finally building a BTR inspired motobike

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Radio controlled gas engine cars web site? if you got the plumbers fitting type cupler you could twist a piece of either aluminum or copper line down wards, that would look cool as well as suite you're purpose as a pressure equalizer.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Nah I'm not talking about the fuel level monitor, some one had a fuel line come out of the cap for ventilation, I'll try to find a pic. A small air filter would look good, any idea where I can get a tiny 1?
I've seen what you're talking about, I've seen internal lines that follow the seat tube and exit below the bottom bracket via a copper fuel line. I also really like that look....... I'm really liking this build so far. Very cool with many handmade parts by the owner, just how I like em.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
how does it connect to the cap; does it connect to the cap?

here are some more progress pics:

had to fill that hole that was left over from the seat post:

had to repaint the clutch cover and the bottom bracket adaptors:

and heres an overall pic with some parts on the side:

Last edited:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Got a pair of monark 2's from a member here, hopefully they'll get here by the end of the week

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
got the fork today, but I was sadly disappointed. the seller described them as "brand new and only installed once but never used" but they were used, in fact they were broken... the neck is bent back from the arms (possible crash?) and the seller tried to salvage them by trying to straighten it out by hammer the neck...
heres the pic:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dammnnnn! dude I'm sorry for you (seriously!) that dude screwed you, looking at the pic looks like the forks are bent too, definitely been crashed, try to get yer $$ back, maybe ? can you salvage the front springer and design something for another fork,maybe a set if fixie forks could do it, their straight like the monark.
You said another member of this forum sold them too you, I'd post his lie'ing, caniving,butt, You ain't right who ever you are.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
They can be strieghtend and saved if you want. All you need to do is find a piece of cold rool that will fit in the top. Then a small boddel jack and some wood block set it on and puch on the high spot a little at a time. You can jack againset the garage door header if you need some suprot,or find someone with a press...........Curt

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Anything can be fixed, but do you really want to use a fork on a motorized bike that has been salvaged?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
On that it wouldn't make to much differance because the springs will take up the shock. I bent my on a Monark twin years ago(jack nifed in soft sand) presed it strieght again and ran it for a long time before selling............Curt

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
You having any luck retrieving your hard earned $$$ from that bum deal ? sure would like to some progress pic's.
nope, Mahlus is refusing to issue a refund so paypal is investigating. I have the whole bike disassembled and painted. just waiting on the forks and pedals. other than that everything is pretty much done.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Rest assured it will come back to him and he won't wonder why? I have had some good dealings with members on this forum, some have even sent stuff to me free of cost and it's always a pleasure to return it or pay it forward if I can, everyone fallowing your thread feels yer pain.

Don't be discouraged your next deal will be twice as sweet!

Last edited:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
some more update pics:

still working on painting the gas tank, I must have had 1o coats on it by now by the paint just doesn't sit right so I keep sending it down and repainting

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Try a light sand paper for color sanding, then clear coat & buff, everything looks beautiful, when yer done yer go'n have a nice bike! I just hope yer not using a kit rear sprocket with squash adaptor.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
noway lol, I spent half a day customizing the adaptor to make it fit:

PS thanks for the pm, i will try to get my fork situation resolved and then give Dan a call

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Very nice! how many teeth? Dan ain't going no where so when yer ready give him a Jingle, but while yer waiting to resolve yer issues keep a lookout for the forks on Ebay and remember the forks have to be 2 7/8" -3" wide at inner top messure your steer tube and ask questions about the product, we've all had bad experiences so play it smart(er) this time.