First build in the works by Taylar "The Flying Scotsman"

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK I gotta figure out how to post pictures So bear with me. First pict is NOT the bike but the theme and colors of my soon to be ride. Not based on a vintage make or mark. Dan at Taylar is building me this. A BTR with a TORPEDO tank and real brass straps!! No strech but hes cutting the downpipe and adding in a drooped loop front section along with one of his nifty motor mounts as seen on the "Blue Tracker" :D I have handle bars from Sportscarpat Im waiting on one of his hub adapters ( delayed for a larger sproket ) and a set of his Monark springer forks when they are available again. Though: Dan seems so skilled as a fabricator Im wondering if I should ask him if he can do a leaf spring springer like on the El Dissaperoed Halycon bikes ( Anybody know what happened to that guy?? Think his name was Chuck ) Dan is also going to do a tool box/oil tank and he's trying to work out how to do the fold down and around stand. WEEE!! Gonna have a 66cc and a pipe! .wee.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks guys! Just emailed Dan. I think Im gonna go whole hog and get the leaf spring springer fork! I figure if Im gonna do it I might as well do it real good :) Got my saddle coming ( going to need a LOT of cleanup ) vintage brooks b 33 bicycle seat - eBay (item 180696149063 end time Jul-21-11 20:11:24 PDT) AND a Royal Enfield glass bowl filter Classic Glass Bowl Fuel Filter Royal Enfield - Vintage | eBay AND a Triumph brass petcock !!! PRE 1962 FUEL TANK TAP VALVE PETCOCK # 82-3057 TRIUMPH | eBay

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Velodrome, if you are going to do it right, id suggest not buying the royal enfield glass bowl. I bought one and while they look good enough on the net they only have plastic ends. And if you are doing it right im guessing you want copper fuel line and these glass filters are plastic and dont have threaded ends.

You may already know this, i was just letting u know incase you dont.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah i was quite dissapointed too with mine, doubt it will even get used.

As far as finding another, id suggest trying to find a secondhand aged one, at least thats what id do, maybe someone else has a better idea. Its not the best picture, but heres a secondhand one i found on EBay, but its quite large and only any good if you have enough room to fit it.....

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You could try and find one off a cubcadet garden tractor. Nice small and threaded will except standard brass fittings..............Curt

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
This looks old and funky enough. Vintage Fuel Filter Glass Sediment Bowl Durex Dayton OH | eBay Trouble is none of these have everything I want in a single package. I love the Cub Cadet ones with the fuel shutoff but they dont filter. This one filters but no fuel shutoff :( The Cub actually looks like it could do double duity as a petcock. Mabey their is a way to modify the Royal Enfield to work with copper tubing.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yes you can use your Royal Enfield with copper fuel line. You will just need a little hose and some clamps, but certainly not the neatest or best way to fo it.

Plus if you are doing this right plastic has no place being on ur bike :)

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This looks old and funky enough. Vintage Fuel Filter Glass Sediment Bowl Durex Dayton OH | eBay Trouble is none of these have everything I want in a single package. I love the Cub Cadet ones with the fuel shutoff but they dont filter. This one filters but no fuel shutoff :( The Cub actually looks like it could do double duity as a petcock. Mabey their is a way to modify the Royal Enfield to work with copper tubing.
Don't realy need a filter all the junk setales in the bottom of the bulb.
Or if you need you could get a small brass filter Fram makes and hold it in place with a small spring like the Enfield..............Curt

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hopefully this works... HA!! IT WORKED!!! Heres what Dan at Taylar has been cooking up for my bike. Tool box / oil tank stash for stuff! Lock and key included ( Ummm...brass. Ummm...) My Saddle arrived today and BOY! Is it skruffy! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180696149063&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT Gonna take a gallon of saddle soap and some Brooks Proofide along with a tooth brush and WD40 on the springs to get all the barn find crap off of it: but it sure looks the part for what I want to do.

Attachments

Last edited: