How to make some serious bread!

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've got some mini lasagnas in the oven as I type.......gonna be some great future eat'n!!

I usually make my pasta, but this time I 'timed' out and used some oven ready noodles. The gravy is home made, though!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Do you deliver those Pizza's on yer M/B ? and why did you have to post pic's of the pizza? I've been jones'n now for the last couple of days for a good Pizza and Memories of the best Pizza I had ever had.
The best Pizza I ever had was made by a fellow who came from India landed a job in to New York as a teen ager at a pizzeria, 30 yrs. later bought a die'ing little fast food shack and within a period of 6 month's you literally had to stand in line up to 30 mins just to get in and order another 30 min to get it with no where to sit you waited outside under an awning for your # to be called, Man! was it ever worth the wait and sometimes we'd order a couple for the freezer, that fellow died about 5 Yrs. ago and I have never had any better a piece of pizza since and about a year ago I drove by the place and building was barely standing it was in such Disrepair.
Yer Pizza brought back some memories as well as an unquenched taste for some good pie.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Best pizza that I had while living in Cali was the wood-fired pizza from the Claim Jumper ----muy bueno!!!

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Maybe we should have a nation wide M/B meet like in the off season in Strugis and you guy's can just cook for every one,.

Looks absolutely delicious! MT
and as far as Claim Jumpers we have one down the street I'll have to try it out. I Love! a good Pizza Pie.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I just pitted 3lbs. of cherries for 'future use'. Seems like a cobbler will be happening in the near future....:D

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I just picked 14lbs. of granny green apples off my neighbors tree I planted 8 yrs ago and my wife will make the pie(s) He! He! Yum! Yum! I don't now about sharing pic's they may just get enough time to cool down before they disappear.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Something else that's also good, is a half-pound burger, on homemade bread with 2 slices of provolone, bacon and all then fried like a grilled cheese.

AWW YEAH. :D

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I don't want to hi-jack Toadmund's bread thread to mention about cooking with beer, but I watched an episode of Food Rush on TV. Anyway beer has yeast like some breads. Good taste to drink and cook with!

I was in Seattle at a less classy place for seafood. They put parchment paper on the table and bring a huge bowl of steamed seafood. You eat with your hands, no plates, and the shells build up in a pile in front of you. Nice eh!

I'll have to try this Clams an beer with french bread!

I've brewed at home in the past. So now I'll brew Pilsner beer and use some to cook this recipe below. Even though it is summer in California, I converted an chest freezer with a separate thermostat so I can keep the brewing at a higher than freezer temperature and also higher than refrigerator temperature, but cooler than ambient.

58 F is what is best till it is bottled, then cooler refrigerator temperature to melow.

http://livewellnetwork.com/Food-Rush/recipes/Clams-and-Beer/9064464?pid=9064487

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Feels like I need to make a few loaves this evening.........I've got a beer open......beer bread!!! I'm such a genius!!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Ended up making some beer/chive/dill/parmesan bread in french loaf style....it's on the final rise now.