BrettMavrik's Production Bobber Frame For Sale

GoldenMotor.com

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
such a nice bike for such a piddley little engine haha

you ever though about installing a KX80 or something of the like in one of your builds?

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
yeah,
next build will be a 1976 Yamaha XS650 inline twin punched out to 750cc with a
mild race cam, rephased to 270 degrees, and twin Mikuni 36mm carbs.

I'm going for something like this:

(don't think I'll have pedals on this one)

Attachments

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Thanks guys,
If you read back a little, the pricing is there and also what donor OCC parts I need from you.
Looks like it's time to reprint two posts into one:

I. Hey there,
Alot of folks have been asking me about my frame and the OCC donor bike set up program
to get you into Chopperville. So I have brought forward and current the post that explains the
RE-CYCLE Plan. I'm going to have to re-write this someday soon
for a more blanket explanation to put on the site and to send to people, but I have no time right now.

Here it is:

Allrighty,
I'm waiting on a few small parts to arrive to finish off the Bobber.
I am working feverishly on my website which is going to debut this
New Production Bobber Frame & Motor Mount / Jackshaft Kit.
I have Preliminary Prices Set for the Frame and Related Parts in the Kit, but they may be subject to change. I believe these prices hit the target market nicely and are more than fair for what you are receiving; A True Bobber Chopper Motorized Bicycle Kit that solves many problems, is reliable, and is a pleasure to build. A Bike that rides as good as it looks that you can customize yourself; A bike that will turn heads everywhere you go...

I am also going to have other products for sale that I believe are great additions as well. One of them will be this White Wall Paint. I am confident that it will hold up very well. A pint will do well more than one bike (more like 2-3 depending on how many coats you do), so you could charge your friends to do theirs after they see how cool yours are. Just leave some for yourself in case you scuff yours. The pint will sell for $28 plus shipping and a half pint will sell for $18 plus shipping. So you can see there is a better deal with more.

I have explained in the original thread of how this Frame Is Made From A Donor OCC Stingray frame.
It is by far the simplest, most inexpensive way to get a custom stretched chopper bike, that fits its' rider, and provides excellent comfort and advanced appointments. I see alot of these OCC Choppers on craigslist just destined for the dump someday....

SAVE THE CHOPPERS !!!!

Here Is The Original Post:

Prices, and The Art of Re-"Cycling"...

Allrighty,
We are going to touch on my Master Plan for what I am creating that I want everyone who likes choppers to have;
A Killer Adult Sized Chopper Bobber MB (Motorized Bike) that they can build themselves, Which Is Half The Fun.

Problem:
K, Everyone who likes Chopper MB's just loves the Big Fat Tire found on Schwinn Stingrays. So they go out and get an inexpensive Stingray off craigslist, buy an adapter kit for the motor that is available elsewhere, and go down the road. Then they buy the bent seat post to get the seat back further, and then get ape hanger handlebars and lean them waaay forward to give more reach. But face it Stingray guys.....unless you are vertically challenged, (no offense intended whatsoever)
IT'S JUST TOO SMALL FOR YOU!!!!
Don't you want to ride a bike that fits you?

Solution:
Mavrik Motor Bicycles Series One Frame "The Bobber"
- 5' Wheel base
- 25" Seat height (minimum) 28" (maximum) with Pedal Distance to the Seat Adjustment
- Provides fitment of riders ranging from 5'-2" to 6'-3" with sliding seat clamp attachment style
- Spring Loaded pivoting motorcycle solo seat pan and cushion.(Better than any bicycle seat. period)
- Custom fitted for and ready for Happy Time 2 Stroke China Engines
- Custom Isolated Rubber Motor Mounts- eliminates engine vibration
- Custom Jackshaft Option- Yes, you can have a 5 Speed Chopper
- Front And Rear Disc Brakes Option - add safety by truly stopping on a dime
- All truly headache free and a Bolt-On Affair
- The most inexpensive way to build your own custom chopper that fits
- more kewl and inexpensive gadgets are on their way

The Art of Re-"Cycling"
-Now anyone who has bought a brand new complete bike online that they couldn't find locally was absolutely murdered on shipping costs. And then they still have to fit the motor which cost more.
The Wide Rear Rim, Tube and Tire can be found but it is hella expensive, and you still need the wide cranks to fit the chain around the fat tire. These things make the venture unfeasable.
-The Stingrays are out of production but they live on almost everywhere you look. Unpristine examples can be had almost everywhere on the cheap. Craigslist, the local flyer, garage sales, the side of the road, etc. These used Stingrays have almost everything you need component wise.
These bikes are not going to be restored and they will eventually make it to the dump in their lifetime....

Time To RE-"CYCLE" And Save Yourself A Ton On Shipping.

Here's The Plan:
- You go out and get yourself a decent Used Schwinn Stingray On The Cheap
- Don't worry about the paint or the condition of the decals, seat, etc.
- just make sure the rims are straight and the cranks, pedals, and chainwheel aren't rusted to oblivion
- Now dismantle the bike. "ziplock & coffee can" parts in groups and stow the wheels and cranks
- Now (here's the fun part) Grab a Hacksaw, Sawzall, Dremel , or Cutoff Wheel on a Grinder or Air Tool.
- Take one last look at that old "too small" kids frame, and put on your safety glasses and ear protection
- Start Cutting
- I need the neck tube, crank tube , and the entire square tube rear wheel cage assembly for your build
- (Update) Also, I need the Kickstand Block, Kick Stand & Spring Asembly (I'm re-using them as well now)
- Leave an inch of the frame tubing still connected to these parts, put them in a small box and send it to me
- I will do the rest
- What you get back is a Custom Chopper Bobber Frame ready for the motor and all the parts you removed
- Shipping me the small box of frame parts shouldn't be more than $10-$12
- Shipping you just a lightweight thin boxed chopper frame shouldn't be more than $40

This is way cheaper than spending hundreds to get a complete bike to your doorstep,
You are re-"cycling" (doesn't that feel good?) and you get a hassle-free
Chopper Bobber MB with all the goodies, options and add-ons,
and you get to build it yourself which is half the fun.

Everybody Wins, And This Is The Best Bang For The Buck.

(end)

Now, I could go out and get an OCC Stingray for you, but I am going to charge you $80 extra for the bike and my time plus shipping to get the wheels, cranks, seat, handlebars etc. to your door step.....
See the beauty of my plan now.....? =-]'

So this is where I am at and what I believe will be a Great Thing.
I want everyone who likes choppers to enjoy my solutions that make Motorized Bicycling and absolute pleasure.
I have suffered many pitfalls in my Research & Development that you can't even imagine.
Just ask some of the guys that have ridden with me...
But nearly everything now is all solved.

Perfection Accomplished?

No, but darn close.....
When I can say I can dump the clutch, gun the throttle, speed shift through the gears, rip through the turns, and grab the brakes with all my might and come to a stop as my drool keeps going the speed I just was......I've gotten pretty darn close.

No one will ever know until they experience it themselves....and that's what I intend to make available.
(Man, I really have to produce a video)

So please be patient.
I'll have the website finished soon with prices....

P.S.- Please do not hesitate to private message me with questions, OR if you just gotta' have one and want me to start building yours immediately. Don't email me just to be a "tire kicker". I can build frames right now. I do have Paypal currently set up and Merchant Services for credit cards hopefully in the near future.

Thanks,
and Ride On!
'Brett

Mavrik Motor Bicycles

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
and II.

Alrighty,
Here we go.

The Frame is $220 unpainted steel
The urethane isolate clockable Motor Mounts are $80
So,that puts you at $300...

The complete Jackshaft with hardened gears, bearings, casing (everything but chain) is $200

So, $500 and a donor OCC Stingray and you are on your way to Bobber City
Ridin' a Real Performer and gettin' the chicks. =-]'

There are some extras.
Motorcycle Springer Seat Style (the best) or weld on Seat Post Tube for a bicycle seat that you supply, Disc Brake Rotor Adapters , or Re-weld the OCC caliper Posts on the top bar for caliper brakes, Drag Bars and Risers, Super Led Headlight & Tail Light System, etc.

But, hey...you get the Hurricane Proof Built-In Kickstand for Free. =-]'

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
You send me these...

I make em' look like this...

I add my precisely angled and notched tubing like this

Then I send you this...

So you can put it back together and build your rod like this...

Any way you can put a break down of the parts you used. Or will it be on the website when it's up.

Last edited:

Toecutter66

Nov 27, 2009
Potomac Falls VA
Brett,
Nice looking work. How is your xs650 coming along? Have you been to the chopperundergorund forums yet? I have a CB750 chopper that I built, with a vintage Paughco frame, that I goose necked and added a YZ250 front end. I would post a pic, but I am too new on this forum to be allowed.

Have you considered having one of your HT OCC builds featured in the Horse Magazine? And, if you are available you should go to the Horse Magazine Smoke Out in Rockingham NC this June. It is a bike week event that focuses on homemade choppers/bobbers.

I have a friend that is on his third XS650 build, If you have any questions I can put you in touch with him.

Oops sorry for the thread drift. Back to the main topic:

Do you offer your OCC frame as a weld it yourself kit?

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
You send me these...

I make em' look like this...

I add my precisely angled and notched tubing like this

Then I send you this...

So you can put it back together and build your rod like this...
Sounds like the perfect X-Mas!! Darn I have to wait another year

I hope Santa makes toys that good XD

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Brett,
Nice looking work. How is your xs650 coming along? Have you been to the chopperundergorund forums yet? I have a CB750 chopper that I built, with a vintage Paughco frame, that I goose necked and added a YZ250 front end. I would post a pic, but I am too new on this forum to be allowed.

Have you considered having one of your HT OCC builds featured in the Horse Magazine? And, if you are available you should go to the Horse Magazine Smoke Out in Rockingham NC this June. It is a bike week event that focuses on homemade choppers/bobbers.

I have a friend that is on his third XS650 build, If you have any questions I can put you in touch with him.

Oops sorry for the thread drift. Back to the main topic:

Do you offer your OCC frame as a weld it yourself kit?
At the time, I knew what I wanted but didn't have an XS650 yet....that changed yesterday when one showed up with a big gold bow on it in the driveway on Christmas.

It's an '81 Yamaha XS650 Special. The bike asthetically is near perfect condition. The bike has only 8800 original miles. It had been sitting in storage for 11 years. I got it to fire up last night after a new battery, but the fuel wasn't drained from the reserve, and I had the petcock set for "on" (primary and reserve). One cylinder quickly fouled from the "old gas now varnish" that the reserve fed to the carbs from the bottom of the tank. So today, I'm going to get new plugs and I'm going to see if I can flush the fuel system. Once I get it running to asses any problems after a few rides around the neighborhood, the dismantling begins.

There's a new style of bike customizing emerging called "Bratstyle" and I really like the look:

The style actually began in Urban Japan where the bikers wanted a nimble streeter with an attitude.
There is a shop there called Bratstyle, where a young fabricator took a liking to vintage bikes from his homeland. The name of the style just kind of stuck. The style incorporates a low slung, short wheelbase, old school chopper look, but keeps the rear suspension in place instead of "hardtailing" the frame. The foot contols stay in "mid-bike" formation instead of forward controls. How you sit on these is a Jesse James coined style like you're ready to go ballistic.

I really admire this one for it's Old School 70's, but bantam weight Pro Street sort of look:

It's funny that this particular bike uses a 18"x 4.25" rear rim, that with tire, ends up about the same size as an OCC rear wheel. This bike has the same wheelbase as my OCC based bicycle bobber frame!
So, that's where this love of 2 wheels is heading for me.
Yes, I'd like to pick that guy's brain on where to find stuff for my Bratstyle build,
(spoke rims, etc.) Maybe I'll get it done for that NC meet.

Back to Bicycles.
I don't think I'd be offering a weld-it-yourself kit as my frames are made in a jig for trueness. One "mess up" of alignment on your part and the tube you just bought from me is wasted.
I have thought about some magazine exposure for the OCC based Motor Bicycle I build, I just don't know who'd be interested in it. These things fall into a category of their own.

Last edited:

OleSkool

Dec 19, 2009
West WI
I like what you have going! I have been thinking of a way to incorporate a multi speed hub as part of the jack shaft as a separate transmission?
There are some disc brake models that would facilitate a double sprocket set up, I just have to handle one to figure out how to get it set up flip it or whatever! Your rig would have plenty of room to add something like that. I just need to commit to building my board track racer!

Toecutter66

Nov 27, 2009
Potomac Falls VA
Brett,
At one I also did an XS650 Brat Style. You can do one in a couple hours. First thing I did was make some hard tail struts, but I put it as low as it would go, I sawzalled off the frame after the rear shock mounts. I took the front brake, rotor caliper, fender, speedo, tach etc off. I put on a set of drag bars, cut the exhaust off right after where it mounts near the pegs. I made a seat out of carpet padding and bungeed it in place. It was a fun little bike, I might have pics somewhere. Mine also had a crappy petcock, I used one in-line that I got from a lawn mower store. I slid the forks down in the triple trees until the bike was level. Dont forget to shorten your kick stand, otherwise it will be vertical, and want to fall over. I used a harley blinker, (1157) type as a taillight made a side mount for the tag. After all that, I noticed the clutch slipped, and the charging system took a dump at 3:00am after a night of bar hopping. I pushed it home, which was pretty easy because it was so light.

I got the bike for $300 (no paper), parked it for a bit, and gave it to a friend. (the one I mentioned earlier. Here is a pic of what he did with it before paint:

Yours looks too nice to cut-up, you should look at some of the aftermarket rigid frames they make for these bikes, some of them are very sweet.

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Yeah, she's pretty together for being 29 years old.
That's a pretty interesting Bobber. Bratstyle isn't rigid in the rear I believe.
I'm going to stretch the swingarm 3", bringing the wheelbase to 60", and use
10.25" progressive coilover shocks. The shocks will be swept forward to 40 degrees
overall, which will lower the bike approximately 4" in the rear. The fork will remain unchanged,
so the bottom of the frame will appear ramped instead of parallel to the ground. The custom exhaust pipes I will make that will hug the bottom of the frame will be made parallel to the ground to cloak the effect. This will give the Bike a 33 degree Rake and 4.75" of Trail. I'm going with an Excel 18"x4.25" rim for the rear and a 21"x1.85" rim for the front, both re-spoked in near 90 degree spoke configuration for strength.
It's going to be a fun build, and I'll put it up on ebay for profit from my efforts. I'm probably going convert no less than four bikes this year to this new appealing style.
My goal is to obtain a 4'x8' CNC plasma cutting table for future creative endeavors. My first job will be this really cool driveway gate a couple artists and I collaborated on.

I'm still going to be building OCC frames, and I also have another new frame design coming for dual suspension mountain bikes that will readily accept an HT engine and a built in jackshaft for multi-speeds. Any interest in this idea, folks.....?

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Most multi-speed / continuously variable internal hubs won't run in reverse, so a jackshaft before the hub to be used as a jackshaft must be there to get the drive to the proper side of the engine. It's completely possible to fit an internal hub on the frame next to the jackshaft to effectively get gears there instead of a multi-speed freewheel and derailleur. The cost difference is about five times over the latter.

I like what you have going! I have been thinking of a way to incorporate a multi speed hub as part of the jack shaft as a separate transmission?
There are some disc brake models that would facilitate a double sprocket set up, I just have to handle one to figure out how to get it set up flip it or whatever! Your rig would have plenty of room to add something like that. I just need to commit to building my board track racer!