Cooper & Ludwig

GoldenMotor.com

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Supplier - if it saves enough fabrication, it might pay for the carriage and the import duty - http://www.mopedland.ukfsn.org/

Look under the section headed Jumble, there's some interesting bits there.
=======================================
Ludwig,
Thank for link for very interesting web-site about mopeds!
Page with components made me sick - generally easy aviable, but still far away for me (for now, but who knows!)
Zoran

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
It's a long drive for one spark plug. For a shopping list for friends together with a few days holiday, it would be more appealing.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?num....0....0...1c.1.64.hp..4.15.1678.0.jXEkB6fqVY8
================================
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hello Ludwig![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Suggested voyage from Bern to Ipswich should be pleasure even without any shopping! It seems not too much impossible: 1062 km, 10 hours 36 minutes, 120 Euros for travel expenses... Double for return! Less then from Bern to Belgrade and for sure more interesting! I am not sure for time of 10 hours, so probably with staying overnight somewhere? I am not sure for expenses for staying one week – less should be not enough? Modest holiday pansion with BB?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]With budget of a few hundred £££, I could buy everything classic and original for my future (if ever started) quadricycle! Excellent web-site indeed![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My wife would be delighted too, because some 5 years ago we had serious plans for voyage to UK: she for shopping and I for visiting some places connected with history of motorisation and aviation... Together to visit old castles, fortresses, canals, sea shores and so on... However, once real plans now look quite far away![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For the first time I planed to visit UK with my first wife: year 1978, auto old FIAT 600 D, money from wedding, old itinerary made for 1966 Football Championship... [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately, in both of cases life took other direction, so my eternal dreams to visit UK stayed just a dreams![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ciao,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]P.S.: I am not sure any more in my qualification to drive auto on "wrong side" of a road?
[/FONT]

Attachments

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Driving up through Kent, the south eastern bit of England, there are airfields, museums, castles, but if you go into London, be aware of the London Emission Zone. If your car doesn't fit the rules, they will demand £100 a day from you. This is not a joke, the robbing swine have found a way to punish the innocent yet again.

The rules on driving autos in foreign lands, I have no idea.

Accommodation, bed & breakfast places in Suffolk, where Ipswich is, not too expensive by British standards. The usual cheap identical hotel chains have branches everywhere, but I find it's nicer to stay in a proper b&b, it's more welcoming.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
And what is your musical taste? We must look after your evenings.
-----------------------------------------------
Driving up through Kent, the south eastern bit of England, there are airfields, museums, castles, but if you go into London, be aware of the London Emission Zone. If your car doesn't fit the rules, they will demand £100 a day from you. This is not a joke, the robbing swine have found a way to punish the innocent yet again.

The rules on driving autos in foreign lands, I have no idea.

Accommodation, bed & breakfast places in Suffolk, where Ipswich is, not too expensive by British standards. The usual cheap identical hotel chains have branches everywhere, but I find it's nicer to stay in a proper b&b, it's more welcoming.
==========================================
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, Ludwig the Second!

Just as I forget on old dreams, or put them on ice, or in dream-box - you or Anne or some nice people from this forum - remind me on them!
--- ---
Music, not any problem - only do not like punk, or heavy-metal, or any satanic style - but, hen you ask: I prefer evergreens and everywhere local folk songs! Only, not to ask me to sing or dance!
--- ---
Traffic problems - only driving on left side of the roads and streets! For the first planed voyage to UK, I made some sketches that could help me and would keep it in front of me... The most important sign: KEEP LEFT! But, then I was young: 27-28 years old!
--- ---
Restriction in cities for entrance of old smoking autos - I knew from news and internet and some friends with old diesel campers...
--- ---

B&B should be the best!

Anyway, good to have some information: we never know what future planed for us!

Zoran

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
From Mark Daniels of Mopedland: "I already send stuff all over the world, including customers already in America and Switzerland (and Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Iceland, Azores, Indonesia, Canada, South Africa, Bermuda, Hawaii .... everywhere! ).
International postage can be quite reasonable sometimes. Big cases, complete bikes and cars we send by consolidated seafreight, but medium packages by standby airfreight courier.
Regards ... Danny."

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ludwig,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]All of the components offered for sale at their web-site are wonderful! Some of them could be consider as necessary for ultralight motorised vehicle, but some would give high level of classic style...
We shall see one day if any of them could find a way to Swiss (for my very uncertain project)?
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran [/FONT]

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Today we found out that the New Hudson forks are a dead fit in the Raleigh frame, which is a blessing. The brake shoes are dead and the drum needs skimming back to some sort of true.

There was a bit of time spent messing about making up brackets for the engine mount and we've now got a good pair of rims as well to go with the period tyres. I need to find an old fashioned looking tank, and I have searchers scouring the length and breadth of the land for one.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Doug reckons he has a drawer full of shoes, so it's no big deal and there's a small industry remanufacturing parts if he has nothing that fits.

The tank is a bother right now, I might end up with a Chinese if all else fails until I can get the right sort of thing.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Great news about the brake shoes. As usual the gas tank is the stumbling block. We always seem to be stuck with the pimple an an elephant backside peanut tank or sheer luck in finding a vintage one that looks great.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If I can't find one, we'll make one. The options there are oval tube under the top tube, 2 square tubes either side of the top tube, or a Miele style box tank under the headstock, same as this Victoria.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ludwig,

Thank you for the connection to the oil/gas tank. The Miele tank is interesting. I looked through my saved files and found a company that sells the domed ends as well as flat and flat recessed ends and all the parts to make and install the tank.

You will need to supply the 5" or 6" tubing. The company does have a rather flattering name.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...g.com/&usg=AFQjCNEJbKxGtv3b87UDs_1JxoWUr4HGAw

Steve.