Dax gp50 9hp wow !!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Bo.. The GP50 is what I use to describe our 9hp. There are several manufacturers of this type of motor. Just wanted to point that out.. Our KTMC GP50 appears to be slightly different than yours in that I can see your chain guard is different and your version comes with a 10T . O yes.. And some extra parts where it seems they should not be. I think that was you that reported some extra parts where they were not needed.. . Other than that, externally, they look almost the same.. Anyway.. Just wanted to point that out and also to ask you for feed back on that KTMC GP50 pipe I sent you.. Let me know if it helps you to deliver the mail. Feed back will be appreciated.. Let me know.. And.... Enjoy the ride.. :)

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Hay Dax. Well I have received the pipe yesterday and I am happy to say that it looks well built and of good quality. Also the parts bag and silencer are a welcome addition over buying used and having parts n pieces left out for the builder to find separately.
The pipe fits verry snug around the engine and leaves a bit of room so I think I can fit it within a bike frame. Although it won't for my current black bike without modification. I'll be building the same bike in white and can report on power ect. Thanks Dax dude!!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Great !! Glad you got your pipe.. Also.. I sent the optional muffler that you can install on the tip of your Expansion chamber to quiet it down. It may take a little power away using it, but it will make it more quiet for sure.. Enjoy the ride..

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
If the gp50 ever comes in a kit i am so buying it. Anybody ever thought of putting a banana pipe on it, or a KX65 expansion chamber? Seems like a great idea. Duane can you ship to the gp50 to California?

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Bo.. The GP50 is what I use to describe our 9hp. There are several manufacturers of this type of motor. Just wanted to point that out.. Our KTMC GP50 appears to be slightly different than yours in that I can see your chain guard is different and your version comes with a 10T . O yes.. And some extra parts where it seems they should not be. I think that was you that reported some extra parts where they were not needed.. . Other than that, externally, they look almost the same.. Anyway.. Just wanted to point that out and also to ask you for feed back on that KTMC GP50 pipe I sent you.. Let me know if it helps you to deliver the mail. Feed back will be appreciated.. Let me know.. And.... Enjoy the ride.. :)

No new news on the pipe but I just wanted to chim in on the engine differences. They are the same. I know the pics on the martin & slatir site have an open style style chain guard cover but that seems to be an older pic. I can assure you that they are the same engines. How manny factories do you think are making these engines??? Lol!!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I know of at least 6 Factories that make KTM Clone Engines and counter parts. I am sure there are more.. The Factory I chose to use was because I have known them for several years and have kept track record of their sales and feed back from buyers in Germany. I am fond of the Germans and their engineering prowess. The Germans have been working with the factory to aid in production quality and reliability. This is why I chose them.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I am not sure since I have never had my hands on that Version of Morini. I have owned 2 Franco motors, but not that version. Also.. This same factory that supplies me my KTMC GP50 also has Morini clones as well. They make around 5-6 hp. Not as much power as the KTMC. Also.. I currently have a 49cc liquid cooled I can sell. It is brand new, it makes around 8-9 hp. I will sell it for 349usd obo if anyone is interested. I only have one.Let me know.. Thanks.. And.. Enjoy the ride..

Last edited:

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
I'm thinking of selling universal motor mounts for these engines? Like a complete kit to mount you engine to the frame, bolts, nuts washers, plates and all. the idea being that you drill into the frame and bolt them on. If people did buy them how much do you guys think I should sell them for? If people buy them at all.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Drill into the frame? No thanks!
Clamp onto the frame? Now you have a good idea!
Even a DIY welded mount system would be good. Plates pre-shaped and any necessary angles pre-bent. Make 'em a little long to accommodate any different reaches necessary to fit different frames. If someone has a welder, they have a saw and grinder too. Easy enough to cut the plates to proper length.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I wouldn't buy anything that required drilling, but a clamp or weld on kit would be great! I'd certainly give this motor some more serious thought. Depends on how versatile these mounts are. For my application, the front mount of the motor would need to be much longer than the back.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
essentially it would be a trapezium and two rectangles/sticks around 2 - 3cm wide. the big end of the trap would bolt onto the frame and the small end would bolt onto the sticks, there would be two for every trapezium, meeting at the end for every mounting hole on the motor. there would be no bending required because I was planning to use long bolts and spacers or washers to create alignment. the only fab work would be to drill the frame and cut the sticks to length hence giving the option to move the motor exactly where you want it in your frame.