"Game Changer" KTM Water Cooled 5 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
That is a beautiful build, and you should be very proud.
I don't understand why you used the jackshaft, or why you didn't just run a longer shaft to the right side, and put a gear on that side, and run a chain to the original rear sprocket, or maybe down to the front sprocket with some kind of double sprocket/freewheel set-up.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
OK, I just now realized why you used the jackshaft. I went back and stared at your pictures for a while. It's because of the way the motor is centered, and how wide the primary sits.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Yes the jackshaft was a must, also allows me to play with gear ratios.

I crashed the bike about a month ago doing about 50mph at one of the local races, my crazy back brake design failed locking up the wheel. These pictures are the new wheel and hub setup that's going in...should have no issues now.

I see a few people jumping on the big motor fast bikes with bad choice of brakes... #1 on the list for a fast bike is a great brake setup!

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Kinda funny, yesterday I was thinking of the same kind of setup for my new race build with the disc brake on the right side. Is that still about 135mm spacing on that hub?

Looks great Mr. Wolf ;)

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Yes the jackshaft was a must, also allows me to play with gear ratios.

I crashed the bike about a month ago doing about 50mph at one of the local races, my crazy back brake design failed locking up the wheel. These pictures are the new wheel and hub setup that's going in...should have no issues now.

I see a few people jumping on the big motor fast bikes with bad choice of brakes... #1 on the list for a fast bike is a great brake setup!
OK; so what part failed, or caused the failure? Was it that tall stack of washers on the front of the caliper?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Honestly?
Using a coaster brake hub on a bike of this power is like using Autozone flame stickers on your new Bugatti Veyron.
I don't care how cool the brake arm is.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
It was an off the wall design when building this bike, the idea was to make this disk setup with a hub adapter. It worked great when used as designed, the issue was the speed runs down the straight away at the race track and trying to slow down before the turn at the end. Was laying into the coaster too and it overheated and locked up. Live and learn... Sure is a fun ride tho...

Got this one off the build list... Wait until you see the next two that are in the works...

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A couple updated pictures of the new rear wheel setup... Called "break the bank back wheel" felt 50mm wide rim and all the best added to it. Lots of custom parts to make it work right. Polished all the aluminum parts. I tend to get carried away sometimes... OCD

Attachments