Hey Hey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ras, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Ras

Ras New Member

Hey this is Rich--Posting is new for me though I've looked at the site before for info etc....I've wanted a M/B since I was a kid and my wife liked the idea for a while and her dad built her one. Well, I've been maintaining it for about two years, already had my own ideas and so I did something about it. Hence you get my rig thats shown in my user photos, which I just ... well, over the last 2 years built from parts acquired from all over the place--though the motor was bought locally from a kid who had the chain pop and gave up after first ride....Broken in yet? doubtful, By the way, can you tell with some kind of a test?.... Just started it for the first time yesterday and seems pretty good - minus some refinement and tuning. Went with #41 chain after a failed attempt at 415H....didn't want to change the drive sprocket area to fit. So I have a spare 415H lying here somewhere if anyone wants it or some of the other odds and ends I have =) Had to cut the fender for the chain.... Looking into getting some headlight action....maybe a tank....meh, more later....

2. Powertool

Powertool Member

nice old bike , ride safely.

3. waldo11

waldo11 New Member

Welcome to the family,it will quickly become an obsession as it has with most of us.ride safe and good luck

4. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Ras, glad you joined us.

Nice looking ride (^)

I like the color of the fenders, reminds of my Grandfathers 61 F-150 when me and my Dad painted it for him that color.

5. Ras

Ras New Member

Well, gotta say the blue was luck of the draw and started with a pair of blue pedals i later gave up on. They came up for sale -- they are a monark fender - and I thought they would fit the frame and I liked em'....so here they are...decent shape except I had to cut the other side for drive train....got a monark rear reflector on the rear fender too (small type)...Thanks again!

6. bill2781

bill2781 Member

welcome to the forums Ras

7. paul

paul Active Member

welcome to our world of motorized bicycles, great to have you with us

8. Ras

Ras New Member

Thanks everyone!!

9. Tang

Tang New Member

Welcome Ras. Nice ride.