Cafe Creme - my Boardtracker project.

GoldenMotor.com

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
Knew those BMW Kay bars would come in handy one day ............ just a bit of heat to bend the ends down and back a bit. They will be powder coated anyway.

Fitted the NOS spacer block - everything clears . And another arrival - this time from the manufacturers of Royal Enfield India.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Since I started this project I always had a mental picture of what I wanted it to look like, including the colourways which were to be Coffee and Cream.

However a biking [ pedal ] pal of mine pointed out the the corporate colours for Edoardo Bianchi are Celeste Blue !!!

I've managed to translate that into a RAL colour - 6027 - which I can get in a satin cellulose finish.

I've also found a cream to go with that [ wheels and accessories ], just tracking down a RAL code for that.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
When you are creating a Phantom, it's the details that are important.

No such animal available these days as Footrest pedals ...................... solution, create your own !

Chinabay pedals { £10.00 pr. ]. Dismantle, drill out the centres of the repro Edoardo Bianchi pedal rubbers and reassemble .......................... hey presto, fake authentic era pedals.

Attachments

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Why thank you kindly Steve, I'd like to think that any of the Old Timers of the day would approve.

Oh ....... this just arrived this afternoon - repro Burman hand change for early 1900's BSA. I'm planning on hooking up the foot change to it as well. Pulling off might be a bit of a challenge with hand clutch as well !! Have plans for a "real" wood handle / knob.
Nice build going on here. Pretty certain that hand shifter and quadrant are one of Parkwood Products excellent range of vintage/veteran repro parts. Am I right? Could have done with finding out about PP when I was looking for exactly that hand shifter while I was building my Gnome Rhone special. Would have saved me searching for and buying a broken/rusted original GR quadrant from a guy in France which I ended up using as a pattern from which a new steel quadrant was fabbed.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Here's some goodies I collected a few years ago when I was contemplating building a Boardtracker.

The 2 gallon petrol can will be used as the actual fuel cell mounted low behind the engine and the tank is a dummy [ shape to be modified ] and all the squitter will be hidden underneath - battery, ECU, fuel pump, coils, etc. I have another fuel can which has been cut down to give about 1 1/2 galls.

I've found someone that can do realistic Brass powder coating. Carb body and float, tappet covers and a few odd bits.
Scanning through these pics of your build's vintique 'accoutrements' is like playing a game of Snap. We share the same ideas when it comes to tribute builds. Build on! (^)

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Nice build going on here. Pretty certain that hand shifter and quadrant are one of Parkwood Products excellent range of vintage/veteran repro parts. Am I right? Could have done with finding out about PP when I was looking for exactly that hand shifter while I was building my Gnome Rhone special. Would have saved me searching for and buying a broken/rusted original GR quadrant from a guy in France which I ended up using as a pattern from which a new steel quadrant was fabbed.
yes the very one ! I too searched through French Ebay and Classic listings, and gave up before I found PP.
Needs some work to give it the period look, but cheap as chips as a basis to work from.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Scanning through these pics of your build's vintique 'accoutrements' is like playing a game of Snap. We share the same ideas when it comes to tribute builds. Build on! (^)
I fear I have been overtaken in my bid to create a "Phantom" Edoardo Bianchi bike and accessories. I'm really please with the way the fuel cell is shaping up [ ex.Valor paraffin can ! ] .
Pix soon. Thanx ffor the encouragement !!

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
First stages in converting the Valor paraffin can to a fuel cell - the original handles were removed together with top section of the pourer [ to become breather ].

When I was throwing out my old belts I came across this one with "Milano" on it - what's the chances of that !!!!!! That ewill be used for a fake hold down strap.

Also removing the Yamaha ident on the oil filter cover, now filled in and flatted off ready for paint and application of a 1900's medal I found on EBay

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Been out and braved the frost this morning. Not ideal temp for spraying, but it's only the first coat of primer filler.

This is the medallion I got to go over the Virago logo on the oil filter housing.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Now you see it - now you don't. First stage in converting the BMX crank set into mountings for the Phantom Edoardo Bianchi pedals.

In the end quite straightforward to remove the chainwheel set from the crank as it was just staked on. Ten minutes with the grinder and all done.

Attachments