Dax gp50 9hp wow !!

GoldenMotor.com

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Lighter springs takes away the power. I have been messing with these motors for mebbe three years now? IME. with these motors it will no longer be a 9x power motor. These motors do not generate 9 horse power right off idle. The sooner you can get into the power band ''revs'' then you shall feel the excitement and experience of a 9 hp motor.

Its like a chain saw if you put a chainsaw into a partially cut tree with out revving it first it will likely '''never ever''' get to full rev's

A clutch matched to this process is for me where the glory is.. Here is a link and a quote: http://www.motomx.com/clutch_information.html

How the bike is presently geared. You have to treat gearing and clutch set up independently. Example: If you were to make a rear sprocket change to increase top end speed, (Less teeth on rear sprocket) then you loose some bottom end power. Now with the clutch set up you can change your power curve to compensate.

'''''ignore their washer stacks all together we use a totally different configuration in our clutches''''''

I just like the way that quote is worded!

Principals of physics still apply. The only thing I have ever got and used out of this link that has applied to me is the oil I use and my stall. I am sitting at over 5k miles on one clutch here and never did change out my washers for new ones. Been consistently changing my oil every 9 hours or so of ride time.

Our clutch and bell diameters look to be the same. Yet their washer stacks are totally alien to the stock config that came with any of my clutches. I do not recommend trying them.. My own experience at one time was disappointing. To drop stall just simply removed the flat washers systematically until the desired result is achieved.

I imagine that in major heat races it could be advantageous to change oil on occasion? As the oil's viscosity would perhaps stay more consistent in the clutches over all tuning?

Found in my experience the type oil used effects clutch performance for me substantially. Saw changes in personality from winter verses summer. I set it for a high stall then use thicker weight oil to make it engage sooner off idle. Changed and finessed the whole feel of things for me.. These clutches need a little break in time too. I use the same brand oil in the link ... 90w tho. lately this year in the summer with 10% lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer.

Good luck guy's Cheerio!dnut
I was told to change clutch oil every 4 hours of ride time (average time of a pro circuit dirt bike race day). This was said by the local KTM dealer. Just FYI. :)

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37663

I'm running a 9 front and 50 rear converted to a 415 chain and the disk break rim with top hat adapter. Works great. I think the lighter chain helps with acceleration and poss top speed. I also moved the c clip on the carb slide up one giving less gas and it really gets into its power now!! I put some Lucas stabilizer in the bell Rey gear saver also. Seems to help!

Last edited:

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Ok i finally got it on youtube ... forgot my old account password and email i used, so i made a new one. sorry the vid is shaky but its my phone camera and im riding one handed.... i need a go pro! dont know the speed but its pretty good! i think the 21mm carb might be a good upgrade to squeez those top end rps out a bit more... ive rode this thing a bunch now and i love it! my new go to bike.... i wish it had a manual clutch tho. i do like that about the chinas but its hard to go get coffe while using a clutch and throttle...ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxqvuNDCvew

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Just received the Factory pipe for the GP50R 9hp Motor.. I only need to get it tested.. Looks fantastic. I am sure this pipe will add a few HP to the GP50R motor.. See picture.. And.. Enjoy the ride..

Attachments

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Keep an eye on your spark plug, tuned pipes tend to make a engine run lean with stock jets, I don't know about this pipe but usually they are tuned to a hi RPM range that's very narrow giving you flat spots at lower RPMs.

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
Just received the Factory pipe for the GP50R 9hp Motor.. I only need to get it tested.. Looks fantastic. I am sure this pipe will add a few HP to the GP50R motor.. See picture.. And.. Enjoy the ride..
baahhhH!! i just got done moding my kx65 pipe...grrr. not worth the effort imo. Daxman! do you have those 9t front sprockets yettt???

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
I know a guy who once fitted a small dirtbike tire to a beach cruiser by pulling out the frame a bit. I would suggest getting worksman rims with 10 gauge spokes or something really heavy duty.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I found the 9T sprockets. I would like to get $9.99 each. I still need to charge 9 dollars for S&H and that will ship priority mail. I only have 2pcs right now. I will get more in the coming weeks.. Enjoy the ride..

Attachments

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
So what are you looking at for final gearing? 9T/56T?

Been a while since I've been around here, and been a while since a build. I'm getting that itch again :D
Interested in this motor for a ground up build

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
I think 9-56 may be abit too tall if you want decent speed. But it will be nice for crusing. You may get like 39 top speed. I'm pushing 48-49 mph with a 9-50 set up...