BrettMavrik's Production Bobber Frame For Sale

GoldenMotor.com

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Well, sort of...
It's a jackshaft that I make that has a solid drive gear for the engine and rear wheel, and
a freewheel for the cranks. The jackshaft is attached "tube clamp" style, and can be moved to
get the tension set for the chains. Simple and effective.

With the kickstand down and lifting the rear tire off the ground,
the added bonus of kick starting the engine with the cranks is created.

Thats coming along nicely, is that a freewheel setup mid Frame?? Pete

drn2

webikeon

Nov 5, 2009
Woodland, California
Here is Brett's sweet bobber frame mocked up with what parts we have so far. We should have it rolling with chain and pedals in a couple of days. The front end will soon include nicer forks. Rear disk brake first than front to follow soon. Haven't decided about fenders, yes or no. I can't wait for it to stop raining so we can throw on some paint!! Enjoy. Thanks Brett!

Attachments

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
hi, after seeing those last pics im wondering what a seat for one of those would cost? of i could just drop it onto a standard occ and ride i would be happy to put some $ down for it. or what would it cost to make it fit the occ?

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Hey guys,
Sorry, I've locked myself in my shop for one month with the Yamaha.
I've been chopping and forming a new shape to the bike that lowers it 3 1/2" while still keeping the swing arm. This puts the front rake at 30 degrees exactly. Trail calcs are at 4.75". A Custom seat for two with a back rest (with a built in tool box) and a "Frisco mounted" 4.2 gallon stretched tank and mini ape hangers up front. The coil, accessories, and all the wiring will be moved under the seat with a much smaller gel battery. The side panels will be hinged and locked using the original helmet/seat lock mechanism. The tool box on the back will utilize the key latch from the original tank. The bike is designed to retain all the accessories like turn signals, horn, battery, stock gauges, headlight, etc., and use all stock parts instead of exotic aftermarket ignitions, carbs (which will have better needles). Even the center stand will be kept but modified to service the rear wheel. This will result in a very safe bike with a 250+ mile range on a single tank of gas, and have on-board tools, spare electrical components, and tire patch kit. I've built a custom rear fender that houses "frenched" in tail lights that use simple LED bulbs in 1157 sockets. The front end, aside from emulator valves installed in the front forks for a firmer, more progressive ride, will remain stock. The mags will have to go however, in favor of an 18" rear and a 21" front chrome spoked rim with Avon Cobra tires.

Webikeon, glad to see your bike mock up. You'll be much happier with a wider and stronger fork than stock, and you'll be able to fit disc brakes up front that way.

That's a very cool Honda.
It's cool to see how interests in custom motorcycles adhere to custom motor bicycles.

As far as the seat mount for a Stingray goes, the bars on a stock OCC are oblong and change shape from a lateral to a longitudinal oval and every inch of the bars are different from each other, so my seat mount won't fit.

.Here's some before and after to show you where I'm at with my build.

Attachments

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
Hey guys,
Sorry, I've locked myself in my shop for one month with the Yamaha.
I've been chopping and forming a new shape to the bike that lowers it 3 1/2" while still keeping the swing arm. This puts the front rake at 30 degrees exactly. Trail calcs are at 4.75". A Custom seat for two with a back rest (with a built in tool box) and a "Frisco mounted" 4.2 gallon stretched tank and mini ape hangers up front. The coil, accessories, and all the wiring will be moved under the seat with a much smaller gel battery. The side panels will be hinged and locked using the original helmet/seat lock mechanism. The tool box on the back will utilize the key latch from the original tank. The bike is designed to retain all the accessories like turn signals, horn, battery, stock gauges, headlight, etc., and use all stock parts instead of exotic aftermarket ignitions, carbs (which will have better needles). Even the center stand will be kept but modified to service the rear wheel. This will result in a very safe bike with a 250+ mile range on a single tank of gas, and have on-board tools, spare electrical components, and tire patch kit. I've built a custom rear fender that houses "frenched" in tail lights that use simple LED bulbs in 1157 sockets. The front end, aside from emulator valves installed in the front forks for a firmer, more progressive ride, will remain stock. The mags will have to go however, in favor of an 18" rear and a 21" front chrome spoked rim with Avon Cobra tires.

Webikeon, glad to see your bike mock up. You'll be much happier with a wider and stronger fork than stock, and you'll be able to fit disc brakes up front that way.

That's a very cool Honda.
It's cool to see how interests in custom motorcycles adhere to custom motor bicycles.

As far as the seat mount for a Stingray goes, the bars on a stock OCC are oblong and change shape from a lateral to a longitudinal oval and every inch of the bars are different from each other, so my seat mount won't fit.

.Here's some before and after to show you where I'm at with my build.
cold you just weld an occ seat pole to it?

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I could actually.
Make one that slips into a seat post.
It wouldn't be able to get as low to the frame however, but it would work
and still look good. $55 plus shipping to make one.
'Brett

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
brett you have some very decent skills with your visions! im really liking the way the tank pulled that thing so short looking!!! wow!

on a side note, i really REALLY wish i could get a place togeather to do custom stuff like you man... much respect.

the hum! (just be sure you slip a yoshi on that rice chopper buddy ;))

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Thanks, man.
I actually am building this in such a way that it looks disproportionate. The tank is a Jesse James Villain 3" stretched and rolled version of a standard peanut tank. I then I sort of "frisco" mounted it to be level with the bottom of the main tube. This points the tank way up and with its' nice taper, it vanishes under the custom seat. The bike only has a 57" wheelbase so it's a runt already. I dropped the seat as much as I could which puts it at 24" for the driver. The bike has 4.5" of ground clearance loaded with rider.

I finished the rear tool compartment yesterday. The style is louvered; a design cue that was popular in the lat 70's. I utilized the key cylinder and latch mechanism from the old tank so it works off the bike key. The tray hinge is rubber mounted as well as the top guide to ward off any rattling.

Last night I custom formed a side cover for under the seat using my mig, clamps, and my torch to release the spring stress of the panel when clamped into two coumpound curves. I'll finish the other one today. These will be hinged so they don't have to be removed for access. Cool thing is, I will utilize the original helmet/seat lock mechanism with rubber snubbers, so they will pop open like a trunk release when unlocked with the key.

It's all in the details..... =-]'

Last edited:

mikldom

Jan 4, 2010
OBX, NC
I have 4 OCC Frames.. all good, not bent, etc.

Would you take 4 frames and give me back one of your bobber frames? How much of a discount?

Thanks...

I may consider selling them..

/mike

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Hey guys.... = ]'
Sorry, been away for a couple months. I was engaged in my '81 Yamaha XS650 chopper project.
I finished it and headed into the wind for a little cross country tour.
It was a blast to build and even more to ride.
Here's a before and after:

I am amazed at the response I have received as of late of people inquiring about frames, parts and complete bobbers.
I'll be happy to respond again to anyone interested as I may begin a production run very soon.

Have an excellent Memorial Day Weekend!

Last edited: