Classic low style seat question

Discussion in 'Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles' started by Ancient Order, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Ancient Order

Ancient Order New Member

I'm trying to convert my cruiser into a classic looking board tracker. I've already cut the handlebars and got a shiny new headlight, but I can't seem to find the types of seats where the post hole is up at the front. Is there a way to do that to a normal seat or can you get them somewhere?

Thanks!

2. chainmaker

chainmaker New Member

A lay-back seat post is prob. what you are looking for, they put the rider position back a few inches.

3. Ancient Order

Ancient Order New Member

something like this.shft.

Attached Files:

4. JohnThomas Sorrels

JohnThomas Sorrels New Member

Yep, that's a layback seat post. They are very simple to make if you can weld, otherwise Sportsman Flyer sells them.

5. Ancient Order

Ancient Order New Member

Ahhhh much thanks!

6. truckd

truckd Active Member

You might even try an alternative to the brooks saddle as well, try a Gyes you can get them at either
    www.crowcycleco.com
    [custommotoredbicycles.com[
    I have 5 of the Gyes Cruiser at 11"x10" and they are Waaaayyy Better! then a Brooks

#6 truckd, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. harry76

harry76 New Member

Waaaaaayyyy better then a Brooks????? "What you talkin bout Willis?" :)

8. truckd

truckd Active Member

Did you read the whole thread?? Saddles, seats, buttbusters, drawJammers, I don't know what you call them over there in Australia.
    Yha Waaayyy!! Better

9. harry76

harry76 New Member

They are "Seats" here in OZ, I know the Gyes is real leather but IMO they don't look anywhere as good as a Brooks, I can't comment on the feel of them as I've never sat on one, but I think the leather looks cheaper on the Gyes. But hey I'm no expert, just an observation.

10. truckd

truckd Active Member

The leather is thicker and is even covered with Kevlar on the bottom Gyes are Great saddles stop wasting bigg $$ on a brooks at least check them out I ordered one from the Gyes Co over seas and they went out of there way to get me a saddle of my choice and color as a result of their effort to service me I now have the only one of that particular design and color in the whole world, left my camera in Los Angeles at my nieces house or I'd take a picture of it and post it
    My bikes are quality Harry as you've seen and I won't put crap on them or recommend crap either I think A.O. should check them out

11. harry76

harry76 New Member

I haven't even spent as much as a Gyes, I buy them secondhand and restore them.... $30 is the most I've spent, and they have way more character IMO..... But you may very well be right about the Gyes. I have enough seats at home that I'll never buy a new one. But your right AO should check them and make his own mind up