derringer cycles

GoldenMotor.com

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
i have a question about the engines on the derringer cycles bikes.

they say they use(And i quote):
"[BAMF-II Model] Honda® built overhead valve 4-stroke engine displacing 49cc, CARB and EURO 2 emission compliance, up to 180 mpg depending on usage. EZ-Start® Recoil"

i whent to honda and there is know type BAMF-II engine?

wtf they look just like China girl engines from ebay?

they charge easy over $1,000 for a derringer.

Derringer Cycles Home

there cool looking and im shure well crafted.

i was just wondering if they REALY use honda or do they just say that?

and if so can i get just a honda engine?

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
That sure looks like a Happy Time/China Girl engine to me. If Honda made these engines, we would know about it. Someone on the forum would find out and tell everyone. That brings up a credibility and trust issue with this company. If they are telling you that these engines are Honda, they are lying to you.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
So far as I can see they have chinese 2 and 4 stroke kits They say if your over 18 they'll tell you what bamf means (think I can figure it out). The fit and finish is pretty nice on those bikes but also room for improvement. But theres a lotta hype along w/ it. It's LA all the way!

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
He has some 4 stroke Honda clones in there also. He sure has some good looking bikes. I wonder where he is getting those tanks they look like the tank off my old Tohatsu, from the 60's. I like the engine he is using did you notice the head and how large the fins are! looks like the barrel has larger fins also, it has the old air filters. In the one pic he has them all lined up in the shop and every one is a work of art. Have fun, Dave

PS: 3,500.oo bucks to start. With a helmet! Looks like he is pushing the Honda clone

Last edited:

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Actually, I think they use the real Honda GXH50 with the Grubee gearbox and mounting kit....much like I did.

They make a serious mistake by removing the engine shroud- I predict that that will cause cooling problems and at least burn a valve.

Anyhoo- look through the "Gallery" and you will see 4 stroke engines and 2 stroke.

Last edited:

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
There is apparently a market for a bike that is turned out somewhat slicker than the average.

Kinda like the iPod compared with any other mp3 player you could think of.

Nice paint job, nice tank, good quality seat, and a chain tensioner that doesn't look like a homespun cut-out job with dull tin snips. Put it all together with a little attention to fit and finish and -- voila, a nice $1200 bike. But $3500?!!! That's outrageous.

-Brenton

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
No I didn't call I read it somewhere on his website. I assume its "Bob Aaron David Aaron Steve Steve Mathew Oliver Thomas Harold Eric Rudolph Frank Ulrich Christopher Kevin Eric Rudolph" They are nice. He is probably comissioning the tanks they look like Ducati monza or benelli 125 tanks maybe repro's but I can't find any repro metal tanks. Maybe their glass I just assumed. I wanta know where he gets those tires.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Anyone ever see those bags? I could use a set. I would call the guy but I suspect I could not offored anything in that shop. LOL Have fun, Dave

Attachments

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Oscully answered the question about the tank somewhere else on this site.

This photo shows a tank from a General Moped. I believe its the same tank that Deringer Cycles for their bikes. There is an outfit called Handy Bikes that has this tank available as well as a slightly different tank that was for their 5 Star step thru mopeds. The tanks are only $50.00 but you will have to source your own gas cap and petcock. Handy Bikes USA - The largest distributor or vintage moped parts in the USA! If you want to see additional photos of the two tanks go to the photo galleries at mopedarmy.com Moped Army - Swarm and Destroy click on General The step thru tank can also be seen under the Clinton and Julie galleries

ocscully

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Re: Who is this guy trying to kid?

It's a nice bike. Aparrently Derringers is backlogged for mo's. It looks like this is an unridden bike purchased from Derringers and he's trying to get his $ back. They start at $3500 from Derringers.

AlphaLlama

Sep 23, 2008
Stockton, Cali

Well even so, that seems rediculously over priced the only real modification seems to be the tank but if the market is there especially in LA who am I to complain.

turbo/chaos

Jul 22, 2008
college station tx
www.myspace.com

you just nkow saw there stuff oh man its the biggest rip off in the world whats funny there seems to be no warranty also and people still buy them what rich dumb people that have no life but to spend what they have

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity

That's it, they are not very special w/ exception of paint job. But if I leased a boutique in LA I'd prolly charge those prices too!