming up to around zero by mid day, but we’ll ignore that and focus instead on the balmy upper twenties yesterday that put a smile on neighbors’ faces with comments like “nice day, eh?” It seems that spring is like time and a relative thing. As the realtors say “location is everything”. Steve, when you are telling the time of the year by the progress of spring flowers, around here it is measured in melting ice cycles and lighter winter clothes. And when in BC there is the first sound of lawn mowers and perhaps even a garden rototiller, in my part of the world we’re excited to see the lake ice breaking up and hear the sound of ice shards lapping against the shore, a kind of tinkling natural music not all are privileged to hear. And I mean that… it is a glorious time of year and cause for celebration as the sun king returns. Long live the king! Woohoo! March here will see more snowfall and also recession of the snow pack as it warms up in a give and take of freeze and thaw. Cold nights and warm days makes the sap run not just in the trees, but in us two-leggeds as well. With March coming the shop will come alive with fire in the wood stove and an old fellow doing some tinkering on his projects with a pause now and then for some creative staring with cup of coffee assist. Here’s to spring Steve… and after that… summer is a comin…
SB

851166DF-0FD2-4468-9341-A54B6F282226.jpeg

I drove out to the cabin at Eagles Nest yesterday to check on things and strapped on snow shoes for a walk about. Nice and quiet in the forest.
SB