Cheap B@stard Dyno Build- HF79

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
No further progress. I thought about parting It out to pay for Whizzer parts but didn't do that. One of these days I'll get back on it. I love the Whizzer but this bike has a pretty cool look to it, I think.
Lemme know if you are thinking about parting it out. I would be very interested in the motor mount set up. I am picking up a dyno glide this weekend and already have my 79cc.....

UtiliD

May 11, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
1st I know this is an old thread.

Wow 7 pages of posts then plop. I feel like I was walking to the front door to pick up Cowboys cheerleader for our 1st date and a bird flying overhead let loose right on to my favorite shirt.

Really liked your commentary and everyones involvement on this project.

Understand there was rust issues with the frame but, was a bit miffed that a Von Franco went from that tangerine to black yish.
Other thing is spoke calculators are really easy to use and when you buy spokes you shouldnt have to grind or cut anything.

I started reading this post because I found a Von Franco for sale and was trying to figure out if it was worth buying for a build. After you broke down thd frame I realized its basically the same as my regular Dyno Glide cruiser(aside from mine having a 1" steerer tube no big though) which I am now eccstatic to build. Its going to need a full paint strip from lots of chipping. I will not be painting it black its a dyno & I believe deserves better.

Jay

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
1st I know this is an old thread.

Wow 7 pages of posts then plop. I feel like I was walking to the front door to pick up Cowboys cheerleader for our 1st date and a bird flying overhead let loose right on to my favorite shirt.

Really liked your commentary and everyones involvement on this project.

Understand there was rust issues with the frame but, was a bit miffed that a Von Franco went from that tangerine to black yish.
Other thing is spoke calculators are really easy to use and when you buy spokes you shouldnt have to grind or cut anything.

I started reading this post because I found a Von Franco for sale and was trying to figure out if it was worth buying for a build. After you broke down thd frame I realized its basically the same as my regular Dyno Glide cruiser(aside from mine having a 1" steerer tube no big though) which I am now eccstatic to build. Its going to need a full paint strip from lots of chipping. I will not be painting it black its a dyno & I believe deserves better.

Jay
You need any help just let me know, Dyno bikes are my forte. jeff

UtiliD

May 11, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
You need any help just let me know, Dyno bikes are my forte. jeff
Thanks I already have a set of sunlite dual springers(the really tall ones that fit occ choppers. Ive got the fork worked out with a headset spacer and a dual bolt seatpost clamp to raise up the crown race). Lucked on to the forks for $75 on amazon.
I have a set of wheels from a Worksman urban Commuter I got the entire bike for $125. The wheels are stupid thick alloy with 11g SS spokes. Front wheel is a worksman sealed bearing drum brake hub. The rear is a 3 speed nexus with trigger shifter!
Im making a custom seat that will sit in suspension sissy bars (been brain storming ideas of how to make this have a sweet rear suspension)... any ideas?

If I dont go 49cc 4 stroke & SBP Shift kit I'll go electric and still with shift kit.

The Dyno is actually my next build right now im working on a Nirve Smoking Loon promotional bike. I put downhill triple tree suspension forks and a nexus 7 on it. Ive got my SBP 4stroke shift kit w heavy duty front freewheel and 49cc huasheng tapered shaft/ belt drive tranny.

Any way I'll start build threads for both and will definitely be referencing your work and welcoming any help along the way thanks.

UtiliD

May 11, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
You can see my place is a mess. Moving these to my huddies shop this week. These are just mocked up (and still need tweaking) just getting a feel for them. That banana seat was free just wanted to get the sissy bars I got for $23 on(they aren't going to cut it). I love both bikes.

Attachments