Dax Balanced lower...?

GoldenMotor.com

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I concur Mr.president .
PLUTO DUDE THIS IS THE "THAT DAX" THREAD.
NOT EPA.
YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT YOUR EPA CRAP.
Just so you know Nation wide holding company controls
Stinger, Sky Puppet, Kings motors, Skyhawk, and some others.
Thy are aka Gasbike.net
So please don't screw up this thread with B.S. that not even slightly related
to the DAX balanced bottomend.
in case you haven't noticed something about this thread since you read the whole thing that anything next to a Dax motor is junk to us . dance1

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Noob here, I have read this entire thread. What I can tell is that only the Skyhawk is a new motor. Post 2010 because of the EPA regs. That said, I noticed a vendor here selling "Stinger Motors". They advertise EPA cert.

From their site:

Authentic EPA Approved Catalytic Converter Exhaust Pipe
Keep in Mind that to be EPA approved your engine needs to have a stamp or marking on it stating the date it was manufactured and the EPA approval number which ours has. Other engines that advertise being EPA approved that don't have this are NOT EPA APPROVED. Remember that it is illegal to ship or use a NON EPA Approved engine in California and is the end consumers (your) responsibility. Save yourself the fines by making sure that it is EPA approved not by just trusting what other sellers say. Remember that these sellers are importing engines into the country illegally and have no reguard for our environment and well being. They are just trying to make a quick buck as not epa approved engines are typically $15-$35 cheaper.

Does this then mean that the Stinger is a rebadged Skyhawk. Or is this just BS?

Oh so much to learn about this Hobby. Fascinating...

Thanks

What on earth does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread....?

Not many of us here give a rats behind about all the garbage epa crap that is used by the government to trample on our freedoms with all the tree hugger global warming BS that gets many of these stupid laws past.

If you are a Skyhawk dealer or something I say more power to ya friend but this thread aint about Skyhawk ngines or about ignorant epa laws and there communist regulations against the American people.

By the way I dont mean to hate on Skyhawk engines at all but ill put my Dax up against any one of them out of the box as for as performance and smoothness, that epa regulation stuff on a 2 stroke engine is total bunk anyway, most peolle get a kit and start to modify it right from the start by throwing away the stock junk 4 stroke type pipes they come with and rejet there carbs which actually run way richer and spew much more oil and gas out than they do once they have been crrecty rejetted, many of us run much less oil in our mix than what is probably used in the epa tested engines f that ever really happens..... a stock china girl that is running on 16:1 or even 24:1 with dyno oil in the mix is gonna produce way more emissions than my modified engine does with an 80:1 mix of Opti2, my engine dont even smoke unless I let them odle for a while and I get a bit of an oil increase in the lower case, not meaning to be offensive here but instead of hijacking this thread for discussing the excellent Dax balanced lowers how about you start you own thread about your opinion of the skyhawk engine and how you buy into all the epa BS and how no one else should be able to sell anything but The "approved" skyhawk engines........! You're whipping a dead horse here my friend and most of us could care less about what the epa thinks of our bikes or engine.

I SAY ...... "DON'T TREAD ON ME"

And thats all I got to say about that!

Peace, map

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
Lol!

I say in this instance EPA stands for E xtreme P athetic A ttempt to make a point of hoped for conversion to a Skyhawk or other so called "approved" engine kit.

Map

Not my intention at all Map. I thought I read earlier in the thread about pre and post 2010 motors. After reading all the posts it sounded like you guys know what you are talking about. I was just trying to figure out what is current and what is not.

I am not a dealer for anything or trying to change anyone's thinking, only looking to learn all I can about this hobby. Guess I will look elsewhere.

Sorry about the hijack, carry on.

Peace.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Not my intention at all Map. I thought I read earlier in the thread about pre and post 2010 motors. After reading all the posts it sounded like you guys know what you are talking about. I was just trying to figure out what is current and what is not.

I am not a dealer for anything or trying to change anyone's thinking, only looking to learn all I can about this hobby. Guess I will look elsewhere.

Sorry about the hijack, carry on.

Peace.
Pluto,

All is good and I am not hating on you here, maybe I came on a bit strong in my reply, I have no problem with anyone having what ever they want or feel comfortable with, there has been other discussion on the forum about all the epa mess and what is or isn't correct or legal with the importation of the China girl kits, I personally dont think things are as strict as some have said, I can go on ebay and have many different kits imported and shipped right to my front door right out of main land China.

All this said I know the epa is always trying to create problems for many things in our country and our founders are probably rolling in there graves concern all the mass government over reach we have to endure here now and myself for one get a bad bad feeling and a very defiant attitude when I see or hear. Any of it, im a patriot rebel thinking fella when it comes to all the government garbage that is destroying mine and my fellow mans freedoms in this nation, so my initial reaction is a bit harsh sometime.

Peace, map
reddd

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
Im going to say this about the EPA they dont care about anything but lineing there pockets with money like most everyone else.

the reasons I say this is because if the EPA cared #1 catalytic converts would be outlawed in the long run they do more harm then good yes for a time they do what they say but when they break down they put more junk into the air in a very short time then they keep out the entire time they worked right. our x pipes we use do more to keep the air clean then the stock mufflers that come with the kits ever will do

I built high hp motors for years NA and Turbo and the few that I took to Memphis to have tested always put out less emissions then stock cars of the same year. The reason that was was because if you make power right you are making your motors more effencent and the more you do that the better you burn the fuel.

we are one of the only country's in the world that requires crap like cats and egts in japan where cars are required to be much more effencent then they are here in the USA
cats and egts are illegal but they would not use our horse piss that we use for gas either.

All that said do not hi jack our thread again LOLOLOLOL

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Im going to say this about the EPA they dont care about anything but lineing there pockets with money like most everyone else.

the reasons I say this is because if the EPA cared #1 catalytic converts would be outlawed in the long run they do more harm then good yes for a time they do what they say but when they break down they put more junk into the air in a very short time then they keep out the entire time they worked right. our x pipes we use do more to keep the air clean then the stock mufflers that come with the kits ever will do

I built high hp motors for years NA and Turbo and the few that I took to Memphis to have tested always put out less emissions then stock cars of the same year. The reason that was was because if you make power right you are making your motors more effencent and the more you do that the better you burn the fuel.

we are one of the only country's in the world that requires crap like cats and egts in japan where cars are required to be much more effencent then they are here in the USA
cats and egts are illegal but they would not use our horse piss that we use for gas either.

All that said do not hi jack our thread again LOLOLOLOL
Ditto.....

Lol!

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Congrats Dan, welcome to the GP360 Dax balanced lower club.... I ordered another one a couple days ago myself....

With a well tuned carb and good breathing exhaust you will see 40mph or + cruise speed with a 34 or 36T rear sprocket if your ends up running like mine does, and that is a comfortable cruise speed, not one that feels like the seat is gonna rip your prostate out and rattle your finger nails off....LOL!

I think Huffydavidson said it first but I will quote him here and say it again.

"Once you go Dax, you wont go Bax..!!"

I'm replacing all of mine with the Dax lowers as I can sneak them in under the wifes radar..dance1 one going now, another in the mail and maybe another in a couple weeks if he still has some left, the vibrations have always been one of the biggest draw backs for comfort and top cruise speeds and Duane has hit that nail right on the head with his balance crank lowers, I know that the lowers could probably be even better with a bit more time spent on them but he is doing an excellent job for the money no doubt and I figure on having 5-6 at least time I'm done, maybe a couple more.

Dan you will be pleasantly surprised when you get it up and going, I've only got just under 60 miles on mine and it is running great, I started off on Opti2 at the recommended mix ratio that on the packets I buy 1.6oz Opti2 per gallon of gasoline which is 80:1 mix, it just keeps running a little better every time I take it out, I'll be putting an RT carb on it in a week or so if all goes according to plan and I still have to find the time at some point to get my expansion chamber exhaust built for it, it's gonna be a sweet ride when I get everything I have planned done.

Peace, Map
reddd
Map, once again thanks for the invaluable info! As soon as I get everything I'm going to use my buddies porting machine to get things all lined up and pretty. I'll be using my clone carb and will swap out the sprocket after I see how much time runs after break in.
So you are saying start the break in with that oil correct? Very stoked to try this new motor out!
Dan.

Hey Map , DAX RIGHT ,DAX RIGHT , YOU'LL NEVER GO BAX RIGHT , DAX RIGHT ..!!!!!!....
I hereby nominate MAP BIKE to be this year's preside of the

DAX 360

CLUB.
All in favor say aye . And ayevs have it .
President Map , OMG I didn't see this coming .

LMAO laff
Good idea :)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Map, once again thanks for the invaluable info! As soon as I get everything I'm going to use my buddies porting machine to get things all lined up and pretty. I'll be using my clone carb and will swap out the sprocket after I see how much time runs after break in.
So you are saying start the break in with that oil correct? Very stoked to try this new motor out!
Dan.

Good idea :)
Dan, you will see many variations of opinion on here about break in, oil type and at what ratio...blah blah blah....LOL!

fact of the matter is that 99%+ of any type of machine or equipment you by that has a 2 stroke engine on it does not give you a different mix ratio to run the engine on for X amount of time and then switch it over to a different oil or mix from there on out, if there is a mechanical issue with an engine like say... a bad bearing, I don't give a hoot what oil or what ratio you run it on as long as it is a quality oil being mixed at the correct ratio, it's gonna fail and on the other hand if the engines bearing are good, you can start the engine off on a quality oil with a correct mix from day one and it will break in just fine and run just fine just the way it should, I dont wait to tune my carbs and run a high amount of oil in the mix on any of my engines and they break in just fine and run great from day one, I jet my carb to a known size that will allow the engine to avoid running too rich and then after maybe 8-10 miles of moderate running, I start riding the bike that way it will be road for several miles at a time, I want mine to either run great from the get go or blow the heck up right straight if something isn't right in that lower end, I don't pamper mine much, I do start them and let them run for a few minutes before I take a ride just to let things settle a bit and so I can make sure everything is secure and there aren't any air leaks and then I get on the bike and go for a 25-30mph cruise.

The way I see it is if an engine has a faulty bearing issue riding the bike slow will not fix that bearing, having more oil in the mix will not fix that bearing, running a lower quality dyno oil for break in will not fix that bearing.....! and honestly I challenge anyone to prove to me where it ever has...... common sense and basic understanding of mechanics says it is impossible....

So, buy you some Opti2 mix it according to directions which is 100:1 ratio, packets I 'm buying now are 3.2oz to 2.5gal of gas, or buy it in a bottle like most do and mix 1.3oz per gallon of gas and be ready to enjoy great performance low smoke and good engine life if all is good in engine when you start and you have the carb tuned properly.

This is how I roll and it works perfectly.....oil type and ratio will not fix bad bearings and roller bearing do need to wear in to the degree I have seen some give the impression that they do however they will smooth up after a few miles and my engines are running great after only about 80-100 miles, probably as good as they will get, compression is where its gonna be and things are settled in nice for the long haul if all is right.

Best wishes with your engine build Dan, hope she's a barn burner........!

Peace, Map
reddd

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/forum2/new-motor-break-time-th7702.html

Please note that Yamaha recommends using pre-mixed fuel and the oil injection system during the break-in procedure.
As I have said multiple times do what you feel comfortqble with is what I recommend.

Many people have broke their engines in s veral ways and it has worked out great for them, I do what has proven to work for me and I suggest each do the same, I always speak of what I have done with success and most others on here do the same, I used to be a custom to break in most all 4 stroke engines with non detergent motor oil and people thought the rings wouldnt seat properly unless you did, I always put what I planned to run in my hot rods from day one, rings always seated in just fine and engines were strong.

Some things actually make a difference and some dont bu t I do what I feel confident with and others should do the same for peace of mind.

Peace, map
.wee.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
Got my new Dax Gen IV GP360 lower yesterday along with a new RT carb,...
This makes me happy because I have been waiting for my Gen IV GP360 complete kit to arrive up here in Indy for my first motorized bicycle build (Schwinn beach point).

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Dan, you will see many variations of opinion on here about break in, oil type and at what ratio...blah blah blah....LOL!

fact of the matter is that 99%+ of any type of machine or equipment you by that has a 2 stroke engine on it does not give you a different mix ratio to run the engine on for X amount of time and then switch it over to a different oil or mix from there on out, if there is a mechanical issue with an engine like say... a bad bearing, I don't give a hoot what oil or what ratio you run it on as long as it is a quality oil being mixed at the correct ratio, it's gonna fail and on the other hand if the engines bearing are good, you can start the engine off on a quality oil with a correct mix from day one and it will break in just fine and run just fine just the way it should, I dont wait to tune my carbs and run a high amount of oil in the mix on any of my engines and they break in just fine and run great from day one, I jet my carb to a known size that will allow the engine to avoid running too rich and then after maybe 8-10 miles of moderate running, I start riding the bike that way it will be road for several miles at a time, I want mine to either run great from the get go or blow the heck up right straight if something isn't right in that lower end, I don't pamper mine much, I do start them and let them run for a few minutes before I take a ride just to let things settle a bit and so I can make sure everything is secure and there aren't any air leaks and then I get on the bike and go for a 25-30mph cruise.

The way I see it is if an engine has a faulty bearing issue riding the bike slow will not fix that bearing, having more oil in the mix will not fix that bearing, running a lower quality dyno oil for break in will not fix that bearing.....! and honestly I challenge anyone to prove to me where it ever has...... common sense and basic understanding of mechanics says it is impossible....

So, buy you some Opti2 mix it according to directions which is 100:1 ratio, packets I 'm buying now are 3.2oz to 2.5gal of gas, or buy it in a bottle like most do and mix 1.3oz per gallon of gas and be ready to enjoy great performance low smoke and good engine life if all is good in engine when you start and you have the carb tuned properly.

This is how I roll and it works perfectly.....oil type and ratio will not fix bad bearings and roller bearing do need to wear in to the degree I have seen some give the impression that they do however they will smooth up after a few miles and my engines are running great after only about 80-100 miles, probably as good as they will get, compression is where its gonna be and things are settled in nice for the long haul if all is right.

Best wishes with your engine build Dan, hope she's a barn burner........!

Peace, Map
reddd
Thanks Map!

Question.
Before I put this thing together is there a piston upgrade out there for this motor? I see Fred has a PK80 piston, not sure if that will fit the F80 though.

One last thing.....My order should be here tomorrow, along with a foot of snow!!! so no riding for a while :(

Dan.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
This makes me happy because I have been waiting for my Gen IV GP360 complete kit to arrive up here in Indy for my first motorized bicycle build (Schwinn beach point).
Kinda funny, I was going to put this motor in a Schwinn Point Beach lol but the fellow sold it out from underneath me. As life goes it was a good thing, I should be picking up a Giant Simple 7 cruiser hopefully today for the same price.

Have fun with your build!

Dan.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Thanks Map!

Question.
Before I put this thing together is there a piston upgrade out there for this motor? I see Fred has a PK80 piston, not sure if that will fit the F80 though.

One last thing.....My order should be here tomorrow, along with a foot of snow!!! so no riding for a while :(

Dan.
F80 has the short conrod, so this **should** slip in nicely. thinner rings and such mean less friction for higher revs (and less damage to the cylinder). But the only pistons I can find that will fit the 66cc are reed-ported. Get yourself some arrow reeds and this piston and you will have an instant screamer. The piston sits 0.5mm higher than stock (GET THE 10MM version!!) so no need for a high comp head, this piston will do that for you.