EZR's 2nd full suspension Project

GoldenMotor.com

specialDFX

Aug 4, 2008
Venice, CA
Re: Full Suspension Bike Update

Here's the latest updates on the bike. Reconfigured Rear Suspension and gearing.
(64 tooth rear sprocket) Top speed is in the high twenties.
Really? I could've sworn you were getting nearly 40mph speeds before.

In any case, nice updates.

PS: any word on whether or not Dean intends to produce the frame?
I think I'll be in the market to start my build real soon ;)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It's all in the gear ratio. It was reaching mid 30's with a 56 tooth but now that it has a 64 tooth, it gained better low and mid but lost some top speed. When you're on tight trails, its pretty tough (not to mention hitting a tree)going over 30mph. My other bike hits mid 40's easily with a 47 tooth sprocket.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Wow, did that turn out nice. I have some stainless steel paint, it says it has real SS in the can. What I am getting at is that bike would look good with that paint on there. It has a satin finish, but most of all it is indestructible. Just an idea. Have fun, Dave
Interesting Dave, Where did you get that paint from and what brand is it?

hawaiioutdoors

Jun 18, 2008
Aloha
Nice Fab work. Really nice bike set-up. Was there ever any problem with the strength of the rear wheel. (Project M85) had a pretty sweet rear wheel made out of a 1.6x21 excel rim. Looked real solid. I'm setting up a similar wheel for my project.

daxtit

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Hawaii!
There was no problem with the rear wheel. We were only having problems with the pedaling chain coming off during extreme riding. We are going to test it for the next two weekends to see how it holds up. Here's a close up of the jack shaft that Dean made to resolve this issue.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
This is the proto-type model. Dean probably will put a heat shield on the production pipe. We have been riding this bike for months and the pipe doesn't stick out where it's in the way. I've rode the bike many times wearing shorts and not one leg burn.

runslikeapenguin

Feb 2, 2009
Seattle
i have two questions.

1. where in the world is your exhaust running to? it looks like it re connects with the engine.

2. how did you rig up the disk brake on the right side?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
i have two questions.

1. where in the world is your exhaust running to? it looks like it re connects with the engine.

2. how did you rig up the disk brake on the right side?
The pipe is a center bleed and is routes into the frame and exits out of the stinger between the pedal chain. Dean did this to reduce the exhaust noise.

The disc rotor is mounted with one of Andrew's (Kings S&S) top hat adapter which Dean mounted to the hub.

runslikeapenguin

Feb 2, 2009
Seattle
The pipe is a center bleed and is routes into the frame and exits out of the stinger between the pedal chain. Dean did this to reduce the exhaust noise.

The disc rotor is mounted with one of Andrew's (Kings S&S) top hat adapter which Dean mounted to the hub.
ahhh through the frame.

and what did it take to get the top hat to mount to the other side of the hub? i need to do that but im not sure how.

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
it just amazing how you pound your head trying to think of ideas for these bikes and here it is. i have to say there are a lot of good looking bikes out there but this one is out of this word. great job guys makes me want to get a welder and go at it. keep up the good work.

perplexium

Oct 21, 2008
Irvine
EZR i need help with my full suspenion project! i have no idea how to spring adjust the chain tensioner.... do u have any suggestions or a product i can purchace to use? Or can i see what u have to make a mach up version? THanks All that is holding me back from bombing down crazy trails is this!!!!!!!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
EZR i need help with my full suspenion project! i have no idea how to spring adjust the chain tensioner.... do u have any suggestions or a product i can purchace to use? Or can i see what u have to make a mach up version? THanks All that is holding me back from bombing down crazy trails is this!!!!!!!
Do you have a picture of your bike? Also, just remember that one of the swing arm pivot points needs to be in the center of the drive chain.

perplexium

Oct 21, 2008
Irvine
unfortunately i dont have a picture of the bike, ill try to get a picture of the frame i am using off the internet but i have already made mods, I replaced the bottom tube to make it more like a cruiser and i have made the rear shock 7" instead of 3". anyway ill repost what the bike looks like soon.