Dave31 BoXer

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Have not been on the BoXer since October, and I am getting itchy to be on it again.

I'd like to take the BoXer and my HardRock and just have a little fun out on the playa (Dry Lake). Been thinking about trying it out at the dunes but I would have to have some sprockets made up for me.

I've been doing so many trails and MX tracks that some big wide open dry lake seems like it will be fun.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Today I rode the BoXer to the bank, then I went to Ace. Stopped by my buddy's home but he was not there. Went to the small BMX track the kids have in the desert behind the grocery store then back home.

Fun,fun,fun dnut

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I get crazy looks Ken but I cannot tell if they don't like it or just curious on what I am riding. I always stay close to home on the BoXer.

That's why I usually just keep the dirt tires on it and load it up on the truck and hit the deserts.

I've got a front flat now that needs to be fixed.

Yeah its a shame Dave, the suspension on the BoXer makes it a pleasure to ride.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah... those bikes are a lot cooler than the motoped to me... something like this needs to 2 stroke for the power and the nice sound they make too.

I'm just wondering if someone would send me the dimensions so I could build one at my shop... hint hint...
I got all the mild steel and chrome moly tubing and lots of tooling like plasma cutter, TIG welder, cold saw, tubing bender and notcher etc so a set of plans would be worth paying for to me. Just need to use a DeNardis or KTM engine since Morini is no more, unless I can find a used one that runs or is in rebuildable condition.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
True... in the wrong hands a set of plans could lead to a bunch of low quality copycats being sold or even worse, someone could send the info to China and then there would be tons of these frames built sub par.
I'd much rather deal directly with Dean on something like that anyway because we could write up some kind of a contract or binding that I would only build one for myself and could not share or sell the plans or dimensions etc...

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Needed a new headlight for my truck and some brake fluid to top off my clutch reservoir.

Parts store is only like a mile from home so I figured I'd ride the BoXer. Locked it up to the bike rack that is on the side of the parts store and went in.

Got my headlight and brake fluid, checked out the table they had up front with all the stuff that was on clearance looking for something I just had to have but found nothing I wanted.

Paid for my purchase and came out to find my seat and seat tube gone! I don't think I was even in the store for 10 minutes.

I am not a happy guy today :-||

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Totally un cool for sure... I hope they lose that seat right in the middle of a big jump and get all the love the seat post has to offer a thief when he lands...

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
You've got to be kidding! What fool steals a seat? What sucks is you were in and out in ten minutes. Sorry that I had to learn something from your experience but from now on I plan on weaving my lock thru my seat as well.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You've got to be kidding! What fool steals a seat? .
I keep thinking the same thing? Why just a seat? If they really, really wanted too they could have cut the lock and taken the bike.

I can't help think it is somebody who dislikes MB's and just wanted to piss me off.

I am glad it was just the seat and seat tube...easily replaced

I drove around looking, asked a few people if they saw anything but no luck. I even asked O'Reilly if they had a security cam. Unfortunately they have no camera on that side of the building.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Found a old Bell seat and seat tube that I had forgotten I had.

I like the seat for my cruisers its nice and comfy. But it's so wide not sure how I will like it on the BoXer.

I remember using it on one of my MTB, works great for cruising around the street but I did not like it for trail riding.

When you spend a lot of time on the pedals like I do on trails and off-road the width of the seat bothered me.

But, its what I got for now so I'll use it until I purchase another seat.

Attachments

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Shame! This is why I have trust issues around strangers. Used to never have to worry about things going missing in a small town I lived in, but now it seems everybody wants something for free... Even if that means stealing it.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
careful on the dunes, that sand will tax, overheat and sieze a motor in no time. seen it countless times and thats with knobbies, paddles are better but good luck. just take a walk in the sand. i know your a desert dog but just a warning. dennis

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You are correct Dennis

Riding in a dry wash is not so bad because of the rocks that help with traction. Plus in a wash the sand is more compacted.

But when I went to the dunes, I realized real fast it is not a place for a motorized Bicycle.

One of the reasons I never shared my ride at the dunes, really wasn't much to share. I planned on making some kool videos and sharing photos but I only road it once for a few minutes.

Wasn't so bad if I got up to speed, but keeping the speed up was very difficult and as soon as I backed off the throttle it would just bog down in the sand.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
been a dune coon most of my life, best bike is a cr500 but that's way to much for this old man. lately i've been sitting in a 4 wheeler watching, saw it all 1960's to now, things have changed alot and not all for the better. between the B.L.M. and the gangsters you have to be.... well i'll leave it at that.