can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The Mag rotor came apart? That is very strange.
If so it still should be not too difficult to remove if you can get the individual plates to align again. Remove the stator (charging coil) first. Trust me on this one, it makes things alot easier.
Before doing anything, mark the stator with a permanent pen to indicate which side faces out. It is all to easy to install it backwards and doing so will crush the wires against the engine case ruining the stator. When pulling the stator out you will be fighting the magnetic power of the rotor. It can be a pain in the butt.

Remove the nut from the shaft and use a battery terminal puller to pull the rotor off of the shaft. Battery terminal pullers are dirt cheap at alot of pawn shops and really not too expensive at auto parts stores.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Press fit jets and press fit nozzles in carburetors, how do you tell if they are permanent or can they be removed and installed with new ones?

Thanks

MT

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
M T:
NT carburetors (the type that zearo has) do not have a press fit jet. The fuel jet threads into the longer needle jet (some folks call it a jet holder) and the needle jet threads into the carburetor body.

If you are not dealing with an NT carburetor and actually questioning about some other carburetor, such as a modern EPA/ CARB compliant lawnmower carburetor, the press fit jets in those are considered permanent.
Thank the EPA and the CARB for that.

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
dirt in the float but today was a very bad day the rear motor mount bolt broke and took motor off bike motor front mount broke off at block and did motor in and killed back rim took out half the spokes it was a very bad way to stop motor done no fix $135 trashed going back to riding bicycle the old way give up on gas power bikes

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
A boost bottle's hose installs on the intake manifold. You will need to either install a hose barb on your existing manifold or buy a manifold that already has one.
The bottle itself attaches to the bicycle frame wherever you want it to go.

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
iam back wife got me a new bike and motor got a boy go fast 80cc motor kit is there any thing i should replace before i put it together going on a large frame bike

Last edited:

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
took motor out of box it not new but used where the rear mount bolt on there 4 stud broke off where they tried to drill them out a mess is there any way to save motor it runs good but the rear mount a mess on block

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
THANKS wife payed for a new kit but we got a used one tried to get some to get what we payed for but they would cut us off then would not take any calls looked at the two thread you sent me going to us thing from both i also have parts from motor that i had i did order the bolt kit from sick bike parts its on the way thanks for the info

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
got motor on bike pulled motor apart to see what the inside looked like it new but where the rear motor mount is someone drilled to many hole in it going to let it set till i get bolt from sick bike parts then break it in thank for the info

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
Got bike going motor working good got bolt from sick bike parts but them on road about 50 miles the rear mount bolt broke off in motor fixed that but new bolt in went about 10 miles broke both off in block motor is tight when mounted does not move mount fit right no space dont know what else to do live in pa cant find a shop that works on them

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
That pot metal, white metal, aluminum of sort that does not hold up good or repairs good is a tough one.

I have heard of people using a type of low temperature stuff I think called aluma-weld, I saw the info-mersals a while back.

I spoke with the guy at a weld shop who sells the stuff and he thinks it is not that strong. Others here on this site have used successfully I think I have heard.

The one thing I have had success is with thread repairing white metal castings, is using a Helicoil. At first I had a machine shop install one for $15 but that was 25 years ago, so what it cost now I’m not sure. Note the Helicoils cannot be used if the hole is widened too much. A larger Helicoil could be use then if there is enough clearance and a larger stud or bolt is used, but that would have to be determined first.

http://www.helicoil.in/

You can find the at auto parts stores and a lot of online places sell them.

The drill bits are not your standard drill sizes and it is best to get the one made specifically for the Helicoil you are using. The tool for inserting and the drill bits are part of the kits that are sold.

Different lengths and also through hole or non-through hole type (tangless) are available.

I even used one to seal permanently a mistake. I applied a coating of high temperature red RTV on the inside of the insert after installing it. I also applied some of it to the bolt and let it dry.

No more daylight showing through the opening into the crankcase! NO leaks too:)

MT

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
Hey norm
I have a leak coming from the base gasket of the head never changed one
before, just thought you may know the tricks.
I have built several of these bikes have had one on the road for the past
6 years but always like to ask questions prior.

thanks for sharing your knoledge

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
Thanks for the info but i can not get the bolt to stop breaking in block got ones from sick bike part and broke them in a few miles the mount fits good on seat post