How to make some serious bread!

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Yep, looks good!

I got some not too thin sliced black forest ham to go with the mushrooms on another pizza I'll try to get cooked up tomorrow. Actually maybe I would do like the pizzas places do. Start the dough and have it rise for one of the rises in the refrigerator over night. Also after forming the dough not to let it rise, just add the topping and slide it off the peel onto an oven stone that was pre- heated for 15 minutes.

Too thin slices of ham turn to carbon on top and I've not yet thought I would do the Chicago Style (upside down version of pizza).

Or maybe do calzone!

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Hmmmm.....it's been quite a while since I've done a calzone. Maybe next time!

I've got a friend that does his pizza dough in the frig. Very good way to do it if you've got room in the cold box.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I had Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches for dinner, cooked the meat all day with bell peppers and white onions on French bread with jack cheese and a side of onion rings
Em! Em! Good!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I suppose I could deliver it by motor bike if 1.) I could find Off Highway Trails to your parts so I could ride there legally, 2.) there be enough gas stations along the trails, 3.) with 40:1 ratio (fuel hog) you would pay the round trip gas cost;)

MT

Oh yeah, if the pizza is cold or there has been some setting of (or unsettling of contents), no complaints.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Making some mozarella/dill bread as I type......seems like it's been a couple of weeks since I've made any bread. Far too long!

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Home made bread is the best! I make all my bread --- even hamburger and hotdog buns. Why pay the price for bread at the store for substandard fare? I think it only costs me about $0.75 to make 2 loaves of the best stuff on earth.
That looks awesome! I am hungry now thank you very much.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I should have never looked at this thread. That pizza and calzone looks awesome. I like the way the crust looks...I gotta get out of here.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just started a batch of jalapeno cheese bread. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've baked any.......man cannot live on bread alone --- however, it's worth a try every now and again!! :D

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Just started a batch of jalapeno cheese bread. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've baked any.......man cannot live on bread alone --- however, it's worth a try every now and again!! :D
LOL I have one of those bread makers new in the box. I think I might pull it out now. Some jalapeno cheese bread does sound great. BTW even some cracklin' cornbread with jalapenos and cheddar cheese sounds good too.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Amen that man shall not live on bread alone, but if you have a big pot of pinto (red beans) a big chunk of sweet onion and a couple jalapeno peppers and a big glass of good ole southern iced sweet tea you can do pretty good....lol

Dang-it y'all are making me hungry.......!

Map

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
LOL I have one of those bread makers new in the box. I think I might pull it out now. Some jalapeno cheese bread does sound great. BTW even some cracklin' cornbread with jalapenos and cheddar cheese sounds good too.
I hate this thread. ;)
You've got the tools, now just use 'em!!

Simple basic bread recipe....

3 cups bread flour (all purpose will work)
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of breadmachine yeast
2 teaspoons of softened butter

Then whatever spices you want to add.