Cafe Creme - my Boardtracker project.

GoldenMotor.com

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
The brass handlebar levers never materialised and I got my money back after 2 months of waiting. Second set were absolute rubbish, so I bought some black alloy ones.

Too modern and the black was just ... wrong.

So while I'm waiting to see if anything more suitable turns up - I've primered them and sprayed Celeste Blue together with the QA twistgrip !! It was dark when I finished and the flash washed out some of the true colour - but they really pop

Bars are powder coated Light Ivory

Attachments

Bob53

Jan 8, 2015
Cleveland, OK
Hi Bob, hope you guys made it through the storm without damage or loss...
Rick C.
Hi Rick. We're good. A lot of broken limbs all around town. Went to Tulsa and WOW!!! That storm traveled about 20 miles breaking stuff as it went. Portland is this coming week. We leave out tomorrow morning. You should really try to make it sometime. I guarantee it's an experience you would love. Bob

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Whooopppeeee - frame now welded !!!

Entrusting it previously to 3 other "welders" who didn't do the job has now set me back 12 months.

The same guy has also made stainless steel retaining collars for the headers and is getting them tig welded onto the exhaust pipes.

For some unaccountable reason the P.O. removed the cam chain tensioning screw from one of the cylinders and I didn't notice until months later when I did a mock up in my garage.

They are no longer available OEM from Yamaha and I haven't been able to locate one on Ebay or other sources- so, he's going to make one for me.

Big shout out for Stansbie Engineering here in the UK.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
I've watched most of the videos on this.. And his frame building.. he doesn't show the one where the throttle sticks and he's 6' in the air tumbling down the beach... Dented he lived to ride again... Something to check out
Thanx for that link ........ good to see the loonies are still thriving - hope for me yet.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
The final piece of deception - my Edoardo Bianchi engine number plaque has arrived and will be sited on the original Virago eng.# pad secured with blind brass rivets.

Now I have the replacement cam chain tensioner and spring the the P.O. removed [ ?? ] the engine can be jet washed and prepped for the H-D wrinkle black paint ...... just saving up for that [ how muckin futch !!! ]

The Amal Concentric [ 22mm ] has arrived [ one of two ] and I found a brand new Triumph Trophy twin carb stub that I can mod onto another copper [ plumbing ] bend to make up the manifold fitting for the Virago "Y" intake.

I'll use my favourite JB Bond resin putty to attach the copper bend to the Trophy intake stub.

The Concentric is much simpler to set up than the SU and parts [ jets, slides, needles etc. ] are a quarter of the price of SU bits - plus readily available secondhand.

Because the 622 body series is not as popular [ or expensive ] as the 900 series they are much cheaper - I just bought two complete and in good condition for £40.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
All done, no problems. The copper plumbing elbow has been resin bonded to the Amal stub manifold and it's all fitted up on the engine with the modified support struts from the SU set up.

Attachments

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
The Amal was a better choice Bc, SU's have a reputation for detuning at first opportunity. Volvo owners were cursing them back in the day. Some Harley enthusiasts in the States learned how to make their life miserable.

Tom

Reactions: fasteddy