helio bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
has anyone ordered from them?

I need to buy a new 66cc engine but i dont wanna buy a cheap motor that'll crap out on me 5 miles in you know.

If anyone can give me some reviews on them that would be great or can suggest where i can get a 66cc motor that will last me let me know cause i gotta get back out on the road.

or if i can get someone from helio to give me some specs on the motor they got in stock that would be great

thanks

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
Fortunately they cut off the frame before it was going to go through the air filter!

Interesting how they cut off the stock muffler and have a lock collar to attach the tuned pipe. Same crappy clutch bucking bar. Probably the stock drive chain tensioner. Looks like they tapped a fitting into the otherwise stock inlet tube to add the boost bottle. 5-6 HP from that Chinese junk engine won't last too long IMO. Still, I hope we see more suppliers of upgraded kits because this kit clearly is quite a bit more than the stock kit.

I've given up on China Girl for now and changed the bike over to Staton friction drive with Mitsubishi power. It really is a lot more fun to be riding a quiet reliable steed with low vibration rather than always fixing stuff that breaks.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
that jn motor looks like a beast very heavy in mods and upgrades .....still need more infor before i put any money into this next build

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
im not a big fan of friction drive i dont like have to buy new tires

I hear you. Adding a gearbox or jackshaft plus chain final drive, or the Gebe contraption, takes care of that, but then it's extra cost and weight and more things to break. It's good to have choices. I have a long term project to build a bike with the HF 2.5HP 4 stroke plus primary belt reduction (ShellyBelly Whisper Drive) to chain drive. Got all the parts, but I'd rather be riding what I have than building new. My son might build it for a high school project.

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
jackshaft is a good idea but a straight chain to sprocket with the right gearing works fine for me

China Girl has a built in gearbox. Using common rear mount engines (Robin, Honda, Mitsubishi, Dax Titan, GT50R, ...) and no additional gearbox or jackshaft, you'd need about a 180 tooth rear sprocket. There needs to be about a 4:1 reduction between crank and final drive to use the common 44 tooth rear sprocket. I think China Girl has a 4.1:1 reduction gearbox (20 tooth and 82 tooth gears). Using a China Girl as a rear mount chain drive is possible, but at the end of the day, it's still a crappy China Girl. For me the attraction of rear mount is, in part, to use a superior engine.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
well you could always build a belt to sprocket kit like on go karts
it would be better quality and probably cheaper

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
well you could always build a belt to sprocket kit like on go karts
it would be better quality and probably cheaper

Thatsdax sells a 5:1 reduction gearbox for rear mount use, and bikemotorparts (suspended, supposed to be opening again under new ownership) has a chain or belt jackshaft reduction for their rear mount, plus others. There are options already for rear mount chain drive, and there's a good chance my son will build one around the Harbor Freight 2.5HP engine.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time doing business with a company that can't do the simple research on how to properly spell common terminology:

'peddling'
'dual break lever'
'NJK spark plug'

awdnut

Sep 10, 2011
SoCal
has anyone ordered from them?

I need to buy a new 66cc engine but i dont wanna buy a cheap motor that'll crap out on me 5 miles in you know.

If anyone can give me some reviews on them that would be great or can suggest where i can get a 66cc motor that will last me let me know cause i gotta get back out on the road.

or if i can get someone from helio to give me some specs on the motor they got in stock that would be great

thanks
I ordered and paid more than $1000 for a complete 4 stroke Heliobike from Kyle and got a very bad experience.

December 2010 I ordered a motorized bike (paid extra for assembled and tested option) for my daughter X'mas present

1. Delivery was later than promised by one week
2. When delivered the bike was not even assembled (and I am talking bottom bracket not even installed not to mention the other parts
3. Since time was tight, I simply took it to my LBS to have it assembled to only to found out that the frame was bent (rear triangle bent). Later found out that it was not because of delivery but due to manufacturing defect. Still it meant that the bike was never assembled and/or tested before shipped (and I paid extra for the assembled and tested option).

4. Heliobike does not want to take the defective item back for return but fortunately I paid using Paypal and Paypal got me to return the defective item and got my money back (after 6-8 weeks)

Be careful dealing with this supplier, Heliobike (Kyle)

Jan 13, 2011
WEST MIFFLIN PA
I ordered a 48cc top end rebuild from them and after a week I had no shipping info.
I e-mailed him and after another week...no reply.
So, I opened a dispute w pay pal and after another week he replies order recived last week he'll get me shipping info. tomorrow. (3 weeks and counting)
I'm just laying out my experience.
I'll keep you updated on progress.
9/19/2011 06:51 PDT
After making purchase I imediately recieved my reciepts from you and paypal but no shipping confirmation.

After a week and a day I sent you a e-mail.

It's now two weeks and still no shipment confirmation or product.

Could you please confirm status of shipping or cancel order and return amt. + shipping.

From Seller - Kyle Craw
9/24/2011 11:08 PDT
The order was placed a week ago. Tomorrow we will follow up and make sure that it was shipped and get the tracking Information. Thanks

Kyle

From Buyer - paul yo
9/25/2011 17:03 PDT
Wow, it's only been three weeks since I placed the order. I would prefer to have a notification if there was a delay. Doesn't seem too cool to leave me hanging till I dispute charge.

From Buyer - paul yo
9/27/2011 07:43 PDT
Any updates?

From Buyer - paul yo
10/1/2011 18:47 PDT
I got your shipping info today. I picture you swamped with orders and surrounded with merchandise pulling your hair out trying to organize. You should be so lucky. We'll never know cause theres no communication. Four (4) work weeks have passed since you charged my credit card.

I thought UPS was shipping not USPS but I've been wrong before (shrug)

From Buyer - paul yo
10/1/2011 19:04 PDT
O>K your website now shows item as "partially shipped" Fed Ex Ground. Wish me luck.

Good luck Kyle
Still giving you benefiet of the doubt.

Well I got my Top End today USPS. Looks O.K. Only took a strait month with lots of doubt, I give them (Helio/Kyle Craw) about a 5/10 rating.

Last edited:

The Mitigator

Nov 12, 2011
Maryland
I am looking for a motorized mountain bike. I did look at the Helio Super Bike
4 stroke. Sounds like they maybe having some problems, any suggestions as to where to buy one?

Jan 13, 2011
WEST MIFFLIN PA
You see I eventually got my cylinder kit, and it looks good. Theres more "meat" to the mounting surfaces of intake and exhaust. The stud spacing is way different though (wide) with a BIG rectangular intake. So I havent made time to make a manifold to take advantage of this. Orig. and first build was a Grubee Skyhawk 2010 CNS 48cc.

Try contacting Kyle and see if he can convince you of temp. setbacks.

SUPERMAN 36

May 24, 2012
IDAHO
.duh..duh..duh.I got ripped off by helio bikes too.. Too bad for him though ,,i am a deputy sheriff and i can make life **** for him..stealing money through the mail is a federal offense,,,boy you better send my stuff or else