Cruiser's Motorized Mountain Bike with a DAX Titan

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
well i got her all done and putting the miles on. the titan is an awesome motor. i installed it and first pull it did not start so i flicked the choke and it started right up. first thing i noticed was how smooth it idled and how thier was no vibration. the motor is unbelivably quite except when you go full throttle and then you can here it but not loud at all. it was very easy to install and no where near the hedaches i had with my last 2 stroke. only thing i had to do was keep making adjustments to have the chain perfect. i also used a kings sprocket which i bolted to the disk brake mount. install took less then 2 hours but keep in mind it only took seconds to mount the sprocket. 6 screws and no worries about making sure it was centered. i purchased the motor from dax and highly recomend it. cost a bit more then a 2 stroke but in my opinion it was more then worth the extra money for i use it to comute back and forth to work and travel around the island. people here have never even heard of a bicycle with a motor on it let alone see one. i have everyone stopping me to talk and look at it. they say you are the talk of the island lol. anyway here is a picture of my motorized bicycle and a few of the roads i travel. its a rough life i tell you lol

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Re: Motorized Mountain Bike with a DAX Titan

Love the set up Cruiser! Looks like you can ride that bike for miles in comfort.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: Motorized Mountain Bike with a DAX Titan

ya real comfy. i replaced the mountain bike handle bars with schwinn stingray bars so i can sit up straight. duel shocks make it real nice. right out of the box i got 28mph and now that it's breaking in i get 33 mph and climbs a little each time i take it out. only have 60 miles on it right now

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
That is awesome Country !!!

Paul.. That is beautiful country. I'll bet the Titan makes super power at that low altitude. Hey.. Shoot me your addy so I can send you a couple of brackets. Looking good.. Enjoy the ride.....:)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
members that is what i mean about service. you get what you pay for and this motor was worth every penny spent. my brackets are fine the way i did them however dax feels it could be better and offers to help without me asking. this was not a free motor to me. i purchased it just like you would so i could give a good honest assesment. another thing i like was i asked for priority mail service and he told me it was 59.00 extra which i paid. when it got here the postage on it was $58.12. i personally hate it when shipping is jacked up real bad and this was pretty much on the money. i sent my tools here parcel post and it took 5 weeks. i just now got them 2 days ago and the motor i had in 3 days. i will keep adding more about the bicycle motor as i put some miles on it which i am getting ready to do now. i love pulling in the gas station and filling it up. .89 cents it cost last time (^)

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Holy CARP - I am moving. Can folks with a decent retirement move there and live OK? How are food prices, medical care and such?

You don't know how lucky you are.

Nice bike BTW. I would be there to show you up with my MB frame mount in a heart beat!;)(^)rotfl

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
food and electric are expensive. however gas is cheaper and you can get a nice place here to live for less then the us. it all averages out i think. shoot i am working here and this is like retirement to me. nice layed back place to enjoy life. as you can see from the pictures the island is mostly land and not heavly populated. all the people live in st thomas and this is the quite island. i love it here. matter fact gonna walk out the back door and take a dip in the pool right now :D

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
(^) Looking good (^) Man that is beatiful! I knew you would be the talk of the island...did I not say you would start a motorized bicycle revolution?

:ride2:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Boy an old hippie like me would fit right in. All you would need is a bike , a native "waheene" or two to cook and clean and an introduction to the local "Rastas". Life would good till hurricane season. Enjoy for us all Cruiser!!(c)Walter F.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
this old hippie fits right in. even work is great. here is a picture of one of the views from the tower. since there is not many planes that fly here i just sit and enjoy the view

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've been flying my Flight simulater game there, is their a bunch of smoke stacks on one side of the runway..East I think.. just wondering how realastic the game is :confused:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Looks like you landed in a great place. Lost of pretty scenery and you dont have to deal with the cold. You could sell your car and just get a second bike in case of break downs.

As for the bike, I really do prefer the looks of the inside the frame mount. My friction drive looks just as bad though so I have no room to talk. I hope the engine is light cause I could never keep it upright if it weren't.

But you look as though you are going to have fun down there so have a cold beer for all of us, then DONT ride the bike.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am actually liking the rack mount. the bike i have it on i built years back and always loved. to have it motorized to me is the ultimate. as you can see by the carbon frame thier was no way possible to motorize it with any other type of mounting system. its fast, its quite and so far very reliable. no loosened bolts or anything which i really like. i had the engine mounts vibrate right off on my 2 stroke and everytime i rode it something had loosened up and a constant maintnence issue. the titan thier is no vibration and you can hardly hear the engine unless full throttle. i have over 70 miles on it and most at high speed 25 to 34 mph. i couldn't be happier

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i keep on racking up the miles and it is so strange to me not having to fix anything. its nice not having to leave for work extra early like i did with my 2 stroke for fears of it breaking down and being late which it did once. i had to pedal to work and it about killed me lol. another wonderful thing about this motor is is it pedals like it did without the motor so if i ever end up having to pedal it won't be to bad. my 2 stroke to pedal was like pedaling with the breaks on. nice job dax (^)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
something else i forgot to mention that i really like about this 4 stroke bicycle motor is that thier is no clutch cable or handle. i don't know about you all but it was just another thing that always seemed to need fixing and adjusting. this has a centerfugal clutch which means when you give it gas to go it engages automatically. i enjoy the motor and relaize how nice it really is each time i take it out.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i finally had to make a repair today lol. the motor kept stalling at idle. so i am looking over the cables and stuff thinking wow i finally get to fix something. it ended up i needed to turn the idle screw just a pinch and all was working fine again. so much for testing my mechanical abilities. it really seems weird not fixing something all the time. needless to say i am very happy with my bicycle engine