How old?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by KAA, May 14, 2011.

1. KAA

KAA New Member

Just wondering how old most of the people are thats into this madness? I'm 57 and looking at my first build.brnot

2. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

I'm 43, but this isn't the first time I've bolted an engine onto something. Just the first time I built a "Motorized Bicycle". When I was a kid I had a hand made go cart with a lawn mower engine that I kept transferring to other things or a newer better go cart. I grew up, into my teens, putting one kind of motor into another kind of thing, or putting a motor on something that didn't originally have one, or putting a motor where it didn't belong and finding out why, or building a motor, or you name it.

3. highlander9

highlander9 New Member

24, but i should have started when I was younger.

4. dan+1

dan+1 New Member

44 and looking at 14 agian.

5. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

6. Tom Bartlett

Tom Bartlett New Member

72 and working on 15. Like Dan, I'm growing younger (at least in interest) each year and still having fun in retirement. Like many others, I got started in my teens when my brothers and I re-built motorscooters and motorbikes for basic transportation. The thrill of riding a powered bike or scooter that you had assembled yourself was unmatched, and still is a blast.

7. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Well-Known Member

I'll be 65 this year.

When I get old, I'll build a tricked-out motorized trike.xct2

8. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger New Member

I ain't sayin but I can remember how excited I was when we got a telephone that you could dial instead of having to tell the operator what number you wanted.

9. dag_29307

dag_29307 New Member

Well I'm 40 in November. But my MB's give me that Peter Pan effect. So I feel MUCH younger.:D

10. The_Aleman

The_Aleman New Member

I turned 35 last month. Built my first MaB just before I turned 30.

Some say it's all downhill after 30. I agree, sure is easy to go fast now :D

11. KAA

KAA New Member

Thanks for the replys. Sorry Barelyawake, I could not find anything on here that had been posted about age. But I'm not good at this computer search thing. I've reworked alot of bikes when I was younger. But not with a motor. Did the motorcycle thing,go karts, cars, but wanting to do something different. Would like to build a 4 stroker board tracker to ride to work. Really seen some awesome work on here.

12. spacey

spacey New Member

57, but I've wanted to build one since I was 8 yr. old and Larry Vince , the "big kid," came up the alley throwing gravel on his Whizzer .

13. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

68 next month. I built my first bike in '57 and the 2nd one a year later. I plan on this one I'm doing on a Felt frame to be my next to last one. I want to use Helmutt's cruiser on my last one.

14. Skarrd

Skarrd Member

21, built mine few months before i turned 21. hoping to keep this one for a long time. even looking into building a chopper bike (debating 2 or 4 stroke right now)

15. walander

walander New Member

Just turned the big 28 a few weeks ago

16. azbill

azbill Active Member

51 as of may 9th,,,
    but, my daughter says I act like one of her kids !!! ;) laff

17. Buzzard

Buzzard Member

74 and still going strong. I can remember when everything was either on or off with a switch.
    buzzard

18. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

I was born the year after the most notorious unsolved murder in L.A., so it wasn't me. Besides I was born in Texas.

19. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

57 I-sure-don't-want-to fall-again- years old.

I was watching the re-run of the Giro d'Italia stage where that Belgian rider crashed and died this week- and I noticed that American peter Stetina also fell on the descent about the same time-

I think his father is Wayne Stetina- a racing friend of mine from Indianapolis who won many Road titles back in the '70's. i started getting beat by him regularly when I was 18.

Crashes are nothing to take lightly- a helmet has literally saved my own life I'm certain, when I crashed into the front of a Chevy head on while traveling about 60.

Our bikes travel at a speed cabable of sustaining really bad head or spinal injuries-
    so please, where a cycling helmet at least.

20. socialdistortionkid

socialdistortionkid New Member

15 and currently working on installing it on a beach cruiser