Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
More progress yesterday, I rode a pedal bike up and down the road several times, no problems with my right leg or hip. All of the lower body workouts have helped. I plan to keep doing the workouts as a regular exercise routine. At my age it can’t hurt.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes that is so true, about 10 years ago I was hearting bad, so went to a chiropractor that does retentive therapy. 3 times a week for a while then 2 times. they put me through several exercises to limber this old body, and starched this old body good, that's when I got on my pedal bike and still do everyday I can. Then I got a free tread mill and am going to set it up and use it everyday. Every time I go to shopping, I see so many older people that are hobbling along, and I know it wouldn't have to be if they were to get fit and exercise. It also gives you a better attitude, like a free man when you do..........Curt

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I’m here. I’m in my 30s. My generation is pretty retarded; they need an app for everything whether that is dating and meeting people to do things with, socializing with these strange forms of communication we call Reels which are the video forms of soundbytes. I find myself calling my friends more than they call me. They mostly text. Although my smartphone is extremely useful (typing this reply on it) I’ve been longing for the mid 2000s when everybody used flip phones and actually talked to one another.

I have learned practically everything from old guys. I’ve read this whole forum from the beginning, well maybe not all of it but I’ve read search results from 15 years ago. My generation (millennials) thinks they have it all figured out. But they’re some of the dumbest people ever. With mine and the young generation doing all the rioting in our cities, I’m very worried for the future of this country.

I hope I have the privilege of getting old and finding out. Greg I’ve been reading and praying for you to have a speedy recovery.

Well, said... seems you have a good head on your shoulders so dont ever let the moral rot and decay in this world mess that up for you..

Reactions: fasteddy and Tony01

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It’s been 4 weeks today since the surgery, the incision has healed and my soreness is less everyday. I am able to cross my legs slightly to put on my right sock, that’s a major improvement over before. I don’t know how much outdoor activity I’ll be able to get back to but plan to try just about anything. I know running is off the list, I don’t want to wear out the new joint faster and need a replacement.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Mossy I know you’re trying to be helpful, if you find parts that will help someone start a thread or attach to a thread more suitable, this thread won’t draw a lot of attention.

Reactions: Mossy

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
It’s been 4 weeks today since the surgery, the incision has healed and my soreness is less everyday. I am able to cross my legs slightly to put on my right sock, that’s a major improvement over before. I don’t know how much outdoor activity I’ll be able to get back to but plan to try just about anything. I know running is off the list, I don’t want to wear out the new joint faster and need a replacement.
Man that sounds horrible. My late friend used to say “getting old isn’t all it’s cracked up to be”.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Mossy I know you’re trying to be helpful, if you find parts that will help someone start a thread or attach to a thread more suitable, this thread won’t draw a lot of attention.
I apologize I didn't want to bring all this drama on you... Glad you're getting better every day Greg

Reactions: Greg58

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Guys I’m getting better every day, I’m doing more in the shop, I would do more but this heat is tough. I don’t go to the dr till August 4, hopefully he will release me so I can go back to work. FYI, short term disability is worth the cost, at least for me.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
"The seventies, which they say are easy to get into, but hard to get out of."

Greg, I heard the above at the wake for an old friend who cashed in his chips at 74, in June.
Funny how folks get all philosophical facing death, and your friend came out of the refrigerator right before the show was about to begin. I'll be back over to Ontario, WI on Saturday to see his ashes planted.
Got to be there for his wife and family. Likely to get a bit drunk as my buddy would have done for me.

Tom

Reactions: fasteddy

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It’s funny I didn’t think I would ever reach 16 and get my drivers license, then it was 18 to become an adult. (18 was legal drinking age in Ga at the time, if a guy can die for his country he should be able to drink if he wants to) then time started flying by. My children’s milestones became more important than mine, when our youngest got married and left home 13 years ago I realized where I was in life, old. Our youngest was a defensive lineman in high school, you don’t realize what help you lose when your helper moves out!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I got good news from my doctor, he cleared me to go back to work August 14. He said normally he would like to see a person out for 12 weeks to heal, the 14th will be 8 weeks for me. I’m not bragging nor complaining, I put in a low of hard work to get as strong as I am today. I challenged myself in July, I entered a step challenge through my insurance company, I had to walk at least 7000 steps per day for at least 21 days. I made the goal in 23 days, rain slowed me the other two days. I use my iPhone to record my steps, I wear cargo shorts and keep the phone in one of the lower pockets, it records my steps as I go using the heart monitor.