Im Going Legal in PA

GoldenMotor.com

Jobarwo

Mar 30, 2009
Idaho
Yeah,

I bought a Schwinn Jaguar which is A BICYCLE!!!!
That's exactly what I am going to mount my motor on. Mine's a '58 and is green. Has all the original parts... generator; 3sp rear hub, etc. It is not at all in pristine condition, but all the basic parts are there. My rear hub has a problem, in that according to the previous owner the little sleeve that receives the pull-chain is stripped(the threads). I'm not sure what I will do about that.

What is yours like?

ShawnMac

May 7, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
I just went out a bought a brand new one from Target. It will be for my Wife, I feel better having her on all brand new equipment for saftey reasons.

But... I love the old stuff!!! I got a '38 chevy Pickup, my lawn tractor is a '71 Sears (Roper) Suburban, just sold a sweet little '79 box van

I would luv to find a nice old bike for my ride!!!!

We should move this conversation somewhere else to avoid "thread jacking"

Jobarwo

Mar 30, 2009
Idaho
I'm not sure a new bike will be better built than an old one.

I still have a '67 Chevy Van. I keep trying to retire it, but end up using it again and again.

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
How about we keep the subject line based on what the thread is. So folks that are interested in taking their bike to a new level can find answers to how to meet the state at their laws faster. Also we are not setting some standard that everyone has to meet to ride legally on the street. The standard is already in place. We just put the time and hard work into finding what it takes to meet safety standard.
Yodabob legal in PA
YouTube - motorized bike street legal in PA

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I got a DOT taillight/brake light/ licence plate light. Now I have to make a bracket to install it on my bike. Next will be a DOT headlight, 12.5sq in mirror, new rear tire b/c mine has some wear on the side, front brakes, reflector front and rear, then a cover for the gas line. After all that I can get the enhanced inspection for a title/VIN #. Then I can get it registered.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Today In Ebay Motors = Search = "49cc Motor" 1 Very Nice Blue Avanti Moped 49cc. Bid At $50. I Day Left. Pick Up Only Nice Engine!!!??? Thought One Of You In Pa. Mite Be Interested. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Again Pa Riders. Was Just Looking At The Avanti Monto Motors Moped In S Pa. Again (it Is At Fairfield Pa.) Very Clean Looking, 395 Miles On Speedo. No Shipping. Bid Is At $66. 49cc Engine (4 Stroke ??) 1 Day Plus Left On Ebay Auction. Item 150 344 564 741. I Wish It Was Here. If A Member Buys It Keep Us Posted. Good Luck Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Stingray. Good Morning, I Am Not A Big Moped Fan. I Like Motor Bikes. I Thought The Motor Mite Be Of Use, But It Is A Clean Moped. Thanks For Your Reply And Input. I Have 3 Schwinn Oc Choppers, They All Have A Free Wheel Screw On Rear Sprocket. I Am Going To Look At Them A Little Closer Today, See If There Is Enough Room To Screw On A Shifter Cassette. Ron

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I am still trying to get my bike registered. I will probably put the brake/tail/licence plate light on this week. I have to make a bracket for it because it won't bolt right on since it is made for a trailer. It is kind of big for the bike, but it will work to get through the inspection requirement, then I can put the lights that I want back on it to look good. jbcruisin, what inspection station did you go to for your bike? Did you have any problems, was it expensive? I am willing to travel to get the bike inspected for a cheaper inspection, or a place that is a little more leniant to make this whole process easier. I am in Chester County. After a few more posts, I will put some pictures of my bike on here if I can. Thanks for everyones help with registration.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm not sure what shade it is. I picked out a color from about 300. Also it's a moped!! Can't get better than that. I want to have a get together for Pa. riders & anyone that wants to come this summer. What do you think out there? I'm in Lebanon, Pa.

Last edited:

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
That sounds cool. I never saw any other bicycles with engines on them besides my own. Where would you have the get together ride? In Lebanon? I like to bring my bike to shows, ive had it in 3 shows so far and won something at one of them. In August 2008 I won 1st place in the chopper class at the first annual street life auto club and O.C.C.s custom car and bike show. It was at orange county choppers headquarters in New York. I was surprised I won seeing some of the "real" bikes that were in the show. Maybe because mine was one of a kind and just so different compared to the usual choppers.

Last edited: