I love getting THAT look.

GoldenMotor.com

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
Surely you mean "spare" engines....

I would actually love to have others ride with me. But my brother is being a ****** and thinks its retarded to roll at 30-35mph across long expansive countrysides.... Don't worry...I'll be breaking my foot off in his.... later.

I have a couple friends that I'm sure would love to do it, but I can't afford two bike builds. I'm doing the 4stroke on my bike, not sure a 2stroke would hold up well enough to do that much riding each day.

Last edited:

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Surely you mean "spare" engines....

I would actually love to have others ride with me. But my brother is being a ****** and thinks its gay to roll at 30-35mph across long expansive countrysides.... Don't worry...I'll be breaking my foot off in his.... later.

I have a couple friends that I'm sure would love to do it, but I can't afford two bike builds. I'm doing the 4stroke on my bike, not sure a 2stroke would hold up well enough to do that much riding each day.
I've gone over 3000 miles on my 2-stroke. And it is holding up alright. I'd get a real carb if I was going to take it any distance though.

And of course I meant space engine. I'm taking my bike to the moon over winter break!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Not to burst anyones bubble, but the 450 miles a day thing is a pipe dream.
You'd have to average 22 mph for 20 hours. Not going to happen with a motorized bike unless I missed something and it's a motorized bike that will easily do 50 mph.

I've done a lot of motorcycle travels and even then, 450 miles a day is quite a bit of riding.

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
Long periods of riding actually don't bother me man. I'll make sure I have a comfortable seat, comfortable grips, plus stop every couple hours. I'll also be gearing it to do closer to 30-35 ;)

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
The only thing that bothers me riding for long periods of time is the noise. Maybe it would help if my exhaust wasn't falling apart ... but a 4-stroke would obviously help the noise too.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The only thing that bothers me riding for long periods of time is the noise. Maybe it would help if my exhaust wasn't falling apart ... but a 4-stroke would obviously help the noise too.
I was gonna say just that 2 Chris. 4 smoker is the way I would go. Vibes and noise wise.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
A good 2-stroke with a good exhaust wouldn't be to loud or vibrate anymore than a 4-stroke. But these chinese things ...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was gonna say just that 2 Chris. 4 smoker is the way I would go. Vibes and noise wise.
I should have said "as well" rather then "2" I meant it as "too" (English makes me crazy. We have 3 "2s" lol)((and 3 for's))

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I don't just get the look I get them jumping out in front and stopping me. I was riding the Green Hornet, (I love that bike) and this guy from a distance gives me the thumbs up, then as I get closer he decides to stop me. First thing out of his mouth is "is that a Whizzer" no it is what we call a Happy time bike. And then he starts telling me of all the list of bikes he had when he was a lad, fun story I have to admit, starting with the Whizzer, Cushman, Mustang. Ever see a US made Mustang motorcycle? they are cool. Well I finely got away, but he was nice. Have fun, Dave

PS: I bought a house in Utah today so I guess I will be getting more looks from out there. Notice the carb on the Hornet, that is the only way to go.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Long periods of riding actually don't bother me man. I'll make sure I have a comfortable seat, comfortable grips, plus stop every couple hours. I'll also be gearing it to do closer to 30-35 ;)

I guess the point I was trying to make is that you aren't going to average 450 miles a day for more than a day...I could be wrong, but I have done some riding, and 16 hours at 60-80 mph still doesn't make for a high average speed when you consider fuel stops, and traffic, even if that all you are factoring in.

The key being average speed. When you run 30 mph for a tank of fuel, say a half gallon, at 100 mpg, that's about an hour and 40 minutes or so, then what happens to your AVERAGE SPEED when you stop for fuel and you are stopped for five minutes? The average speed drops considerably. Your average speed will likely be around 18- or 20 mph. and that would be 20 hours of riding.

Seriously man.

I wish you the most sincere luck, but I am a realist, and I think you will find the results less than 450 miles per day consistently on a motorized bicycle.

Last edited:

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
I understand completely. The goal is to cover each leg of the journey in single shot fashion. Whether or not that happens, no big deal. Plenty of places to stop and sleep for a little while :D

Plan first, deal with whatever happens when it happens lol

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
MY PROBLEM IS STOPPING
everybody has questions which is fine people seem to be mesmerized some think you invented it

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
MY PROBLEM IS STOPPING
everybody has questions which is fine people seem to be mesmerized some think you invented it
Ever had anyone tell you that you ought to get a patent so you could make money selling them? I have had three different people say that. When you tell them its not an origional idea and theres lots of them across the country you get the blank look.
Elmo

Homer

Apr 20, 2009
SW Houston
Ever had anyone tell you that you ought to get a patent so you could make money selling them? I have had three different people say that. When you tell them its not an origional idea and theres lots of them across the country you get the blank look.
Elmo
That's funny, I've had several people tell me the same thing. You want to lose them even more tell them that its a retooled Russian design made in China.
laff

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Ordered a 4 stroke kit today, I'm going to run a long straight pipe on it, that should get some looks. I rode my bike home from work today and only got slight looks. Passed a few of the spandex boys on the bike path and got Sneers, LOL I guess that is a look. I was riding for a long time and could see a fella on a road bike in front of me, he was making good time I was not catching him. I was not trying but moving along pretty good, he finely stopped and it was then I figured he was looking in his mirror and staying ahead of me thinking it was a well tuned human he was competing with. I got a slight look but he was tired. PIC. Me getting the bike ready for some looks. Have fun, Dave

Attachments