Fasteddys trike

GoldenMotor.com

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Fasteddy

I only found out yesterday that you had another build goin on.

WOW

You got some kinda talent goin on there my friend.

You can make ALOT of coin building bikes if you want.

****FASTEDDYS KUSTOM BIKES****

Will Build Anything You Want

Thats the ticket bud.
Thats what I would do if I had your skills.
No Bull,...You could make a good liveing out of your garage.

Sure would make a difference in pocket change to buy new stuff.

Keep on doing your magic and I'll keep watching with anticipation.

Way to go pal.

Rick

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Curt,
We're busier than fleas on a hot griddle. I'm lucky in that we have a small plywood shop near us that has some really nice wood.

Glad you like the trike.

Steve.
You would have to spend a lot of time diggen through a pile trying to find that at home depot for some like that.

Doing two builds at once would keep you busy. They are awesome though,then you have to pack up and head for MN.?............Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Curt,
Yeah, we're busy all the time, but keep in mind neither of us is married anymore so there is no honeydo list to contend with or somebody to put on the brakes and say "how many bikes do you need anyway!"

Also, we may have something that is done, but needs some redoing, something else that's been in the works for a year or more to finish up and then something planned off in the future we're already scouting parts for.

On another thread someone recently said that the bike building is the fountain of youth. It has been for me so I keep drinking the healing waters.

Ha! Don't drink, smoke, do drugs, gamble have a nice car or own property anymore. No wife and no girlfriend, so the little money I have goes into this stuff. Harmless and I've made some very good friends... like Fasteddy and you, Tinsmith and a bunch of great guys I've never met. And being old you realize there may not be a lot of time left to do things you want to do, so there's some urgency to do it now while you can. I've been given another summer to be at the lake, ride motored bicycles, tinker with building and fish a little, too, so I'm going to make the most of it. Woohoo!
SB

FastEddyJr.

May 18, 2012
Deering NH
Hi Pops,
Finally signed on and started looking around, and lo and behold you're in the trike section.
Did I start something? or is this the chicken and the egg story. The trike is looking good, I like the taps out the back idea. Silverbear hit the nail on the head about being single. I have two partially done and am already thinking about a third.Took the bike and the trike to a friends last weekend, first thing he said was" so this is what happens when you're single" I have the affliction!

Fasteddys son, David.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi Pops,
Finally signed on and started looking around, and lo and behold you're in the trike section.
Did I start something? or is this the chicken and the egg story. The trike is looking good, I like the taps out the back idea. Silverbear hit the nail on the head about being single. I have two partially done and am already thinking about a third.Took the bike and the trike to a friends last weekend, first thing he said was" so this is what happens when you're single" I have the affliction!

Fasteddys son, David.
Must be genetic. Welcome to the forum!
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi David,

Glad you joined us here at Bicycle Heaven. You had the trike first and I thought it was such a perfect idea I bought one as well, so yes you started it.

Ya, I think that that ol' trike could be three kegger with a tin liner so the water from the ice doesn't hurt thr wood. Could add some insulation as well. Bet you would be popular at the annual Toyota 4x4 meet. "No need to stagger to us because we come to you".

It's fun watching your married friends faces as you pull up with new toys and they know that there is more at home. Of course Mrs. Friend isn't so happy about it as we single guys know.

Post some photos of your builds will you.

Dad or Fasteddy the Elder.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Curt,

That is so true isn't it. The nice part was that it was $26 for a 1/2" sheet and they ripped it in two for me.
Two builds at once is stressful at times but there isn't any down time between the two.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fasteddy Jr. Re: Fasteddy.
Do not believe one word that old man tells you. He's known here for spreading rumors, starting arguments and being just downright ornery. But he does build a nice bike. :)

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pop's,

I'm like everyone else here I guess. I would love to do this as a hobby and sell them but someone was talking about it on another thread and if you advertise or make any offers and some thing happens to the buyer and a first year lawyer will turn your life upside down and a really good lawyer would ruin it.

That said I may well have to sell one or two since I'm going to have to rent a storage area to put them in this fall. My brother and sister in laws garage is full and a temporary building they put up is now housing my nephews 1946 chevy two ton truck and a rather large pile of my bike parts. :)

My nephews father in law is a litigation lawyer so I'll get his opinion before I advertise anything.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Awwww Tom your too kind. :) I had thought that the young lad might have tainted himself with admitting that he was related but your all safe. He's the good and quiet one.

Now his sister! You just might be better off kicking a tiger in the backside and walking around to the front to see if it's angry.

Steve.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Pop's,

I'm like everyone else here I guess. I would love to do this as a hobby and sell them but someone was talking about it on another thread and if you advertise or make any offers and some thing happens to the buyer and a first year lawyer will turn your life upside down and a really good lawyer would ruin it.

That said I may well have to sell one or two since I'm going to have to rent a storage area to put them in this fall. My brother and sister in laws garage is full and a temporary building they put up is now housing my nephews 1946 chevy two ton truck and a rather large pile of my bike parts. :)

My nephews father in law is a litigation lawyer so I'll get his opinion before I advertise anything.

Steve.
Fasteddy

On the other hand if you advertise and build 1 offs for customers with a disclaimer, you should be good to go.
After all, if you have no house etc. to lose, such as myself,
They can't squeeze blood out of a rock.

Rick

Last edited:

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Hi Pops,

Fasteddys son, David.
Hi FasteddyJr

Welcome to the forum

I thought I was seeing double for a minute there,LOL

Rick

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pop's,

The trouble for me is that I live with my brother and his family when I'm not traveling. If I'm using their place to build in it may well open them up to a lawsuit as well and they have a lot to lose.

When I lived in Iowa I worked for a fella making fiberglass panels for race cars. He owned a small race track as well and they served beer. Another fella who had an alcohol problem stopped and drank himself silly and moved on. Three days later he killed himself by hitting a tree while he was drunk. Two months later the track owner was sued for selling this guy beer when they knew he was a drunk. The lawyers theory was since the driver was a chronic alcoholic and was never sober the track personel should have known that he was a drunk and not served him.

They knew he was at the race track because they found a bar bill in his car as well as ticket stubs for the race.

It's called shot gun suing so I was told. You sue everyone you can in hopes that the insurance companies just pay up to make the problem go away.

Don't know how it turned out for the track owner since I moved away before it was resolved but I've become very carful ever since.

Steve.

Last edited:

FastEddyJr.

May 18, 2012
Deering NH
Fasteddy Jr. Re: Fasteddy.
Do not believe one word that old man tells you. He's known here for spreading rumors, starting arguments and being just downright ornery. But he does build a nice bike. :)

Tom

Good to see nothings changed, hope to be half as good at it as he is.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Pop's,

The trouble for me is that I live with my brother and his family when I'm not traveling. If I'm using their place to build in it may well open them up to a lawsuit as well and they have a lot to lose.

When I lived in Iowa I worked for a fella making fiberglass panels for race cars. He owned a small race track as well and they served beer. Another fella who had an alcohol problem stopped and drank himself silly and moved on. Three days later he killed himself by hitting a tree while he was drunk. Two months later the track owner was sued for selling this guy beer when they knew he was a drunk. The lawyers theory was since the driver was a chronic alcoholic and was never sober the track personel should have known that he was a drunk and not served him.

They knew he was at the race track because they found a bar bill in his car as well as ticket stubs for the race.

It's called shot gun suing so I was told. You sue everyone you can in hopes that the insurance companies just pay up to make the problem go away.

Don't know how it turned out for the track owner since I moved away before it was resolved but I've become very carful ever since.

Steve.
Fasteddy

I may be tragic but I'm Hip.

I see your point.

Rick