Hello from Prof Bliffle in Nor Cal

GoldenMotor.com

Bliffle

Dec 25, 2019
I've been a lifelong cyclist but I'm 82 now so I have to adjust. I returned my trusty Steel Road bike to it's maker after 40 years of flawless service. It was the product of 20 years of study and applied engineering on my part. So now I must motorize, and solve some other problems. For example, some virus ruined my hearing as well as my inner ear balance sensor. I'm weak from old age and a couple mild cardiac events. I need a mild form of exercise to retain and bolster my cardio-vascular system for longevity.

I tried an electric bicycle and it was stolen before I could lose balance and crash fatally. I tried an electric moped and fell over a couple times, so I gave it away.

I have no interest in a gas powered vehicle.

After several months of study I've decided on an Electric Recumbent Trike (tadpole). Of course, I've never actually ridden one but the theoretics line up good. I have ridden several recumbent exercise bikes at the gyms and like the feeling.

We have lots of sunshine for solar recharging around here, and generally fine weather.

I hope to be able buy a unit off the shelf but I'm prepared to commission a complete build if necessary.

That's where I am now. I'll expand and develop more in the electric forums.

B.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I haven't built an electric bike but a lot of people here have. If you have questions just ask, I'm sure someone will answer.