How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Sorry, but I call BS on the 60 mph claim as well......
I call BS on any 50mph and most of the 40mph regarding stock HTs.

It's easy to run around with uncalibrated speedos or WAGs and kid yourself with the result. And even easier to just just type in baloney numbers on a PC keyboard.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I have been pulled over on my mountain bike doing 45 before in a 15 school zone! But that was down a steep hill pedaling like ****..

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I have been pulled over on my mountain bike doing 45 before in a 15 school zone! But that was down a steep hill pedaling like ****..
Yes. I've hit 47mph downhill w/o pedaling or motor. As far as HTs we need to talk about stock kit on level ground with reliable speed measurement. Or state otherwise. Who knows what conditions or hop-ups most of these speed jokers are making claims on. Then there's guys who just make stuff up.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Just to make it clear... A bone stock HT will go around 25 MPH, A well tuned & mild modified HT with a 44T sprocket can go around 35+ MPH... But you really need a smaller rear sprocket to hit the 40+ mark!

motovation man

Jun 26, 2009
san miguel
I have been building bikes now for a few years. a mecanic of at least 20 I tryed to put both of my own personal choppers for you all to see but hey truth is in the seeing I have a following of bike people that service and supply with bikes that go 40 -48.50 mph not just my claim I built these bikes to solve the problem of how fast to go you do not have to "bite" final drive does not matter when you hit 55 in sixth... honestly I sell dirtbikes too.. a branson 50cc semi could take those chinese motors quickly. there are other alternatives out there how about the watercooled polini. take off the blinders people just because you have a 100 doller kit doesnt lay claim to the speed record. even the so called black knight is just a higher compression 6000 rpm motor. trust me inside they are the same just the mesurments are slightly different. have you ever put a mikuni carb on your bike? well the motor on mine has one how about reeds I know yours doesn't. there are 1001 ways to skin a cat

Last edited:

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I remember my Honda super 90 was hard to keep from doing wheelies with the big sprocket and about 85mph with the smaller one. My 150, 160s, and 175s would go about 10mph faster.

I think a 44t HT can do 40 but will sustain permanent damage like most of the bikes in the DeathRace did.

motovation man

Jun 26, 2009
san miguel
Milled, Ported, And Opened With A 36 Tooth With 26inch Rims 60 Psi Bontragers Street Mikuni Carb On A Walmart Bike Gets You To 45mph Add Racing Fuel Gets 48.50 With 35:1 Mix No Doubt
MY BIKES PEADAL THE LAW IS 30MPH AND THE BIKE HAS TO BE AUTO SO ANYONE WHO HAS POWER ON GEARS IS NOT LEGAL BUT THEY ARE NOT MOTORCYCLES . JUST TRYING TO ENLIGHTEN PEOPLE TO LOOK FURTHER THAN JUST ONE DESIGN. i HAVE TO SPEND SOME TIME ON MY PICTURES THEY ARE TOO LARGE TO UPLOAD SHAKA

Last edited:

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I love it when you people reply that you don't believe my claims of going 49.7 on the flat and believing it will go faster. Tells me I really hit the nail on the head when I put this one together!

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Not Necessarily.......
My bike can take it.

I have someone who is a confident engine builder
reworking an HT with porting , advanced timing, re-welding the head,
and adding a squish band. This 69cc motor will rev over 8000rpm
With my gear ratio, I am confident I will see the honest 50's.

Helmet On of course. =-]'

if you wanna go 50...get a motorcycle
a bicycle frame and it's components are not designed for that kinda stress (uness it costs uber $$$)

...and NO...I don't believe these claims either !!!

Attachments

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I'd be afraid to take my bike much over 35, which is about where it tops out. My mountain bike is an expensive bike that is built to withstand such speeds and abuse, but my MB really isn't. Besides, I can't stop thinking of what would happen if my front tire blew going 50 :O

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Milled, Ported, And Opened With A 36 Tooth With 26inch Rims 60 Psi Bontragers Street Mikuni Carb On A Walmart Bike Gets You To 45mph Add Racing Fuel Gets 48.50 With 35:1 Mix No Doubt
MY BIKES PEADAL THE LAW IS 30MPH AND THE BIKE HAS TO BE AUTO SO ANYONE WHO HAS POWER ON GEARS IS NOT LEGAL BUT THEY ARE NOT MOTORCYCLES . JUST TRYING TO ENLIGHTEN PEOPLE TO LOOK FURTHER THAN JUST ONE DESIGN. i HAVE TO SPEND SOME TIME ON MY PICTURES THEY ARE TOO LARGE TO UPLOAD SHAKA
Very confusing what does the CAPITALS type mean? contradicting yourself throughout your posts.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Hey,
This is not a pissin' match.
Chill out. It's a place to share info and
give input. This thread may lay claim to
some Bull Puckey, but that doesn't mean go
attack someone's every word and chastise them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.