Connecticut Motorized Bicycle Rally and Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Re: Connecticut MB Rally and Ride

Don't feel bad, after you feel the springs or lack of in the seat, you will be saying " **** what the **** did I ever do to him"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LS,
Wish I had a rack that could carry two bikes. I have another bike just sitting in the basement that I have nicknamed old faithful. However my rack will only carry one MB.
My downsized car cannot pull my trailer. I'll never forgive my old pontiac for giving up at 200k. Guess I should have put an Ht in it.

Arrrghhh! I love that trailer! (sorry about the car)

Your trailer is prof no matter how old we get, we don't have to grow up!

I still think it needs a handle! snork

Schwinn the Fox

Aug 13, 2010
Stafford Springs, CT

So the rally is tomorrow :D I cant wait! I have a ride route we can take. It includes going through downtown, and a scenic road. I do advise making sure your breakes are good :) You never know when you need to stop. Im bringing that up because Im tuning up my breaks right now. Cant wait to see all you guys again.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA

So the rally is tomorrow :D I cant wait! I have a ride route we can take. It includes going through downtown, and a scenic road. I do advise making sure your breakes are good :) You never know when you need to stop. Im bringing that up because Im tuning up my breaks right now. Cant wait to see all you guys again.
I can't think of a time when good well adjusted brakes properly applied hurt anyone. Unless your the type that likes to tempt fate!

PS: I only have a coaster brake. It works fine but makes you tend to be a little more alert!

Schwinn the Fox

Aug 13, 2010
Stafford Springs, CT

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!! I found out why my clutch has been acting up. My clutch cable is broken at the handle, and its hanging on by one piece of steel thread. Does anyone have another clutch cable? Or does anyone have any bicycle cable with an end that looks like this?

Not the cable on the bottom, but the one above it. I need one with a cylinder shape at the end. Please Help!!! X(

Schwinn the Fox

Aug 13, 2010
Stafford Springs, CT

Ugh... hopefully there isant a baseball game today... if there is, then the parking lot will be filled... not to worry though :) If that happens, then we will just need to claim a chunk of parking lot for ourselvs.Everyone knows its a public park, its ok to use for whatever reason. It was not put there for the intention to part the vehicles of baseball players. They have their own parking lot up the street (that they never use)... either way, everyone knows that this rally is today and Stafford Park and Rec knows about it, so the parking lot shouldnt be an issue. I dont mind if cars use the parking lot, but if we dont get there first, we wont have any room XD

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA

It was good that there were no breakdowns and for the most part the long rides were at max throttle.
Glad Trax brought the cooler it was a life saver. He didn't even spill it(must have praticed at home LOL).

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

This is so so bad but we left some one 2 miles back broke down. We did count but turned out we got it wrong! Most every one had left by the time he got back.

At these things, we gotta start exchanging cell #s. The poor guy pushed his MB for 2 miles uphill to get back.

His piston blew.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA

I'm gonna try to be super organized with taking counts at the very least. It was a great time! Thank you so much to Fox for organizing a fun day and to Tom for letting me borrow your bike! Can't wait to see all of you next week!

Thanks for the pics Russell :)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA

Dam,
I know the feeling, I broke down at the Pa. rally. However I was able to bum a ride from a stranger.

We have just got to do a better job on keeping count.

We did try to keep circeling back and checking for break downs, just sliped up somewhere.

We need to have some of the slower bikes up front to avoid all of the streching out of the riders. Perhaps a few more regrouping stops.

Who was riding this black bike?

Attachments

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

Dam,
I know the feeling, I broke down at the Pa. rally. However I was able to bum a ride from a stranger.

We have just got to do a better job on keeping count.
I thought of you when I read about that. This year I want to give everyone that rides my cell number & have a chase vehicle ride in back to pick up bikes that break down. We're coming to Luke's (LS614) rally next Sunday. Sounds like you all had a great time.
Jay

Last edited: