engine does not turn over going foward.

GoldenMotor.com

ALEX DURAN

May 5, 2019
hi my 80cc has only 200 miles on it. with the clutch lever out and pushing the bike forward the engine does not turn over. Yet when pushing it backwards the engine turns over. is this a clutch problem?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Does the chain (or sprockets) have any damage???

Look all over... There has to be a reason why the engine turns one way (& not the other).

You've been riding it for 200 miles (so I'm assuming that you know that the engine should be hard to turn because of compression)??

ALEX DURAN

May 5, 2019
I can push the bike forward real slow and the engine will turn over once every 10 ft. pushing it backwards it contantly turns over. its really wierd. I checked the sprocket nut, it's tight.

ALEX DURAN

May 5, 2019
took of clutch cover. Smaller gear does not move with clutch disengaged. Yet like I said previously when pushing it forward the small gear will turn and then that's when the engine turns over rolling forward

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Alex it sounds like your clutch is slipping, remove the screw that locks the clutch plate then lock the clutch handle in ( it makes turning the flower nut easier) then turn the flower nut clockwise a notch or two, then put the screw back in and check it. Keep adjusting till it doesn't slip.

ALEX DURAN

May 5, 2019
thank you for your help. I haven't adjusted it yet because I stripped the screw yet. lol. I'm waiting for an extractor set to come in the mail.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You have 3 key ways in the drive line, one under the chain sprocket and under both gears on the right side. See if you can determine if either has broke.

ALEX DURAN

May 5, 2019
Also... Do you have a shifter kit or pull start on it??? (I'm assuming it's a 2-stroke)??
no pull start, no shifter kit. yes its a 2 stroke 80cc bicycle motor. adjusted the flower nut and no difference. small gear turns and the engine turns over only when being pushed backwards.

ALEX DURAN

May 5, 2019
cool thank you. I will get into 2maro. I'm very frustrated cus this engine is brand new. another sympton from the last ride I took is the clutch would slip when I would go from 3/4 throttle to full throttle.