Help with finding some 24" wheels please

GoldenMotor.com

fozworth

Feb 16, 2014
UNITED KINGDOM
I'm building my first motor bicycle sort of retro classic style.Im using a phantom (felt style) tank frame with Monark 2 springer forks ,aged brooks springer saddle etc. But I am having trouble finding the wheels I'm after . I kinda fancy some 24" 5.0mm wide rims pref black or gold as I wanted to use the thick brick tyres and don't think I'd get away with 26" rims. Can anyone recommend some suppliers .i live in the UK so don't want to pay silly $
Any help would great as I'm not finding anything in the uk

fozworth

Feb 16, 2014
UNITED KINGDOM
Recon I'm going to try n find where I can get either a 24" or 26" felt large front flange hub wheel set with rear coaster in black . Must be some deals somewhere

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
With the right spokes, any hub fits any rim. Building your own is almost always cheaper as custom ordered rims are pricey compared to personal labor.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I bought in USA and am waiting for shipment from Amazon 26 inch front wheel and it was quite economical for only $37.88 USD.

Here I tried Amazon.co.uk and did a search there for wheels listed for front and rear. Maybe also see if there are sets at savings too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...e+wheel&ie=UTF8&qid=1393301793&rnid=319530011

Measure Twice

PS

I also was not aware of what are called disc wheels, do they not have the area of the rim for regular brake shoe pads? Be sure to avoid those if this is so and you do not want disc brakes as then the rim would not work.

Last edited: