Centrifugal Clutch Acquisition!

GoldenMotor.com

Mighty_Max

Nov 20, 2013
Wisconsin
I have looked almost everywhere to find a centrifugal clutch kit for sale on the internet and while several sites have them posted for sale, all of them are out of stock. Can anyone help me hunt one down?

SchwinnStingray

Apr 1, 2014
Australia
What motor are you chasing one for?
There are a few different ones.
FWIW I am waiting for my sample to arrive for the HT conversion, these differ as they have gear and not a chain cog etc.

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
I've got a couple of 5/8", 11 tooth centrifugal clutches on my bench and an adapter plate if you want to try that. Go to My Albums "From Barry's Shop" to see the plate.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Boygoesfast on ebay sells them for about $35
They have a one way clutch in them as well so the bike can still be pedal started but the one way bearing quality is poor on these China Girl centrifugal clutches and may need some reworking to make it work right. I needed to put the shaft extension in the lathe and shave it down about a thousanth at a time until it slid on and worked properly, then took it back apart once it fit to polish the shaft extension where the bearing rollers ride.

Mighty_Max

Nov 20, 2013
Wisconsin
As of 4 minutes ago, i have purchased a centrifugal clutch, pull start, and clutch puller! Thank you Davezilla for your post, it has litterally solved all of my bike problems. This is pretty much the last phase of my bike build where i add aftermarket stuff to see what happens. So far, i have a shift kit, new NT carb with high airflow filter (instead of cns), all aluminum throttle handle, and tuned expansion chamber. This was the last thing i needed to finish this build!

Last edited:
I've got a couple of 5/8", 11 tooth centrifugal clutches on my bench and an adapter plate if you want to try that. Go to My Albums "From Barry's Shop" to see the plate.
First off, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, or has been covered elsewhere, but I've been searching, and have not been able to find it.

I'm a bit confused about the CVT choices out there. I've got a Predator 212, (older Ver. if that matters) and I'm looking at all the choices out there. On eBay, there are some that are as little as $114, and others as much as $249! I know the general rule; "You get what you pay for" usually applies, but then I found yet another website GoKartsUSA, and they've got a "special" cvt, with what they call an "adaptor" for the predator engine's offset shaft. Since the lower priced ver. represents 10% of my monthly income, (disabled Veteran, on a VERY fixed income), I cannot afford to make mistakes.

I guess my first question is obvious; which cvt should I buy? I am going with a stock build, since I'm a newb at this. and secondly I'm in Puerto Rico and local group support is limited, as is the availability of parts, unless I order online.

If I do eventually remove the gov. I'll prob only go so far as to change out the flywheel, but leave the rest stock. As far as my power needs, you could say they are modest; I'm a laid back cruiser kind of guy, and even though we've got some hellatious hills here, I won't be needing to power up them too fast, because they're most often accompanied by sharp turns. On the straights, I'd be happy cruising about 45 & seeing the sights, but to have a burst of speed in an emergency would not be unwelcome. With my "Power needs profile" stated, what would be the suggestion on a cvt and chain size... I've in mind, building a stretch frame cruiser, with both gas and pedal power, so true moped. I'm looking at either a Worksman wheel, laced to a dual hub, for chain drive on both sides, or a used moped wheel, that has the same setup already on it.

My next question is about that website; gokartsusa... I've not heard anyone "talk" (write) of them, so I don't know if they're reputable, in providing the goods purchased, OR if what they're saying about a "special" adapter needed for the HF Predator 212 shaft.

That page is here:
http://gokartsusa.com/Comet-TAV2-GTC-Torque-Converter-Predator.aspx

I was going to remove the gov and flywheel, but the flywheel is stuck on harder than I am comfortable with beating on it, so I'll leave it on for now...

Any and all advice on this subject would be most welcome, just contact me. Thanks to all, in advance!

Mac-
.trk