can i get a light?

GoldenMotor.com

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
:ride::ride:()so is there a wire on motor that will run a light? I use a battery light now and it would be way cool if it ran off the motor. if so, will it bog the motor down at all..(take engine power away) jeff
let me know

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes and yes. The white wire is the lighting wire...don't turn any lights on until your bike is running and warmed up.

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
does it work well> where is a good place to pick up a light that can run off the engine power?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I am a big believer in battery power for the China engines with weak magnetos.

I just bought a Bell LED front and back set-up for $14. REALLY bright, really nice switched options. I may rig it with an RC battery pack, but stock it's good. I am also rigging a Norm light with batteries. With a strong engine and good light batteries it makes sense not to use the magneto.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Norm light = cool

I'm making my bracket today. I'll snap some picks with my battery pack for my UFO lighted bike when I get it all rigged up. To bad it doesn't get dark until 10:30 PM!!

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
Lighting is the $64 question on everyones minds. The info available is plentifull. What I have been able too find out for myself... Take it with a grain of salt..
The white wire works fine for a constant tail light made of three led lights. two 5mm 1.8v, and one 10mm 2.4v in the middle wired + to -, giving you a 6v taillight. From what I have read, the magneto wont last as long with the drain of a headlight of any worth.. I know that statement will upset many people, but keep in mind, I ride in the open desert on unlit roads where darkness takes on a whole new meening.. And I beat my throttle like a red headed step child at K mart. I need to really see whats in front of me. I almost hit a big horn sheep once. And the argument of wide view or tight beam is another issue.. I have not seen Norms light, I have heard good things. But for my personal level of satisfaction. Nothing beats a good 12v battery and generator combo. I hope to scrape up the cash for one soon. A nice 12v generator with a dry cell backup would be great. I am now running twin 7.2v flashlight bulbs in 1895 light housing with convex lense. Lasts about 1.5hrs. charges in 1hr. and its easy to carry up to 3 batterys. bulbs are staggered. one close to lense up high, the other way in back center. it gives me both a beam, and a wide view. Not the greatest still, but better than anything I have seen so far that runs on the white wire. I have also had good results with 10mm led lights. Its just my opinion

Attachments

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I've been using a Norm headlight and tail light for a year now. They work "GREAT". I have had no problems with them at all. They make plenty of light, especially the large one. It is like a spotlight. It works very well. The small one works great to, just not quite as big a beam. I don't have to mess with batteries or chargers or anything like that. I just start the engine let it warm up a little and turn the light on and go. It works very well. Read what you want about white wire lights but I have one and use one and it works.............

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
normans light is bright very bright. like having a motorcycle headlight. i was very happy with mine. if my titan had a white wire i would be putting one on this bike in a second

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
normans light is bright very bright. like having a motorcycle headlight. i was very happy with mine. if my titan had a white wire i would be putting one on this bike in a second
Now you guys have me wanting Norman's big unit. My dual lights are pretty good tough. Strangely because the are so different I can get the right kind of lighting.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Bikeguyjoe
I fully agree with you there is no way for the lights to harm the ignition system that I make.
Curiser if you want a light on your titan you can use my light and mount a 6 volt battery to it wet or dry its up to you. One advantage of a 6 volt wet cell is its rechargable. I could get you a holder for a dry cell battery as I have a few laying around. Either light I make will work on the battery system.
Norman

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Thats pretty cool, I just ordered a lamp assm to try to make my own.......Thanks norm for the info. Dug deep and came up with what i needed to know If it does not work i will order 1 of yours.

Greg

barret

Jul 6, 2008
Boise, ID USA
Yes and yes. The white wire is the lighting wire...don't turn any lights on until your bike is running and warmed up.
You guys keep talking about a light working off of a "white wire". I was aiming to get a light (like Norm's) that runs off the engine, and even though I may simply go with Pablo's original Bell LED light (cheap @ $14), I'm still perplexed at my engine and the elusive white wire.

My engine has a red and black wire that, if either is interupted, will kill the engine. Then it has, of course, the thin black ground that goes to the kill switch. Can anyone explain why my engine is different? [I also noticed that CRUISER mentioned something about an engine with no white wire, either...]

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Consult your paperwork, Dax even said there are alot of Chinese companys putting out theese motor and you just happened to get one that is a little different. I'm guessing Most not all have a white wire for Aux lights and such. Put a small Volt meter on that black wire and see if there is voltage.