Briggs bike build

GoldenMotor.com

ducatiluke

Jan 20, 2009
los angeles/ south australia
clutch works really well and is quiet

compact and reliable

only issue is i origionally used a aluminum front pully
steel is alot better because its more slippery and therefor doesnt burn out the belt
since changing it to steel i have not had an issue

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thats cool man, thanks for the pics, but so not to hijack the thread you should (if you havent already) start a thread. Id be interested in seeing and knowing more. It must handle well with the motor mounted that low. This build seems to have a lot of unique touches. Nice job man

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Steel front pulley slips more? Never thought about it, but thanks, that may help me out. I have an alloy front pulley and im having issues with the belt gripping when i want it to slip. I may try and find a steel one

ducatiluke

Jan 20, 2009
los angeles/ south australia
the bike handles very well and is fast i had a sturmy archer 3 speed hub in the rear wheel for a while the thing was crazy it monoed in first and had amazing acceleration
i might have to resurect it just got into adelaide from LA

and its sitting in back yard in the rain for the last few years

engine mods
include removing decomressor
higer compression porting big carbi
open exhaust
check out my youtube
my briggs & stratton motorized bicycle bike - YouTube

oppanoia

Oct 20, 2010
Costa Mesa, CA
Well back on the topic of the thread.. msrfan and I got a lot done on my bike today. The belts are almost a perfect fit, we had to crimp the frame and do some more machining on the clutch arm and main drive pulley to have enough clearance for the rear belt. I had the seat post welded but after putting it on the bike I think the seat still sits to high(more r&d) . The last picture is of the reverse side if the slipper clutch, the set screws allow you to adjust the sag out of the clutch keeping the alignment from the main drive to the wheel as straight as possible. The set up is untested but I know it will work great. Also installed the tension spring. All and all a very productive day ,thanks a lot to my midway city pal!!

Attachments

Last edited:

oppanoia

Oct 20, 2010
Costa Mesa, CA
Made some really good progress over the past few weeks. The clutch is close to being finished there is just some fabrication to do on the cable arm. I still have to get the exhaust tubing bent and the flange welded on. I think I will have the clutch cable arm finished buy the first part of the week and I can take care of the rest of the welding on a lunch break. I took the advise of CulverCityClassic about rotating the seat hardware doing so I achieved the top line I was going for thanks CCC for the suggestion. I would like to get working on the engine in the next few weeks. Hearing her turn over the first time will be great. The wife is tired of listing to me talk about it.

Attachments

Last edited:

oppanoia

Oct 20, 2010
Costa Mesa, CA
Today was a busy day for the build with the help of msrfan we made great progress. I had the exhaust pipe bent last week, I wasn't sold on it totally until today. The pipe isn't welded yet but I made a clamp for it and will visit the welder on my lunch break tomorrow. The throttle cable was a little tricky but after some brainstorming I think it turned out real nice.

Attachments

Last edited: