Excelsior V Twin build

GoldenMotor.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi truckd...Wouldn't be hard to change ...just cut and reweld.....would depend on the style and period of bike frame....I think I would be looking for a factory frame next one so I can get a Historic reg to be able to use on the road....DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Kirk....The house is 7 years old...its not a true 1920-30s Federation home...its built to that style....... high pitch roof...red brick....lace and fret work veranda's...DD

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nice Place! I restored a house built in 1930 last year and part of the payment for the job was a 1990 Ford Ranger XLT super cab 2.9 Colonge V-6 38,000 miles it was stored in the garage for 15 yrs owned and driven by a 103 yr old man (no longer with us) he owned the first Chevy dealership in the Antelope Valley/So Ca.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
Nice!

Here we go off topic again, I’ve slowly been restoring in a 1850’s house in the Italianate style. I’ve a long way to go... "-)

-Kirk
Talking of house restoration - NEVER spend a day drinking in a German Beer Kellar then wander into a State Property Auction ................... you might end up with something like this !

Bought for the price of a modest secondhand car. Built in 1880 9 bedrooms, dance hall and stage, beer gardens [ was a Guest House / Bar at one time ]. 20 minutes North of Dresden - what a wonderful City - no thanx to the RAF and USAF.

BTW - Axel - I think our paths may have crossed in a previous life ..........Porsche Spyder 550 ring any bells ???

Sadly this will NEVER be restored [ light refurb modification more the case ] in my lifetime / funding - but we do enjoy several vacations a year out there

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
BTW - Axel - I think our paths may have crossed in a previous life ..........Porsche Spyder 550 ring any bells ???

hmmm.....wondering?

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
Dance hall and stage? What's the German voltage? Do you play bass or drums?
Voltage same as the UK [ give or take ! ] We have single and 3 phase [ for cold rooms, beer pumps etc. ]

Played lead guitar in a group ..mannnny years ago. I leave that to the local villagers now who come and play every year at our Pig Roast and odd occasions for the villagers.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Back on topic....Have been dressing the welds on both the frame and tanks...this takes hours with a grinder with several types of disks...rotary burr...files....no pic's as its boreing...DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi 57 CWM....Maybe you can explain as a teacher to the folks who are following the build why it is a very strong weld on this application...any thing that is over lapped in a tube.... I would always use this type of weld.....or drill and pin weld the inserted tube if I was to MIG it....DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ..... Back again.....I was wondering what to use for the oil lift pump on the left tank...seeing as it will only an ornament on the bike....I just wanted to use some junk that I had lying around to make it....I had nothing here so went into the neighbors as he is a plummer....YEEEEEEE...there was just the parts I needed in his scrap bin.....some 30mm copper tube...several types of brass taps and wall mountings.....I spent about an hour on the lathe machining bit and bobs I cut up and I'm nearly there....I'm just need a right angle fitting and I'll get that tomorrow....just a matter of silver solder it all together ..once the mounting tabs are in place I will drill the left tank to fit cert nuts to mount it too....WOW...this will require some polishing to finish it.....it will have 5/16 fittings for the dummy oil lines....another job just about finished.......DD

Attachments

Last edited: