Cafe Creme - my Boardtracker project.

GoldenMotor.com

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
Well that's THIRD "leave it to me no problem" welder who has let me down. He's only had the frame since Feb. 3rd. and when I eventually got hold of him .... "Sorry I've been very busy ".

However, my machinist has said he will do it for me.

Also on my **** list is the guy who was going to make the Edoardo Bianchi chassis plate - remember him ? After 3 months he got back to me to say he wasn't going to do it due to possible copyright infringements !! E-B stopped making motorcycles in 1951 and NEVER made a Boardtracker.

Anyway, I've now found a guy that WILL produce anything you want as long as it's for personal use and not for re-sale.

He produced and delivered a sample in 3 days and is now making the finished article together with mounting hammer rivets and the E-B logo.

Can't compliment this guy enough - happy to pass on his details .

Attachments

Last edited:

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Sadly had to collect my frame today from welder #3 ............... on the plus side my macine shop guy said to drop it off to him this week - 4th. time lucky ?

Finished my fuel cell off although I wanted a matt finish I decided to clear coat it with petrol resistant lacquer. I'll have to clear coat the other Light Ivory parts as well now to match.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
I decided to clear coat the matt finish Celeste Blue and Light Ivory as the matt finish was getting grubby with finger marks and odd minor scracthes.

First up the modified BSA Bantam fork legs ............. OK so far.

I used satin clear to try to get a bit of "age" into the finish.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Final coat of clear - ready for eventual assembly.

"Tank" with final topcoat of Light Ivory Matt .... but will now also receive clear coat to match the other parts.

Next job is to fit the Edoardo Bianchi tank decals before clear coat.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Finally got the hand oil pumps sorted with brackets and have been polished. They will be hooked up as breathers so they look operational.

Rear brake arm from my spare Honda XLR250 rear wheel fortunately the same spline fitting.

Still debating with myself whether to bright zinc passivate or paint ????

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Bakelite was a common knob material with metal thread inserts. I have a couple in one of my bins.
Quick look found these. Amazon.com: Bakelite Lever Knob,5pcs M10*35 Threaded Handling Round Ball Knob Black,for Machine Tool Replacement : Industrial & Scientific
Likely they can be found in what we call a Hardware Store.

Tom
Thanx Tom, yes period correct ....... I had a BSA 500cc Split port single when i was a kid [15 ] and that had a hand gearchange with bakelight knob. A neighbour took the chair off the bike to fit to his brand new Pride and Clarke Panther sloper and gave the BSA to me !!