Happy Travels

GoldenMotor.com

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
It's just frustrating : it doesn't stop to rain, we can't do a thing outside of my appartment. i think it's the worst summer the last 20 years....
So Happy and me started to restore an old lady's bike, an NSU from the 1950's.
My first thougt was to repaint it completly, but Happy said " don't do this, there is a very nice patina, keep it alive !"
What should i say, he's right ! after cleaning it from dust and dirt i've found a nice base to preserve it.
to be continued...

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
For all his faults, drunkard, workin' girl monger, can't hold a job....

Where was I going with this?
He does love the classics and is a good egg.
Actually he is the son of an egg on his Mother's side. His Poppa was a rolling stone. Where ever he laid his head, was his home.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Dan,

i dunno whats going on, Happy shows me his best sides, except the morning as i caught him by killing my last sixpack...laff

Last edited:

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Holidays are gone, back to work. And Happy ? Happy is helping me restore that NSU bike.
He spoked in the rims with new chrome spokes, then he has repaint the outer edges of the rims new. Rest of time he makes a god couch potatoe LOL
Well done, buddy ! for that, he's got a fresh and cooooool Paulaner, cheers Happy !
Tomorrow i'll show him my workplace on the german highways, ...and a lot of speeding dumbasses laff

Attachments

Last edited:

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Sad to hear that Dan,

but i'm sure you'll find another idyllic looking destination like this one !

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hope he hasn't been stopped by the TSA getting home from Germany. He'll probably end up in Cuba. Homeland Security wouldn't be too tolerant of the little guy, me thinks.
Anyone hear from Thomas (Zman) ?
Happy should be on a plane headed home by now.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Spoke (email/pm'ed) to Zman a week or 2 ago. Happy is on his way back to me.

From here, he goes to Paul for an all expenses paid Caribbean vacation. 14 days and 12 nights of fun in the sun, except for when it's dark.

Tell them what else he's won Johnny!?

Well dan, Happy will receive not only airfare & accommodations, Happy will also enjoy native rum, motor bicycle rides on the beach and being molested by over weight, underpaid and poorly educated air port security guards!

All courtesy of Motorbicycling.com and your local mental health dept.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Sorry,

that you didn't hear from me the last time, but i was very busy. My father got sick and i need to take care of him for a while, also my job is very stressful at this time.
When i'm coming home late at evening, after bathing and eating i've no pleasure for anything to do except drinking a cold beer and fall into my bed...

At next:

i must apologize to Happy, this was a very bad season and a horrible summer for us people in schleswig-holstein ( northern germany ). Since Happys arriving is it continuously raining every day more or less ( mostly more ) . I've had so many plans to do things with Happy, but we've had no chance to get dry days where i'm not working. I wanted so much to make a trip along the nord-ostsee kanal or visit with Happy the sailing parade at the kieler woche. So i hope that Happy has a nice and superb autumn in his native country. Happy's coming back !!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Happy's twin brother, Happy One, went on a ride with the Denver Area Riders yesterday. He had a great time with eight bikers on a 60+ mile cruise. We saw this sign and couldn't resist the chance to get a photo then we continued on and stopped at a pretty clearing next to a pond with the bikes all in a row.
We had lunch then hit the trails again. He was tired when we got home, didn't even want a beer but he's rested today and wanted me to post these photos.
He's worried about his twin brother and wants to know where he's at.
Tom

Attachments

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
I've sent Happy back on 9-22-2011 and i got a pn from Dan on 10-14-2011, that Happy's "made it home save and sound". It seems, Dan is a very busy man this time...