Gave my bike away...

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Yep, last Friday. Hadn't ridden it in a while and had the opportunity to pass it to someone in need. Who knows, I may build another in the future. I will check the threads from time to time.

It was a good hobby! However, I've recently developed the 'itch' for a new motorcycle. Contemplating a BMW G 310 GS. Owned a lot of motorcycles, just never a BMW!

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Yep, last Friday. Hadn't ridden it in a while and had the opportunity to pass it to someone in need. Who knows, I may build another in the future. I will check the threads from time to time.

It was a good hobby! However, I've recently developed the 'itch' for a new motorcycle. Contemplating a BMW G 310 GS. Owned a lot of motorcycles, just never a BMW!
I'll miss your great posts, but understand hobbies and "movin' on concept" well. I've a friend that rides BMW and has a trike (conversion), adventure bike, his and hers cruisers. In this mix are custom trailers including a pop up camper rigged out for one the cruisers and accessories out the...

He and his wife love the ride and do traveling the U.S.on the BMW's, retired and having fun. Also die hard Sooner's. Hope you enjoy scratching as much as they do!

Rick C.

Reactions: allen standley

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine

I wish you only the best. I too will miss your input. As soon as I can afford the 1971 340 duster, with the 4speed 8 3/4 sure grip rear with the wing and the the sharks tooth grill---I'll probly move on too.

Reactions: indian22

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dang X I didn’t see this till Tuesday morning, if you’re like most of us you’ll want to build another in a little while. These bikes are a good way to relax and slow down and get away from everything for a few minutes.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I wish you only the best. I too will miss your input. As soon as I can afford the 1971 340 duster, with the 4speed 8 3/4 sure grip rear with the wing and the the sharks tooth grill---I'll probly move on too.
I’ve got to get my ‘50 out and rub on it a little this week, there’s a car show this Saturday at the police dept, mine is not a show car but I support the PD when I can.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I’ve got to get my ‘50 out and rub on it a little this week, there’s a car show this Saturday at the police dept, mine is not a show car but I support the PD when I can.
Hobbies needn't be mutually exclusive & I applaud having varied interests as well.

Rick C.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just sold a '72 Ford Ranchero GT with a 429. Had the cold air hood intake, factory dash tach, and factory air. Engine had been built by a local guy that built engines for the Outlaw Sprint Cars. It also got a good home!

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Just sold a '72 Ford Ranchero GT with a 429. Had the cold air hood intake, factory dash tach, and factory air. Engine had been built by a local guy that built engines for the Outlaw Sprint Cars. It also got a good home!
That Boss 429 motor is exceeding rare by itself. I hope you cleaned up on the deal! I know a guy in Lubbock that has a NASCAR spec 427 Ford Side oiler and a Boss 429 stock NHRA drag engine both with just test hours after rebuild...in his garage, but won't sell sadly... dream Shelby Cobra power plants for that kit car that I've always wanted. I do have the Boss 302 engine however that's a fresh rebuild....

I like cars & trucks as well!

Rick C.

Reactions: allen standley

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The BMW G310GS provideS More hp/dollar than any street legal "400cc and under" bike I have seen. The ADV style beak on the front still bugs me so I would lean toward the G310R.