Clutch issue

GoldenMotor.com

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
Just got new motor from eBay this is my second build. The bike rolls freely when I press clutch and release it. It always rolls freely. Removed all 3 sprockets to check the keys all fine. Still does the same thing not sure what to do

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
The clutch engages but when I let go it still rolls like it's engaged when it isn't

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
I also disconnected the clutch cable completely and the bike and chain still roll

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
Check and see if the clutch plate is stuck to the pucks. Sometimes new engines kinda glue themselves together and you have to whack it with a rubber mallet or something.
Thanks I tried that also. Took the entire clutch apart checked spring and put it back together still doing it. The spring on the shaft was so tight loosened it. A little better but still rolls without pressing clutch

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If the small gear is moving and the engine is not turning over either the key under the gear is broke or missing, the compression should provide resistance to make the clutch freewheel.

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
If the small gear is moving and the engine is not turning over either the key under the gear is broke or missing, the compression should provide resistance to make the clutch freewheel.
I can turn the small great with my hand and it moves the Piston up and down.

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
So is the piston going up & down when you roll the back wheel?

You need to post some pictures because you're not making much sense.
the sprocket that the chain is attached to is not supposed to turn unless you squeeze the clutch.mine turns no matter what whether you squeeze a clutch or let go of the clutch

Mars4

Feb 9, 2020
the sprocket that the chain is attached to is not supposed to turn unless you squeeze the clutch.mine turns no matter what whether you squeeze a clutch or let go of the clutch
Maybe I'm wrong but that's how the other bike is that I built