how far have you rode your motorized bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
Recently i just took a 36 mile ride for moreno valley to rubidoux in the inland empire.The sign that tell you the speed clockd me going 45mph with a stock motor it was crazy fast (I was going down hill).By the time i got home my arms were killing me since i have 25inch amp hangers.So how far have others of you gone......curious.xct2

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada
Re: how far have you rode your mb?

I rode mine on a 571 mile round trip for five days straight covering 124 to 125 miles per day and 12 to 14 hours on the saddle per day. Went from Sudbury to bayfield and back to Sudbury again. Did that on my ezm touring special last summer.

xct2 cflg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

The Denver Area Riders (DAR) regularly do 60 to 70 mile cruises during the Spring, Summer and Fall seasons. My neighbor and I do 25 to 30 mile rides almost weekly, weather permitting.

Tom

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval

That's insane.I kno when i drove mine my ass was numb from the vibrations.I wonder if there's hard core riders in the i.e. and oc area.I recently got 2 of my friends into it we havent rode that far as a crew yet.Do you guys usally carry tools with you or extra gas in a back pack?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

That's insane.I kno when i drove mine my ass was numb from the vibrations.I wonder if there's hard core riders in the i.e. and oc area.I recently got 2 of my friends into it we havent rode that far as a crew yet.Do you guys usally carry tools with you or extra gas in a back pack?
All of the Denver guys are experienced builders and their bikes are reliable. We've had good luck and only a couple of minor problems; flat tire and a chain derailment issue with a shift kit. Some carry extra fuel and some of us use big fuel tanks. We do carry a few tools and even a tow rope, just in case.

Day long rides with rest stops and usually a long lunch are the norm. We ride in the city and out in the boonies. Most always paved surfaces. If you get a few guys together long rides can be a lot of fun.

Good luck.

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I've done some 50 mile round trip commutes to work. It took a while because I had to go through close to fifty traffic lights.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

Well Ive gone 20 miles on my first build,,as long as I keep it under the vibrating RPM I can cruise at 23 MPH all day long,,the exhaust nuts came loose and sprayed 16:1 all over my head..lol,and when I got home the head bolts needed a little snuggin,,but heck,,Im having more fun on this bike than my Honda VTX 1800,,lol,,my feet where all tingling after that ride,,i even conquered 2 large hills 13% grade 3/4 mile with no sweat!

Now when I go out I bring my 10mm,flat head,and adjustable along just in case,,dont want to destroy another exhaust gasket.

Last edited:

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

40 miles on a China Lady. Don't think I would want to risk much further than that with that motor...
LOL...It can be done as long as the builder did a good job and you take it easy.
I plan on doing a 50 mile ride on one before Summer end,,and may i add on a wal-mart bike as well...lol..really eying up one of those genesis mountain 29 ers by Kent...

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval

That looks like a nice scotto.I should go out there to ride with you guys sometime.

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval

jersey, I have a 29er but the cruiser its kinda slow i swapped out the wheels n tires for 26ers it was way faster, but i missed the big boy look and put them back on......good stuff.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

those DAR rides are long compared to my initial rides . on a new build or if im trying something new i try to keep the trip close for awhile .

my longest ride was a two day trip with a freind from the springs to pueblo with all the detours round trip was around 230 . this summer were planing a 400 mile 6 day ride. .

for or long trips we will take a trailer each just like last time spare tire bike pump extra tools and some odds and ends that are true agh why didnt i bring that stuff .

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

jersey, I have a 29er but the cruiser its kinda slow i swapped out the wheels n tires for 26ers it was way faster, but i missed the big boy look and put them back on......good stuff.
Good to know,,
Will a bigger sprocket in the back help out a little?,,Im not looking to go fast,,as long as I can go uphills and dont have to pedal,, 20-25 mph is fine,,I wont run WOT unless my R's are down and Im pulling a grade,,want the china girl to last a little while.Im sure with those big wheels it will take alot more peddaling to match the road speed to the engine for start out,,the 66cc should have more than enough power to push it at higher speeds due to the higher gear ratio of the wheels.

Sorry no derail meant here back to the thread...

Tom :)

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN

took a trip with my son a few years ago. Osceola Indiana to Oklahoma City down route 66 about 1000 miles. We are hoping to ride the entirety of route 66. Its a long trip and alot to prepare for.

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.

I'm in the IE. I have riddin all the way to
Huntington Beach ( 80ish miles) befor.
Hit me up I ride all the time...

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

Ive done about 190 miles in one day...2full gallons of gas in one day...i slept for 11 hours after that trip...no failures during the ride...woke up to a flat front tire the next morning...and the majority of that trip I did about 27mph average...