crazy head!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good grief. Another ebay gimmick. Some guy with a lathe and some scrap aluminum who doesn't know the first thing about air cooled internal combustion engines.

DON'T BUY IT!

Tom

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
i happen to know the guy who is making them
amongst some other impressive hi performance stuff
he has built high performance vw engines for many years and has a whole bunch of things in the works
hold on to your seat and as far as this head in particular find out what the guarantee might be before you judge it too harshly he knows a few things about engines etc!!!!

Mjpioneer

Jun 10, 2013
MA
As somebody who works with metal for a living I can tell you all that head is absolute ****. zero cooling aspects, and some ****ty machine work all around. The head bolt holes look like they are a serious weak spot and are destined to crack under load.

^^
Tell your buddy just because he has a lathe/mill and has been around a few vw bangers doesn't mean he is a performance shop. I mean I can cook, doesn't make me a chef.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This head might look like it would overheat, but consider the size of the thing! It looks at least an inch thick aluminum and might cool better than you think. I once saw a similar head for a 250cc dirtbike that was excellent! It had a LOT more power than the stock finned head and cooled much better than I expected. Never had a detonation or cooling problem and it also looked damn cool.
I'd keep an open mind until someone tests it.
It might be a gimmick,
or it might actually work.
Plus the price is right compared to most custom heads...

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
he should've made the area around the bolts flat so the washers don't tilt when you tighten em down with a bolt.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
he should've made the area around the bolts flat so the washers don't tilt when you tighten em down with a bolt.
thats what I was thinking! As ridiculous as they may seem maniac may have a point and I kind of think they look cool in a bizarre way.

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
The other day, Dave from Arrow mentioned these guys making this head. So, I took a look at the design.

Looks like a pretty good copy of my combustion chamber design.

I noticed that they have 6.0 cc and 7.0 cc combustion chamber volumes. Wow! that sounds familiar!

Even if it is made from a thick piece of aluminum, it will not provide adequate cooling due to the lack of fins.

I anticipate that anyone who uses their heads will get a cooked motor.

The unfortunate user may also get bearing bits circulating throughout the engine as a result of overheating.

The bearings will get pounded to death from detonation, once again, brought on by overheating.

A valiant effort by a small machine shop, but their shop is much too small and poorly equipped to be able to efficiently manufacture good billet heads.

-Fred
.duh.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Fred your heads + parts are beautiful / untouchable when compared to anything on the market... at least for now. They have some pretty freaky intakes that look terrible but have a cool swirl patter to help break up the gasses. Im waiting for someone to start making billet cases - (I know there has been much talk about this in the past but besides that one twin motor someone made there havent been any made to my knowledge)Fred I recently watched your PHBG video and im running the same carb myself in the racing version - what jetting are you running? -Ethan

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
"Instructions & Phone Support Included"

If you need instructions for this thing, then you shouldn't be anywhere near a motorized bicycle.

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Fred your heads + parts are beautiful / untouchable when compared to anything on the market... at least for now. They have some pretty freaky intakes that look terrible but have a cool swirl patter to help break up the gasses. Im waiting for someone to start making billet cases - (I know there has been much talk about this in the past but besides that one twin motor someone made there havent been any made to my knowledge)Fred I recently watched your PHBG video and im running the same carb myself in the racing version - what jetting are you running? -Ethan
Thank you Moto. I'm flattered!
I'm running a .86 main and I think a .30 idle jet on that PHBG 21.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
moto
good to see you have an open mind and not so readily influenced by the nay sayers who have not examined first hand nor most importantly tried the head

keep an eye on ghetto bike
he has not stepped away from his welding table due to an overwhelming abundance of orders for his template in frame gas tanks all frames!!!!

oh yeah-- I was with him when his Bridgeport arrived at his new shop and the lathe was to follow --
along with his cnc machine

here a head -- there a head -- everywhere a head head

Last edited: