Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Nothing hoarder **** to bring forth the tales. It appears Steve, that you will be declared winner.
The old boy also had a vast collection of Wiccan and Witch Craft books.
Been thinking of distributing some in the Little Libraries put up at the local churches. Just for fun. (^)

Tom

Reactions: fasteddy

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
My neighbor gal died a few months back and she was a hoarder extroidenair ! She had her house in another town packed so full she couldn’t even walk in. Plus her garage was full and she was renting 6 big storage units and they were full. She moved to my town to care for her dad after her mom died. Needless to say she packed her folks house and all the out buildings, plus every car and van she and they had. When she died all her siblings were back and just about had heart attacks when they discovered her mess. So far they emptied the 6 storage units so they don’t have to keep paying rent. 3 of the 4 siblings live out of state so it will probably be years before they ever get this cleaned up.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I did it for a living, Tom. I wasn't innocent family victim like you folks are. I plan to go out as much loved family member when they all gather and tales are told, not that SOB that saddled them with a monstrous clean up that they will break down into each part, room by room.

Donating the books to the little libraries is pure genius. They may view it as an evil genius but that's their view of it. Me, I find a world of humour in it.

Steve.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I did it for a living, Tom. I wasn't innocent family victim like you folks are. I plan to go out as much loved family member when they all gather and tales are told, not that SOB that saddled them with a monstrous clean up that they will break down into each part, room by room.

Donating the books to the little libraries is pure genius. They may view it as an evil genius but that's their view of it. Me, I find a world of humour in it.

Steve.
The first five days I turned the air blue, Steve, and I felt better for it. The siblings of the now cremated may have been thinking thoughts. But Swedes are a stoic lot. I'm 3/4 Norwegian and should be the same. But.
I had a Bavarian Grandma that I learned all my cussing from. I expanded on her vocabulary.
This last seven day go round I was running out of epithets, and I found a fresh bottle of Polish plum brandy.

On your approbation Steve, I will carefully select volumes for donation with the best effect in mind.
There are hundreds of volumes.

Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Week plus post op follow up on Right eye cataract removal and replacement.
Perfect vision in the Right eye.
Left eye that had a preexisting abnormality and is slowly coming into focus.
Pity is that cold weather is upon us. The sight of young ladies in varying degrees of undress are soon coming to a seasonal close.

Talked to Bro in Law Mark this afternoon about getting Death Certs from the County. Mona's older brother will be saddled with being executor of younger brothers estate. The biggest impediment has been a lack of a death certificate or multiples as needed.
I took it upon myself to search the county website.
Seems we assumed death certs should have been in the mail. Wrong. One has to go to the County administration office to get Death Certs. $13 per copy.
I had to think back to my Ma's passing. I had to go to the county to get certified certificates issued.

Dealing with a intestate estate is always a problem. I guess I better get a Will or Trust set up ASAP.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My experience with wills, don’t go cheap. Our neighbor died in December of 21 at 64, he and his wife did a on line will for low cost, here we are almost two years later and his wife is still dealing with legal issues. My wife and I got a local lawyer to write ours using legal language to prevent our will needing to go through probate court.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
My experience with wills, don’t go cheap. Our neighbor died in December of 21 at 64, he and his wife did a on line will for low cost, here we are almost two years later and his wife is still dealing with legal issues. My wife and I got a local lawyer to write ours using legal language to prevent our will needing to go through probate court.
Yes! I did that about 10 years ago, and have been slowly getting rid of stuff I will never use anymore..............Curt

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
We still do not have a will or Thrust.
But now something completely different, it is old fort inoculation time again.
Mona and I by appointment got our HD Flu vax and the current Covid-Omicron variant vax.
Weather was perfect. 82F, so no need for major undress to take the shots.

This afternoon I discovered where the Yellow Jacket Wasp nest was, and they sure did come boiling out or buzzing out! (^) Every year it is some place I fail to detect, until there is a full nest.

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
We still do not have a will or Thrust.
But now something completely different, it is old fort inoculation time again.
Mona and I by appointment got our HD Flu vax and the current Covid-Omicron variant vax.
Weather was perfect. 82F, so no need for major undress to take the shots.

This afternoon I discovered where the Yellow Jacket Wasp nest was, and they sure did come boiling out or buzzing out! (^) Every year it is some place I fail to detect, until there is a full nest.

Tom
Flu and Covid both newest vax, yes! But also RSV. A friend has bad cough and found out that he had contracted RSV. I hear for over 60 years of age should get RSV shot.

A extra 3rd shot if you have room on your arms for it. Pneumonia and Shingles also if you think that the above is not enough. Shingles needs two shots with time in between, FYI. Pneumonia one shot for life I was told by the pharmacist.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Been there and done it for Pneu and shingrix. Must have had RSV this Spring. Grand kids had it.
Mona was asymptomatic coming home and we both got it. Kissing is a highly over rated activity.

Been a bit since we had the shingle and pnue. I know they need new loads/boosters.

Tom

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
As the title says getting old is tough, I’ve been having trouble with my right hip for almost a year, it was wore out. I had it replaced Monday morning, they had me walking as soon as I woke up. I had my first therapy yesterday afternoon and that was painful. When my son played high school football the head coach always said “ no pain no gain” , I hope he’s right.

You know what they say better bold and ruthless than old and toothless.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I wear eye glasses, hearing aids, and dentures. If I get to where I need to have a “snap-on” tool , shoot me !!
“snap-on” tool Most of this is taught in schools, I have a couple son's that almost fell for that. Unless you are going full fledge repair, most tools will last the average guy, I have some H/F sockets that I have had a lot of years............Curt