1. Sorry for any interruption today/tomorrow. We'll be upgrading the site software. The usability will be very similar, as it's just an upgraded version of the same software. It's a necessary upgrade for security purposes. The exact timing is a little uncertain as there are a few moving parts. The most likely time that we will be taking the site down will be Wed 6/3 around 9am EST. The upgrade should take 2-3 hours. Thanks for your patience through the update.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap awesome fatbike.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Swap And Shop Sales' started by MopedLover, Mar 2, 2014.

1. MopedLover

MopedLover New Member

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bid/4348947978.html

I would so get one if I had the transportation to Phoenix.

Only downside would be the fact that even though the bike has good enough clearance for the motor, the tires are so thick that it has to be jack shafted.

But then it's a single speed so jackshaft would be totally wasted.

I wonder if these wheels will take multi-speed cassettes

2. paul

paul Well-Known Member

great looking bike and would make a heck of a motorized bicycle except for what you mentioned also no front brake which i believe is a necessity on any motorized bicycle and preferably disk brakes, i sure do like that fat bikes though.

3. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Well-Known Member

local guy does it with no jsckshaft and no clearance for engine.....

Attached Files:

4. racie35

racie35 Active Member

walmart sells one cheap too...cool looking bikes

5. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

They really do look cool with the ape hangers. Normally I'm not a big fan of them but kinda striking on that bike.

I have never built with a fat tired bike so am not sure but think the hubs are extra wide as well so you would not need a jack shaft.
    Do wonder about off setting the drive chain to the left, though. LOL, jackshaft out? (left)

6. MopedLover

MopedLover New Member

Those are hard to motorize though due to lack of clearance and fat tire interfering with the chain. Need chopping + jackshafting or special mount for that mongoose one